Brand new dennis searing golden cue

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
First thank you all for the really nice compliments!!
I'm honored that I got to build a cue that in return would help some one in my family in a serious time the way it did. Thank you Sean!
I'm not an inlay counter. I design a cue in a way that makes me feel it flows, so what ever inlays go into a cue to create that feel, or look in my mind is what I do. It doesn't matter if it's 700 inlays, or 8. Sometimes I feel it's what you don't do that can make a cue special. If I was going to count inlays like on this cue, I would count for instance one of the gold bordered dashes as two inlays because there's two separate pieces. There's a pocket cut for the gold, and a pocket cut into the gold for the ivory. With that in mind, there's 243 inlays in the cue. I'm also including the "searing" logo because each letter is an individual part cut from gold plate, and a .0055" pocket cut for each one.
Regarding the use of .005" bits to do the inlay work, I'm afraid it was made to sound like I said no one else used, or does use a .005" bit. That's not what I meant, or said. I was asked if any one else used the .005" bits I used to do much of the inlay work in the cue, and my answer was that I didn't think so, at least not yet. The only reason I said I didn't think so is because the particular bits I'm using I had custom made for me to cut deeper than any other .005" bit I've seen available. I think there are a number of cue makers on here that know I will help another maker if I can, and have many many times. They also know that it's not my style to speak negative of fellow cue makers. Please except my apology if it sounded that way. Every one trying to make cues with care has my respect.

Thanks again for the compliments, it makes the effort we all put into a cue worth while!

Dennis

Dennis.....very respectful as always.......

oh yea....love the cue ;)

Ballistic Billiards

Step up your Game!
Silver Member
how much is a thousandth/ mil?

.005" is roughly the thickness of a sheet of paper.
Most people's eyes can't discern the difference between .005" and .010"
but you can certainly imagine it when you see it under a lens.

Cutting the letters for your name must have been a nightmare.

Having said that, I have to say that I didn't mean to imply that you were
misleading or disrespecting anyone.
I can't imagine how many hours/ bits went into this project.

I'm honored that I got to build a cue that in return would help some one in my family in a serious time the way it did. Thank you Sean!
I'm not an inlay counter. I design a cue in a way that makes me feel it flows, so what ever inlays go into a cue to create that feel, or look in my mind is what I do. It doesn't matter if it's 700 inlays, or 8. Sometimes I feel it's what you don't do that can make a cue special. If I was going to count inlays like on this cue, I would count for instance one of the gold bordered dashes as two inlays because there's two separate pieces. There's a pocket cut for the gold, and a pocket cut into the gold for the ivory. With that in mind, there's 243 inlays in the cue. I'm also including the "searing" logo because each letter is an individual part cut from gold plate, and a .0055" pocket cut for each one.
Regarding the use of .005" bits to do the inlay work, I'm afraid it was made to sound like I said no one else used, or does use a .005" bit. That's not what I meant, or said. I was asked if any one else used the .005" bits I used to do much of the inlay work in the cue, and my answer was that I didn't think so, at least not yet. The only reason I said I didn't think so is because the particular bits I'm using I had custom made for me to cut deeper than any other .005" bit I've seen available. I think there are a number of cue makers on here that know I will help another maker if I can, and have many many times. They also know that it's not my style to speak negative of fellow cue makers. Please except my apology if it sounded that way. Every one trying to make cues with care has my respect.

Thanks again for the compliments, it makes the effort we all put into a cue worth while!

Dennis

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gotta admit that I copied the pics to keep, bet there's been a lot of that going on.
This is just such a hugely impressive & satisfying piece of work, from a technical, design, and aesthetic standpoint. Maximum effect from every part, and nothing that gets in your way or trips you up as you look along it.
Typical, all class, response from Dennis, too. He stands, unselfishly, among a very small, and very elite group of artisans that represent the frontier all others see in front of them.

smullaney83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone about the inlay i made a mistake on my first post and for that i apologize and i thank dennis for letting everyone no what the actual inlay was and i also want to thank everyone for looking at this cue and admiring it its a piece of work i love it thanks dennis and sorry everyone for misleading in the inlay count. I never was good at math lol

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very well said...

Sean, We should get together to hit some ball. We can invite Dennis, that way the only person without a Searing will be him...HAHAHA
Just kidding, enjoy your cue man. Its stunning!!! You should send some of the pics to the people who publish the Blue Book of cues, I think this cue is definitely book, hell museum worthy!
Dan Z

smullaney83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sean, We should get together to hit some ball. We can invite Dennis, that way the only person without a Searing will be him...HAHAHA
Just kidding, enjoy your cue man. Its stunning!!! You should send some of the pics to the people who publish the Blue Book of cues, I think this cue is definitely book, hell museum worthy!
Dan Z

yea we should get together and hit some maybe bet something too lol anyways if u no how to send the pics to them i would be honored and i no dennis would be as well im just horrible at computers and sending pics you no so let me no if u can send it

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Sneaky Dennis

yea we should get together and hit some maybe bet something too lol anyways if u no how to send the pics to them i would be honored and i no dennis would be as well im just horrible at computers and sending pics you no so let me no if u can send it

Hi guys, hope you all have fun playing together but Dennis does have a cue he can play with. s..neaky.......shhh!
"country" Bob

smullaney83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys, hope you all have fun playing together but Dennis does have a cue he can play with. s..neaky.......shhh!
"country" Bob

your right but he never made one for himself which i dont no why he should lol thanks everyone enjoy the pics cue plays lights out thanks

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm TOTALLY blown away by that. DON'T EVER SELL IT and don't ever let that cue out of your sight.

WOW!!! Almost brought a tear to my eye for a second.

Anyone know how to get a hold of Dennis Searing? Please PM me that info.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Searing

Sean, its very important i talk to you asap, please call me 989-569-3577. by the way thats 1 beautiful cue Dennis made for you, would love to see it sometime. call me or send your phone number & best time to call. regards don.... sureman183@yahoo.com

shadowmoss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
End of year bump

This is one of the few cues I've seen this year I wished I owned.

(But don't ever sell it)

Eric

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dennis

I appologise I'm the one who started the inlay count issue in this thread and that was out of line, I know this is a old thread but reading it again I didnt like what I said, So Please accept my sincerest appologies.

the fact is this is a beatiful cue that took lots of love and passion to build and made the new owner very happy, thats whats important. Not how many of this or that. Its a cue that has great provonance and will be a special cue for long as we'll all be alive. I'm glad to see this thread has resurfaced and I could appologise.

Happy new Year,

Eric :)

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
Here are 2 pictures of the cue before it was finished. it's an incredible cue.

Attachments

• pre finishedSearings 004.jpg
    pre finishedSearings 004.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 629
  • Searingssm 006.jpg
    Searingssm 006.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 631