Brunswick gibson

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI all,

I found a great deal on a 1 owner Brunswick gibson. I haven't been able to find much info online but looks like a great table from what I can see.

Anyone have one? Thoughts on how it plays/any advice for a new owner?

Thanks!

Chris

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
HI all,

I found a great deal on a 1 owner Brunswick gibson. I haven't been able to find much info online but looks like a great table from what I can see.

Thanks!

Chris

PM AZmember TATE....I think he has one.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I love mine because of the beauty and the way it plays. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Mine has Artemis rails changed out by Ernesto (tight) so I don't know how they play standard.

It's a 9' table. The table is mostly solid figured mahogany (with some veneers) . The top rails, skirts and corners are all solid figured mahogany, pedastals are curved veneers. It came with a matching wall rack. The wood is beautiful and it fits right in with modern décor or mid-century modern. The pockets are formed leather with no return. It is a fairly quiet table to play versus a Gold Crown, but not as quiet as a leather net pocketed table. They are discontinued now.

Attachments

• Pool TABLE 2.JPG
    Pool TABLE 2.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 2,316
Last edited:

asiasdad

Banned
Of the home tables, the Gibson the way TATE has his set up is
my favorite. It has all the charm of an old anniversary - updated.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love mine because of the beauty and the way it plays. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Mine has Artemis rails changed out by Ernesto (tight) so I don't know how they play standard.

It's a 9' table. The table is mostly solid figured mahogany (with some veneers) . The top rails, skirts and corners are all solid figured mahogany, pedastals are curved veneers. It came with a matching wall rack. The wood is beautiful and it fits right in with modern décor or mid-century modern. The pockets are formed leather with no return. It is a fairly quiet table to play versus a Gold Crown, but not as quiet as a leather net pocketed table. They are discontinued now.
Awesome, thanks guys. That is one beauty of a table!

Very excited to get mine. I love the look of the anniversary and think I might even like the wood on the corners of the Gibson better than the metal on the anniversaries.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is one beautiful table. I love those flat rails. Maybe some day I will get the chance to play on it.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That is one beautiful table. I love those flat rails. Maybe some day I will get the chance to play on it.

Frank, any time you want my friend! We moved up to the Central Coast, near Pismo Beach. Any time you are coming through, let me know!

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is the one I am buying. I'll post some more pics after I get it to my place:

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/caff3in3/Mobile Uploads/20160814_150347_zpsqns7bwy0.jpg

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great

That is one great looking table, and it sounds like it is a good playing table also. Good luck and enjoy a great find.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

If you have a choice between a Gold Crown and a Gibson.... If you indeed want a players table i suggest you go with the gold crown, The Gibson looks great but is really built for the alooks and fooling your eyes into believing it's a close relative to the anniversary.

I'm not saying it's a junk table but it might have you fooled in a way.
I'll post a pic of the gibson frame, you go and do your homework on the GoldCrown frame.
You can do or have some gussets and supports added here and there.

Gibson below
Notice where the slate attaches~> those little blocks of wood sicking out of the sides that are screwed in place with two #14 screws.

Rob.M

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you have a choice between a Gold Crown and a Gibson.... If you indeed want a players table i suggest you go with the gold crown, The Gibson looks great but is really built for the alooks and fooling your eyes into believing it's a close relative to the anniversary.

I'm not saying it's a junk table but it might have you fooled in a way.
I'll post a pic of the gibson frame, you go and do your homework on the GoldCrown frame.
You can do or have some gussets and supports added here and there.

Gibson below
Notice where the slate attaches~> those little blocks of wood sicking out of the sides that are screwed in place with two #14 screws.

Rob.M

Yes, it's a home table designed for non-commercial use. The entire frame you see there is solid hardwood mahogany held together with machine bolts . On mine the center supports are held in place by dovetailed blocks, each is screwed with six screws, likely glued. I've repositioned my table several times with jacks and furniture sliders and it didn't lose level or pop the slates. They are center support and allow the slates to be leveled with shims.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
HI all,

Thanks!

Chris

Maybe the best "home style" table ever made by Brunswick. I had one and really liked it. Solidly built and played great. Designed to look like a modern version of the Anniversary. Not a bad table to copy if you had to pick one. I changed it out for a Diamond.

ROB.M

Silver Member
Table

You guys don't understand how a basic installer would install that table.
With the age of that table it's going to sag.
A basic installer is there to do just that... Install the table..
The installer will use shims right where the screws go in- on that block of wood I spoke of--- that's like walking out on the end of a diving board...all of that weight of a 9 foot slate 640lbs will be bearing most if not all of the weight on that diving board that's held in place with a few wood screws...

That table will take some modifying to get it sturdy enough to carry the load without failure of the structural support.

Rob.M

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe the best "home style" table ever made by Brunswick. I had one and really liked it. Solidly built and played great. Designed to look like a modern version of the Anniversary. Not a bad table to copy if you had to pick one. I changed it out for a Diamond.
Thanks Jay, much appreciated.

I am very excited to try it out!! I love the retro look and have always been a fan of the anniversary tables. Although I think I am almost as excited about the set of centennials that it comes with.

Rob - point taken and I will make sure the installers put shims on the frame base and not on the "wings".

ROB.M

Silver Member
Thanks Jay, much appreciated.

I am very excited to try it out!! I love the retro look and have always been a fan of the anniversary tables. Although I think I am almost as excited about the set of centennials that it comes with.

Rob - point taken and I will make sure the installers put shims on the frame base and not on the "wings".

-

You are going to create more problems, you want the shim as close to the anchor screw as possible to prevent even bigger issue doing what your thinking of...
The frame will require modification to avoid issues..and that... Any run of the mill installer is going to butcher it up or leave for tools and never come back..

Rob.M

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You guys don't understand how a basic installer would install that table.
With the age of that table it's going to sag.
A basic installer is there to do just that... Install the table..
The installer will use shims right where the screws go in- on that block of wood I spoke of--- that's like walking out on the end of a diving board...all of that weight of a 9 foot slate 640lbs will be bearing most if not all of the weight on that diving board that's held in place with a few wood screws...

That table will take some modifying to get it sturdy enough to carry the load without failure of the structural support.

Rob.M

Ernesto is not a "basic installer!"

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Anyone know if those wood corners would fit an anniversary...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know for sure but they are two completely different tables. The Gibson was just designed in the Anniversary style.

Are you going to do an Anniversary project?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, how far do those pockets stick up? Looks like a bunch.