Bobby Pickle & Johnny Archer-May 30

Grady

Pro Player
Since I was asked, Johnny hardly ever loses. He is the best in the world at racking the balls and he is dirt slow, two reasons which make him the favorite. He is also possessed of maybe the world's best break.
Case in point: Two or three years ago he played Sambahon a race to 15 that took a mind boggling 5 hours plus.
I really don't want to put a number on this match but I will say that winning is contagious. Archer usually wins.

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
Grady said:
Since I was asked, Johnny hardly ever loses. He is the best in the world at racking the balls and he is dirt slow, two reasons which make him the favorite. He is also possessed of maybe the world's best break.
Case in point: Two or three years ago he played Sambahon a race to 15 that took a mind boggling 5 hours plus.
I really don't want to put a number on this match but I will say that winning is contagious. Archer usually wins.
I think its obvious that Archer is the assumed favorite. Pickle is a world class bar table player and it would not surprise me if he won. I have been there many many times and seen it first hand. If he catches a gear he is very capable of running the set out. Pickle is the most seasoned money player I have ever meet bar none! He knows all the moves and angles. I just wonder if there is some sort of deal between the two of them. Like a savior or a guarantee paid by the winning player to the losing player. If so then we are talking about a totally different match up!!

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think its fair to say that JA is the favorite and BP is the underdog.

Archer IMO is still a champion and can still bring it. He grew up playing alot on Bar Tables and I dont think he is a stranger to them. Plus he still
has a little time to hone up for the May 30th date.

His break will be the deciding factor IMO. If he can control the rock he will have more chances to string racks together than Bobby.

No matter how well Bobby plays on his home table he has to get to the table.

For me I wonder how comfortable Johnny is in Cookeville. That can really
make a difference. He is a Pro player and the table conditions will be very good so thats not an issue.

I say a $100bet on Archer wins you $165-175 tops
$100 on Pickle should get you between $190 -210 maybe closer to
$200-220.

Odds have to be set to generate bets not what the actual true odds should be.
Some people might take a flyer at Pickle at 2-1 and some still might take some of JA even though they are not getting an equal return.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Why dosnt Pickle play Corey? He can get the 8 from him, maybe more, and get the same bet maybe more. Playing johny even dosnt make sense.

abundy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
derekdisco said:
Why dosnt Pickle play Corey? He can get the 8 from him, maybe more, and get the same bet maybe more. Playing johny even dosnt make sense.

Pickle should play Bartrum again. I was in Cookeville this past December and Bartrum gave Pickle the call 8 on the bar box and they broke even.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
uwate said:
Ill take the over for 100 BazookaJoe.

Tell you what. Ill take pickle, Ill put up 2 breakfast buffets at the derby vs. your 3 Breakfast Buffets and 3 dinner buffets. Im in a trap but I want something to sweat :)

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whoever posted the over/under number of times Archer picks at the table at 750.i want over and i will lay -150.all the other guys making lines of Bobby bet $100 win $220 and Archer bet $100 win $180.i want to bet a dime on both of them.also can i bet you guys some football this year.