BRAZILIAN Rosewood question

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I'm in for 2, just let me know when to anty up.
Dave

For others like me, non-metric users,
22 mm = 0.8661417322834646 Inches
33 mm = 1.299212598425197 Inches

A little close if they don't spin straight.....
But I'm still in for 2
Dave

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Ok guys I'll ante up the money for the lot of them. I definately don't want all of these, but figured you guys would love to get some of it also. Just don't leave me hanging fellas, not really trying to have a grand tied up in just a few pieces of wood lol.

thanks again everyone,
Keeb-
Everyone that has posted before this post gets the exact amount that they asked for. No more than that as I want a couple for myself :) I don't use paypal so I'll have to be money order via mail + S/H

If anyone is going to change their mind then now is the time to speak, as I'll be sending the cash TODAY. I'll let all of you know when they are in an you can send payment and I'll send you the wood.

thanks again everyone,
Keeb-

Last edited:

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rosewood

Looks like Mark finally realized he wasn't going to get $150 each on these.
I'll buy 3 or 4- whatever you'll send me. Let me know.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Let me know when you need the cheese.

I can't remember, but it seems like you have a lathe or access to one. If you do, can you put the blanks between centers and measure the run-out at 12 inches from the joint end? To me, that would be the best way to determine the straightness of each blank. Might even ask your supplier to do this before you buy to determine if they are all straight. The size is right at the final pass stage for most of us, so there is little to no margin to work with if a blank has a big hop.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
yep got a metal and a wood lathe. Can do that for ya. They should be in hopefully b/f I come back offshore in two weeks. What I'll do is have you guys send the money when I'm out here that way when I get back in from my next hitch I can just pack them up and send them off to their respective buyers.

thanks again,
Keeb-

mr_stanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, have all of these pieces been spoken for? If not I would like to get at least one or two if available. Thanks, Michael

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I'll try my best to be fair to everyone interested....

Since there is such a demand for these I'll try and spread them around as best I can. I'm getting these to share with everyone so we all can have some of the gold, I've noted all that are interested and will get to you first come first serve once the goods are in my possession.

Unless if some end up backing out we may have to keep it to just a few per person. As I said I want to be fair to everyone, and I will be hocking them for a very fair price. I'm doing this as I believe business should be done, FAIR/HONEST. So if anyone has particular questions such as price/per or anything else then just shoot me a PM....

Thanks very much for showing so much interest and not leaving this coonass out to dry lmao....:p

take care guys,
-Keeb

Cueballdg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im in if any are left

Hey Keeb
I am in for one for one.
Can you please PM me your info and price so I can send the Czash.

Thanks
P.S. Thanks for sticking your neck out and sharing with AZ
You Da Man
:thumbup:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hey Keeb
I am in for one for one.
Can you please PM me your info and price so I can send the Czash.

Thanks
P.S. Thanks for sticking your neck out and sharing with AZ
You Da Man
:thumbup:

As I stated earlier in the thread, payment is not going to be sent to me untill I recieve them in my hands sometimes this week or next week. I'll let everyone know when the time comes.

thanks,
Keebie

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
If you guys like this stuff, can't wait to show you all some pics of some worm eatn mahogany that I have from my grandfather! He was a master turner and always spoke about doing something with it, and was probably his favorite piece of wood, sadly his thoughts never came to fruition b/f he passed. I have a 6x6 of it about 4.5ft long he found it on the beach about 50 yrs ago! So no telling how old that wood was, It was a big log and he cut it square.

I was thinking about making one plain jane with it and using some crushed up turquoise or MOP and mixing w/epoxy and smearing it into the holes....would look CRAZY SICK! Then maybe some points out of it on a half splice into maple with this brazilian rosewood on the handle and the mahogany repeated in the buttsleeve :)

sadly none of it is for sale:D but can't wait to share some photos.

what you guys think?
Keeb-

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
The wood is coming!!!

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait. I just sent payment for the shipment. They will be in sometime next week! I'll let you all know soon when to send payment.

thanks,
Keeb-