BRAZILIAN Rosewood question

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Here are your exact words on March 29:

Now hold on brother, why didn't you buy up all the rosewood then and take the risk to distribute it to everyone?
[QUOTE}

You originally asked your AZ family to commit to buy from you because you didn't want to spend the whole grand, and your fellow AZ members did step up and allowed you to take the risk without too much exposure. Here is what you said about that:

Ok guys I'll ante up the money for the lot of them. I definately don't want all of these, but figured you guys would love to get some of it also. Just don't leave me hanging fellas, not really trying to have a grand tied up in just a few pieces of wood lol.[QUOTE]

So what did you do? Did you leave those that committed in writing, on the first page of this thread, hanging? LOL The commitments did not involve massive e-mails or PM's, just a simple check of the thread you posted in regularly since then, you just failed to keep your word.

It's that simple, those that eased your mind enough to be able to go ahead with the purchase seem to have been left out, while those that got the wood didn't even bother to help you in the beginning. It all boils down to keeping your word, no ball busting, just pointing out how important keeping your word is to you.

no your right tommy I completely screwed everyone, I lied and sent the wood to everyone else like sherm, larry, dave, bob etc....

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Here are your exact words on March 29:

Now hold on brother, why didn't you buy up all the rosewood then and take the risk to distribute it to everyone?
[QUOTE}

You originally asked your AZ family to commit to buy from you because you didn't want to spend the whole grand, and your fellow AZ members did step up and allowed you to take the risk without too much exposure. Here is what you said about that:

no your right tommy I completely screwed everyone, I lied and sent the wood to everyone else like sherm, larry, dave, bob etc....

You are only as good as your word. Reminding you of your commitment to those that offered to help you in the beginning and your subsequent betrayal of their trust is something you needed to face.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand getting that bent out of shape over it, Sam... After all, I was one of those asking for one as well.... I obviously didn't get one. I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to go through trying to delegate a huge lot of items to an even larger population....

It's just wood, don't lose any sleep over it..... You had nothing vested in it. You got nothing from it. Seems to be an even deal.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
I don't understand getting that bent out of shape over it, Sam... After all, I was one of those asking for one as well.... I obviously didn't get one. I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to go through trying to delegate a huge lot of items to an even larger population....

It's just wood, don't lose any sleep over it..... You had nothing vested in it. You got nothing from it. Seems to be an even deal.

LOL, short little nats buzzing this spring. Your comments are predicktable, and old. Sam told me you acted like a fan when you were introduced at the SBE that year, said you had nothing to say like you type, kinda a little man, big man syndrome.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, short little nats buzzing this spring. Your comments are predicktable, and old. Sam told me you acted like a fan when you were introduced at the SBE that year, said you had nothing to say like you type, kinda a little man, big man syndrome.
You and I have never met. Only casemakers I've ever met were Barton, Murnak, Justis, and Thomas.

I'll tell you the same thing in person I will say here. That's a bet.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
You and I have never met. Only casemakers I've ever met were Barton, Murnak, Justis, and Thomas.

I'll tell you the same thing in person I will say here. That's a bet.

That is right you and I have never met, and if you claim you didn't meet Sam, then you don't know him or anything about him first hand and anything you say is just your speculation.

Sorry you came up short again, I know it's kinda your lot in life.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is right you and I have never met, and if you claim you didn't meet Sam, then you don't know him or anything about him first hand and anything you say is just your speculation.

Sorry you came up short again, I know it's kinda your lot in life.

I have never met (you) Sam. Ever. I don't really care to. Why would I want to know someone - or know "about" someone that has to cowardly hide because of the people he has screwed over?

You're really good at busting out "anonymous" insults. To bad you have very shriveled girly type balls and can't stand out on your own.

-Ross

ps - it's rather pathetic you have to stoop to insulting my life not knowing a damn thing about it.... My life can beat up your life. Twice. True story. Gotta hop on a flight now, last post for the day.... holla!

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
I have never met (you) Sam. Ever. I don't really care to. Why would I want to know someone - or know "about" someone that has to cowardly hide because of the people he has screwed over?

You're really good at busting out "anonymous" insults. To bad you have very shriveled girly type balls and can't stand out on your own.

-Ross

Your face to balls admission cannot be discredited.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I was waiting to figure out what to do with the situation. I was not wanting to sell these at the same price as i would have had some unhappy cuemakers on my hands lol.

This brazilian rosewoods got the forum on red alert lmao! I was being very serious about the PM's....i got so many it gave me high blood pressure....it was like spam but worse lol.

I've already emailed a few people that had wanted a piece with further details.

Its like survivor in here! 2 pieces left CAST YOUR VOTE! LMFAO

Attachments

• survivor.jpg
    survivor.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 135

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Just an idea....

what do you guys think about making a thread and posting up pics of the cues that we all end up building out of this batch? The wood is amazing to say the least, I'm interested in seeing what others have planned for their blanks?

I would love to butterfly splice the bottom of a shaft with a small piece of it...that would look sic!:thumbup:

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
I too was an early responder who ended up with nothing. I'm not upset, but if it were me, I can guarantee that I would have worked my list of responders in the order in which they were received... One hundred PMs or 1,000 PMs, if you only had 22 pieces, then you really only had to manage a list of 22 or less people. When you organize a bulk purchase with the goal of making money or getting your own items for free or at a discount, you are agreeing to manage the work load for that reward.

Life goes on. No hard feelings.
Mr H

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I too was an early responder who ended up with nothing. I'm not upset, but if it were me, I can guarantee that I would have worked my list of responders in the order in which they were received... One hundred PMs or 1,000 PMs, if you only had 22 pieces, then you really only had to manage a list of 22 or less people. When you organize a bulk purchase with the goal of making money or getting your own items for free or at a discount, you are agreeing to manage the work load for that reward.

Life goes on. No hard feelings.
Mr H

I'll admit i didn't get to everyone in the exact order that they posted, but no one out of the group that came first was sold any. I had a small hiccup with the quality and condition of some of the blanks and decided to drop the price on those since they were not as originally described. I can honestly say that I wasn't prepared well enough and should not have tried to get all this going while i was offshore...thats where the problem lied I should have waited to get with everyone untill I got in.

PM sent.

apologies,
keeb-

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could be wrong, but Keeb, you did send to the original responders and then you ran out before you even cleared the first page right?

or,

did you really screw up and promise to give first come first serve, and later change your mind?

Why don't we see who you sent to? That would clear up everything. Keebie, your reputation is at stake here. You could go down as the guy who promised rare blanks, got everyone excited, and got premature 'em.

Guys, Keebie is a good guy, he is a bit young and he does have much to learn about life, but I can say from experience that he's alright, and if he did screw anyone, don't take it that way, that wasn't his intention.

This can all just be a lesson learned for everyone. Sometimes, it ain't as easy as you think.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I could be wrong, but Keeb, you did send to the original responders and then you ran out before you even cleared the first page right?

or,

did you really screw up and promise to give first come first serve, and later change your mind?

Why don't we see who you sent to? That would clear up everything. Keebie, your reputation is at stake here. You could go down as the guy who promised rare blanks, got everyone excited, and got premature 'em.

Guys, Keebie is a good guy, he is a bit young and he does have much to learn about life, but I can say from experience that he's alright, and if he did screw anyone, don't take it that way, that wasn't his intention.

This can all just be a lesson learned for everyone. Sometimes, it ain't as easy as you think.

Never changed my mind, it was first come first serve tho i did unfortunately miss a few…many of the first posters had messaged me also and sent payment while I was still on the rig.

I had

Joey B. (purchased for 2 people)
Bob Healey
Roger Swerd
Marcus Solt
Larry Vigus
David Popolizio
Dave Bushey

And two others from the original 2 pages in my tally book..(sherm & bluehogridr)

Trying to handle it offshore backfired as it was a bust week and I didn’t have the time to properly address everyone via PM, much less get back with everyone of the PM’s I had received. I had to delete messages out of my box 4 times just to be able to respond to some of the PM’s. Doing it out on the rig is what got me lost in the first place.

As far as I knew all the blanks were in good condition, possible runout but no idea there would be some chunks missing and holes in random places on 5 of the blanks. Upon seeing that I stopped everything not really knowing what to do.

As I had customers that were on the list that were supposed to get a good blank, not a f*kd up one.

I should have waited until I got home b/f getting with everyone….i was just a litte bit too impatient and “thought” (problem #1) when I should have figured to have some gaffed up pieces.

I figured everything would be just fine, didn’t expect to have anything out of the ordinary on the blanks….as if it were me selling them I would have noted the damages/hickies present in the blanks.

It all boiled down to me not being patient enough to wait a little longer b/f concluding the sale/distribution at my home instead of on an oil rig.

It upsets me very much b/c I really did want to have everyone get a nice piece at the end of the day and be happy. I’m upset b/c the person I purchased them from didn’t say anything about some of the blanks not being on the up and up. Basically I’m upset that I trusted the person’s word I bought the batch from, this along with my impatience lead to the last minute discovery of the problems with the blanks, which made me lose my sh*t and my head at the site and realization of the situation

I had PM’d one of the other members about my predicament but never heard back, that was when I said there were none left…..i was horribly embarrassed and shocked at the situation I basically put myself in.

It was an honest mistake and wish it would have worked out a little better.

Its not the other guys fault for not telling me about the damages, its mine for not waiting till i got home and had everything in front of me b/f proceeding to do business.

Last edited:

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rosewood

Keeb,

I'm very disappointed but could you send some oil instead :)

Thanks for trying.

Mario

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Keeb,

I'm very disappointed but could you send some oil instead :)

Thanks for trying.

Mario

appreciate it mario. if i end up selling off anything later on from buttsleeves to handles or for JP's i'll be sure to post it up. Like the top cue in the photo has the big filled in X. But you got just enough to work with on top of that to make a nice set of joint protectors and things like that. All the ones in the top photo should be headed to the chop shop lol to part out lol.

they were (didn't pic the 5th one) the ones that were not so nice with many blemishes and fill marks.

the second and third photos are pics of some of the grain present in mostly every one of the blanks.

Attachments

• Photo 291.jpg
    Photo 291.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Photo 294.jpg
    Photo 294.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Photo 292.jpg
    Photo 292.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 238

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
THE GRAIN IN THESE PIECES LOOKS AWESOME......

Marcus

P.S. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SELL SMALL PIECES, I WOULD BE INTERESTED.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Hey bud, whats with this Blue Hot Dog?
Altho, hot dogs are in my favorite food group, along with potato chips.