Billy Thorpe gone wild!

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Yep, I watched that replay just a couple of hours ago....

I'm sure there's back story that we won't know about, but this is one of the faces of North American pool....

images.jpeg

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Let's call this one COVID crazy.

Its poor behavior, but these are hard times

its great the dispute is over racking.

I can see why the founders of billiard had staff for racking.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When was this match? Seems many of the matches posted on this forum took place years ago.

If it was recent, that's a shame, but not surprising. Hopefully, Emily Frazer, who is dedicating her efforts to improving the image of American pool pros, wasn't watching. It's clear that some of the most visible American pros haven't bought into her vision quite yet.

Of course, these far too frequent and often ugly racking disputes have been a significant part of American pool for years now.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quit the rack rigging and these things won’t happen as often.

Everybody seems to want to pull a scam on the other guy.

Make players rack the balls in a totally random order and give them 15 seconds to put the rack on the spot once the balls are placed in it. By random, I mean random. Not always the one in the front and the two and three on the corners. Who cares what ball is in front if the rule is you must hit the head ball first on the break?

Racking scams have killed the game.

Last edited:

Scrunge19

Registered
It seems like there is a stupid argument in more and more of these money matches. Sure, they don’t all escalate to this level, but it’s tiring to see competitors act like this over and over. It makes it increasingly more difficult to empathize with pros about the state of the pro scene and how difficult it is to make a living as a pool player when many of the issues pool is suffering from is caused by these “professionals.”

Billy’s actions during that stream are shameful. I don’t care if alcohol was involved or if they were playing for $2 or $2,000 a game. No one should act like that, let alone a professional. And his ‘apology’ post if you even want to call it that was worse. I wouldn’t be surprised if cuetec took a long look at dropping him as a sponsored athlete. Just ask Justin Thomas how much it costs to say “faggot.”

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
When was this match? Seems many of the matches posted on this forum took place years ago.

If it was recent, that's a shame, but not surprising. Hopefully, Emily Frazer, who is dedicating her efforts to improving the image of American pool pros, wasn't watching. It's clear that some of the most visible American pros haven't bought into her vision quite yet.

Of course, these far too frequent and often ugly racking disputes have been a significant part of American pool for years now.
This morning

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Poplar Bluff, Mo. Yesterday.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I'm not giving excuses to their behaviour, but I've been saying this for years! there's a flaw in the game of pool, if there's no solution to this then it can happen to most of who play the game seriously.

The flaw is the rack and the break, fix this one issue because both of them "Rack + Break" are related to one issue, fix it and you solve the game.

Snooker players have that fixed cause you must break a safety, there's never an issue with snooker cause they fix the issue for pro-level.

Now find a solution for pool pro-level, fix the rack and break, we need a genius to fix it and still make it interesting because we know people love shooting that break shot very hard, but it really need a fix, we can't rely on an important shot and while making it a lucky shot but also some ppl rig it and make it desirable for them, I know ppl who rig racks and run 5 packs, it's crazy, fix the break and rack and we have a game.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'm not giving excuses to their behaviour, but I've been saying this for years! there's a flaw in the game of pool, if there's no solution to this then it can happen to most of who play the game seriously.

The flaw is the rack and the break, fix this one issue because both of them "Rack + Break" are related to one issue, fix it and you solve the game.

Snooker players have that fixed cause you must break a safety, there's never an issue with snooker cause they fix the issue for pro-level.

Now find a solution for pool pro-level, fix the rack and break, we need a genius to fix it and still make it interesting because we know people love shooting that break shot very hard, but it really need a fix, we can't rely on an important shot and while making it a lucky shot but also some ppl rig it and make it desirable for them, I know ppl who rig racks and run 5 packs, it's crazy, fix the break and rack and we have a game.
Rack your own, rack template. No issues.