Big truck

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
This guy is awesome! The best! He knows about nuclear propulsion! He's like totally all about politics and stuff. I could just lay back for hours listening to everything you know about everyone else and how the world works. I mean if you put the effort in to solving world problems like you do posting here, you could solve world hunger, cancer, center to edge aiming. I'm really just a huge fan like I'm sure everyone else must be.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy is awesome! The best! He knows about nuclear propulsion! He's like totally all about politics and stuff. I could just lay back for hours listening to everything you know about everyone else and how the world works. I mean if you put the effort in to solving world problems like you do posting here, you could solve world hunger, cancer, center to edge aiming. I'm really just a huge fan like I'm sure everyone else must be.

Really, no not really lol. Girl yo have better to do lol.????? Cellie..........

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member

I'm not awesome:( I'm just knowledgeable, Big difference!

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Blue Hog Ridr -- this is what Crazy Erica and her two buddies want. They want to have a site where all pool videos are uploaded to and not have them housed on YouTube. A site that she owns. Then she will run Google ads or whatever on this site. She will get the Google Ad money and then keep some (I would think a large % for herself and her two buddies) and filter the rest to the pool players. Basically she wants to transfer the YouTube method of operation to herself. She thinks there is millions in this although the numbers tell otherwise. Also she fails to understand that NO pool player videos himself so to burn a bridge with the Big Trucks of the world is just damaging her lottery ticket winning dream.

Fat chance that's going to happen, lol. Why does pool get all the idiots? Every time somehing good comes along there are 15 people trying to undercut it, and subsequently ruining everything! Pool players have shot themselves in the feet so many times, there aren't even any legs left to shoot anymore. I guess most people on this forum is somewhat familiar with pool long history of this. Every time people thought they were going to cash in on all the piles of money there are in pool:rolleyes:, they ended up destroying the little income there was to be had.

I don't have to hope for them to fail in this futile endeavour, because their failure is a given. I just hope they don't drag all of pool streaming down with them. Remember how Archer and the gang destroyed pools TV chances? How about Don Mackeys little adventure? Bonus ball? Actually those guys were slick compared to this crew, and that's saying something!

Sigh...Now they are trying to remove pool from youtube, because the players (or in fact really the Mickey Mouse operators) aren't getting paid. I stand by using that term. Ripping off others internet to stream, is IMO the very definition of a Mickey Mouse operation! What a great idea this is! They certainly have something slick set up for the huge traffic they are getting:rolleyes:? Or are they going to piggyback on their neighbours wifi using their phone? That'll work splendidly I imagine. There isn't much money in pool streaming, and there certainly isn't any for Mickey Mouse operators. That effort could be put into a bikini car wash, a lemonade stand or something else that might benefit society (more than this crap).

There is (a little) money to be made on youtube, but you need actual brains to get it. What greedy numbskulls (and they are not restricted to pool only) don't get, is that the fact that pool (and other things) is free on youtube is what ensures the many views. Once you put a premium on watching, you are left with the Azb regulars (or the fanatical fans in any field). There aren't a million of us pool fans, not hardcore ones willing to pay, anyway....There is some potential in Youtube, but the smart people aren't spending their money on pool investments. I guess we will have to settle for being shot in the legs. Again. And again.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are wrong with your "Tailgating" analogy. If the person slams on their brakes and gets hit from behind the person "Tailgating" is at fault! The charge is following too close or inattentive driving. I wrote many tickets for this in my 23 years in law enforcement.

This is usually the case, but not always. I won't argue with you, but there are circumstances where the lead vehicle can be held liable. I'd also like to add that just because the vehicle code may find the tailgater at fault, doesn't necessarily mean that it SHOULD BE his fault. Think about it from a non-legal standpoint: If the driver doesn't suddenly stop, the accident never happens.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
This is usually the case, but not always. I won't argue with you, but there are circumstances where the lead vehicle can be held liable. I'd also like to add that just because the vehicle code may find the tailgater at fault, doesn't necessarily mean that it SHOULD BE his fault. Think about it from a non-legal standpoint: If the driver doesn't suddenly stop, the accident never happens.

I agree 100%

It's not always, but there are instances. I was there 10-12 yrs ago!

I was on the highway, middle lane. I was doing 60-65. From my left(high speed lane) a driver cuts in front of me while a vehicle on his right(when he was in my lane) was also looking to get in the middle lane!

Because the original driver that WAS on my left came over in such a hurry, and panicked when the tdriver in the right lane was coming over, he slammed on his brakes, forcing me to smash into him!

I had 2 witnesses! I had zero responsibility for the accident!

Eli

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Blue Hog Ridr -- this is what Crazy Erica and her two buddies want. They want to have a site where all pool videos are uploaded to and not have them housed on YouTube. A site that she owns. Then she will run Google ads or whatever on this site. She will get the Google Ad money and then keep some (I would think a large % for herself and her two buddies) and filter the rest to the pool players. Basically she wants to transfer the YouTube method of operation to herself. She thinks there is millions in this although the numbers tell otherwise. Also she fails to understand that NO pool player videos himself so to burn a bridge with the Big Trucks of the world is just damaging her lottery ticket winning dream.

Yes, that was it. I didn't have her pegged for the Brightest Crayon anyway. When she first posted this idea, she tried to make it sound very sincere, but easy to see the underlying intentions. She has Control, makes a nice Advertising Income, and any of the Players would be lucky to receive enuff Royalties to buy a Beeg Meck Meal at Ronnies.

Wouldn't work. Too many available videos and always will be on UTube. At times, while looking for a Movie and such, you run across videos with a link to pay for the Movie. Why would one pay for it, when in a few more Clicks, you get it for Free.

If I want to watch something bad enuff, I can find it.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Suddenly stopping is not illegal and tailgating is. If the person hadn't been tailgating the sudden stop wouldn't have caused an accident. This is a (rare) case where the law gets it right.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suddenly stopping is not illegal and tailgating is. If the person hadn't been tailgating the sudden stop wouldn't have caused an accident. This is a (rare) case where the law gets it right.

It certainly can be.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's funny about the tailgating discussions. Both drivers would be at fault and both get tickets. You can not follow to close and you can not slam your brakes on causing an accident as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a guy try to run me off the road passing on the right with 2 lanes going to 1. It's 35 mph and he's right on my bumper for a 1/4 mile, then turn right, turn left. A mile easy. I'm with my 10 year old...I tell him hold on. At next stop sign there's 2 cars waiting to turn and I'm rolling in a good 30 feet from my stop and dude is just a couple feet off still. I blast the breaks and slide all 4 tires. Guy hits my bumper square....Ford Tempo with 100k on it.

I pop out and walk to his window..."You got a problem?". Dude was dumfounded, some young punk. As I walk to my car he drives around. I get his plate number. Call the cops. He gets charged with following to closely and leaving the scene of an accident. I file an insurance claim and get 500 bucks to repaint a few nicks to my bumper...which I pocket. He got points on his license, and a hit on his insurance that probably put him into assigned risk insurance until 25.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

It certainly can be.

Another common misconception people have is that doing something illegal automatically means that person is responsible or at least partially responsible for an accident. It doesn't. A few examples are someone driving without a license and/or insurance, and many people would think that since they shouldn't have been driving that they have some blame in an accident. The fact is that their lack of license or insurance is immaterial to and has zero to do with who is at fault in the accident. Another example would be an illegally parked car that gets hit. If an illegally parked car is hit it is pretty much never at fault. The fault lies with whoever hit it. Illegal does not necessarily mean at fault--not even a little bit at fault.

On a slightly side note, stopping suddenly is almost never illegal. Essentially if you were trying to avoid hitting something, there is no problem with it. Whoever rears ends you is solely at fault. Now if you suddenly stop for no other reason than you are trying to intentionally cause an accident by getting the person behind you to rear end you, then you are are partially at fault. The person in the rear is partially at fault as well for following too close. But as mentioned earlier the reality is the front driver is never going to admit to doing it to intentionally cause an accident and that there was nothing he was trying to avoid hitting, so unless there are some good witnesses the rear driver will still be found to be fully at fault.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I think it's funny about the tailgating discussions. Both drivers would be at fault and both get tickets. You can not follow to close and you can not slam your brakes on causing an accident as well.
You absolutely can slam on your brakes for most any reason and you will not be at fault for the guy rear ending you. It is their responsibility to not follow too close because people may have to slam on their brakes at any time for bunches of reasons. The person in the rear is always 100% at fault except in exceptionally rare circumstances.

Last edited:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are just plain wrong. You absolutely can slam on your brakes for most any reason and you will not be at fault for the guy rear ending you. It is their responsibility to not follow too close because people may have to slam on their brakes at any time for bunches of reasons. The person in the rear is always 100% at fault except in exceptionally rare circumstances.

Try it and let us know how you make out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Try it and let us know how you make out.

Ask any auto insurance adjuster or attorney and find out just how wrong you are. I've been involved in thousands of these cases. Slamming on your brakes almost never makes you even partially responsible for being rear ended. Where are you getting your information from? Are you going by what makes sense to you, which is wrong, or are you going by what you have heard, which is wrong?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I had a guy try to run me off the road passing on the right with 2 lanes going to 1. It's 35 mph and he's right on my bumper for a 1/4 mile, then turn right, turn left. A mile easy. I'm with my 10 year old...I tell him hold on. At next stop sign there's 2 cars waiting to turn and I'm rolling in a good 30 feet from my stop and dude is just a couple feet off still. I blast the breaks and slide all 4 tires. Guy hits my bumper square....Ford Tempo with 100k on it.

I pop out and walk to his window..."You got a problem?". Dude was dumfounded, some young punk. As I walk to my car he drives around. I get his plate number. Call the cops. He gets charged with following to closely and leaving the scene of an accident. I file an insurance claim and get 500 bucks to repaint a few nicks to my bumper...which I pocket. He got points on his license, and a hit on his insurance that probably put him into assigned risk insurance until 25.

You had your kid in the car and intentionally caused him to rear end you? Wow.