Billy Thorpe gone wild!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Growing up, if someone did not act right, no one played with them. It's that simple. Really.
Exactly! You just gotta walk away. It holds the bad actors accountable with little to no drama.

It seems like you are always taking the words right out of my mind.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Still issues in different kind of ways - making certain balls, playing certain positions, if one guy knows the table more than the other guy he's a favor, there are all kind of issues - the break shot is a big problem.
Shane and Dennis had no problems for 200 games . They were both pattern-racking .

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Imagine that they are playing 9 ball and arguing about the rack, I saw that on the pro tour - fans who had payed good $ just walked out. These guys are both Champions, they should know to play Ten ball.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been through a half dozen or so of those over the last 20 years. No money besides the 4 quarters too lol. Ignorant drunks.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When was this match? Seems many of the matches posted on this forum took place years ago.

If it was recent, that's a shame, but not surprising. Hopefully, Emily Frazer, who is dedicating her efforts to improving the image of American pool pros, wasn't watching. It's clear that some of the most visible American pros haven't bought into her vision quite yet.

Of course, these far too frequent and often ugly racking disputes have been a significant part of American pool for years now.
Emily asked for a link to see the video on a Facebook thread.

also, can we get this post pinned so that the next time we have someone squealing about cornhole being on cable television while pool remains on streaming devices we can just save the conversation and refer them here?

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily asked for a link to see the video on a Facebook thread.

also, can we get this post pinned so that the next time time someone is squealing about cornhole being on cable television while pool remains on streaming devices we can just save the conversation and refer them here?
Does ESPN show after hour gambling matches in cornhole ,washers?

rwhite

When was this match? Seems many of the matches posted on this forum took place years ago.

If it was recent, that's a shame, but not surprising. Hopefully, Emily Frazer, who is dedicating her efforts to improving the image of American pool pros, wasn't watching. It's clear that some of the most visible American pros haven't bought into her vision quite yet.

Of course, these far too frequent and often ugly racking disputes have been a significant part of American pool for years now.
Last nite

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack your own, rack template. No issues.
I can’t agree with that one either. The high spot/rack helps, but still players can learn to make a ball in the corner or the 1-ball in the side virtually every break, and on top of that if they are permitted to pattern rack there is no telling how many racks a pro player could string together. The best solution for pro level players is 4-inch pockets!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
This is why billiards needs a national supported youth development program that can be purchased by affiliate locations.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Everyone’s bashing Billy, but how many times is Rob Saez going to be involved in shenanigans?
Not many will care, I suspect, for Robb Saez is not one of the most visible faces in American pool.

Billy Thorpe, on the other hand, as a many time Mosconi Cup Team USA presence, is one of the most prominent faces in American pool, and his actions will, fairly or not, tarnish the image of American pool throughout the world.

I've met Billy many times and like him both as a person and as a player, but he went wrong on this occasion, and I hope he'll learn something from it. He has not, in my view, let his fans down as much as he's let down his fellow pros and his sponsors.

Wishing Billy everything good going forward.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’ll never happen because of the space needed but they should probably go back to 5 by 10 tables too.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a shame American pool players feel they can behave this way with impunity.

Not too long ago I witnessed another USA MC player acting like a little bitch in a small local tournament. It was beyond pathetic.

Lou Figueroa