Guys
i havent read all the posts
sorry
diamond rails react farther off the billiard systems than gold crowns
jmho
billiard systems should be the gold (sic) standard
jmho
icbw
Then you need to make all pool tables have the same cushions, same cloth, same environment, same rail design....or, just learn to adjust like the Pro's do!!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He couldn't afford a different table, is that what you're telling me?
And I bet he adjusts his game, instead of whining about the difference, what do you think Joey????
That's what he said . Good thing that is settled.
Diamonds bank short, GC's bank long .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It was ok for you to complain and change the diamond table from red to blue, right god?
I never complained, I just redesigned them....something COCO don't seem to be aware of, like Designing them in the first place back in 2000 with Diamond. But that's OK, I have another change coming guaranteed to shut up up about Diamond tables, what ever will you whin about then!!!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You put Super Speed on Diamond Red Label, you get a better banking table .
They did that at Paradise Billiards in Lantana. That table plays real good. Scott Frost and Tony had a big match there. I’ve played on that table a few times and didn’t feel like it played any different than a blue label.

Reactions: bbb

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
"To my way of thinking, what any player in any sport seeks is consistency -- "

Not many sports where you can rely on consistent playing fields.

Football, grass or artificial turf.
Tennis, grass clay, hard surface.
Hockey, constant temp changes.
Golf, forgetaboutit!
Even basketball where nearly all courts are maple, different subfloor material create variances in cushion and rebound.

What any player in any sport seeks is the ability to adapt.
Pool is no different.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The room I play in has both GC and Diamonds.
I always play on the Diamonds.
It's rare but when a Diamond is not available I have to play on a GC.
To me the GC is a slop bucket compared to the Diamond and I'm only talking about the tables at the room I go to.
The Diamond makes you hit a ball clean down the rail a GC lets you get a bit sloppy.
And the Diamond is a much better looking table.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
They did that at Paradise Billiards in Lantana. That table plays real good. Scott Frost and Tony had a big match there. I’ve played on that table a few times and didn’t feel like it played any different than a blue label.
Scott and Tony playing on the table was not a coincidence .
If it does not play differently than a Blue Label, then spending all the money to convert them to the Blue Label would have been a waste. Keep it as is and just install Super Speed cushions . But, that's not really possible . Super Speed cushions bank differently than Artemis cushions . More apparent when the cloth gets old .

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott and Tony playing on the table was not a coincidence .
If it does not play differently than a Blue Label, then spending all the money to convert them to the Blue Label would have been a waste. Keep it as is and just install Super Speed cushions . But, that's not really possible . Super Speed cushions bank differently than Artemis cushions . More apparent when the cloth gets old .
Reds can be converted to Blue specs without changing the top. I remember playing at Bank Shots red labels thinking that they bank good like a blue label, not sure if they were converted though. Red Labels seem to be very inconsistent from table to table.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Reds can be converted to Blue specs without changing the top. I remember playing at Bank Shots red labels thinking that they bank good like a blue label, not sure if they were converted though. Red Labels seem to be very inconsistent from table to table.
Yes, but the subrail face angle have to be routed or milled .
Red Labels are old . The first generation had Super Speed cushions. but, Brunswick had a ton of problems with those cushions after they contracted them overseas . Then they went with Championship. Those bank really short . Then they went with Artemis . Then the blue label specs.

If those Red Labels keep getting a bad rep, they might end up as really good deals in the used market because people don't know, you just need to replace the cushions with Super Speed and you have a pretty good table .