Can our sport ride the green wave ???

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Medical Marijuana is popping up all over.

Just a matter of time imo before it is a nationwide thing.

How can promoters get together with this new industry ?

The benefits and uses are very many.

It will be around for a long time !

Could be billiards best shot.

Your thoughts.
 
Marijuana legal in Amsterdam and also other parts of the Netheralands. Pool is very popular, more so than in the USA. Zero promotions or tie ins between the two, that I ever saw. Other than the "smoking room" has a broader meaning.
I don't see it happening.
 
Marijuana legal in Amsterdam and also other parts of the Netheralands. Pool is very popular, more so than in the USA. Zero promotions or tie ins between the two, that I ever saw. Other than the "smoking room" has a broader meaning.
I don't see it happening.

Did anything ever happen that was a big surprise ?

I think so.

Also I think something surprising has a chance to be very big imo.
 
Firstly I have to say that I am not anti Marijuana. I don't smoke myself, and I never have, apart from the mandatory University/College try. However, I don't think it is right that it is forbidden, and it should be a decision left to the individual whether he smokes or not.

That being said, I don't like the idea one bit. The last thing pool needs is another sponsor from the "grey" area of human life. First Cigarettes and alcohol, then gambling and now pot? I don't like where that trend arrow is pointing. Are you seriously going to send your children to the "Ganja world open", proud sponsor of the Ganja pool youth program?

Good luck opening a pool hall in a small town after that. I have to tell you that when I visited the US i stopped by a couple of pool halls, and by what I saw, the last thing needed is more drugs, "legal" or not.

Everyone involved with pool at this moment is 1000 years old. Look in the stands at the US open, it's like night of the living dead out there. I don't think pool needs more black eyes, it needs a fresh start and a breath of fresh air, not a puff of white smoke that might disappear at any moment. Youth programs, college teams etc, those are good ideas., "shady" sponsors, not so much.

I believe the vast majority of players and fans are old and even older.
I haven't seen any children at all on all the streams I have watched.

Plus marijuana has great health qualities. Not just for smoking you know.
The best is yet to come, like curing cancer !
 
Medical Marijuana is popping up all over.

Just a matter of time imo before it is a nationwide thing.

How can promoters get together with this new industry ?

The benefits and uses are very many.

It will be around for a long time !

Could be billiards best shot.

Your thoughts.

Couldn't not hurt for promoter to look into it. Like you said, most states will have legal soon. Johnnyt
 
Just think IF all the big shot doctors come to find out it actually does cure cancer.

Then IF they all want on board and pool is already there it could be a very good thing for the sport.

Like so many are saying, it does cure cancer. Here is just one of many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPTXq6dZHg

want to see more search Rick Simpson Oil.
 
I know that here in Oregon a few Weed dispensary's have pool tables and they get great business just having a pool table in their dispensary. I think having smoke bars combined with pool halls would do amazing here at least. I know a lot of people who would pretty much live in a place like that if it currently existed. I think mixing the two is a great idea but at the same time could also hurt the world of pool also do to the negativity that weed gets and all the propaganda revolving around it. Just look at all the crazy news stories you hear coming out of Denver due to weed be legal there.
 
I don't see it happening. Too many anus *****s in the world. I could see a big use for hemp though. If you remember history, hemp helped win WW2. It was used in boot laces, military clothing, rope, parachute cords, and a thousand other uses. How about a hemp wrap on yout cue instead of irish linen? Might even be an improvement! Who knows until it is tried.
 
.....I don't like the idea one bit. The last thing pool needs is another sponsor from the "grey" area of human life. First Cigarettes and alcohol, then gambling and now pot? I don't like where that trend arrow is pointing. Are you seriously going to send your children to the "Ganja world open", proud sponsor of the Ganja pool youth program?

Good luck opening a pool hall in a small town after that. I have to tell you that when I visited the US i stopped by a couple of pool halls, and by what I saw, the last thing needed is more drugs, "legal" or not......
.

Don't worry, Straightpool_99.
The younger generation of pool players won't have it.
They want clean air in their pool rooms.
Why the hell would they want to REintroduce the wafting of smoke in the pool halls? Ridiculous.

And those who "think it's a good idea;" they need to start taking care of themselves.
I told you all in other posts, the culture of pool is changing.
There is no longer a place for "smoking" at or around the pool table.
Have a good day.
 
I hope this doesn't happen, not the direction pool needs to go at all. And like boogeyman posted, last thing I want is smoke reintroduced to the pool hall, I'd stop going.

I'm all for legalization though, have zero problem with people smoking pot at their home, can't have more of a negative impact on society than alcohol and we allow that.
 
I know that here in Oregon a few Weed dispensary's have pool tables and they get great business just having a pool table in their dispensary. I think having smoke bars combined with pool halls would do amazing here at least. I know a lot of people who would pretty much live in a place like that if it currently existed. I think mixing the two is a great idea but at the same time could also hurt the world of pool also do to the negativity that weed gets and all the propaganda revolving around it. Just look at all the crazy news stories you hear coming out of Denver due to weed be legal there.

On the contrary I seen this very positive post on facebook.
All good in Colorado they say !

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemo...6937065399354/637555409670850/?type=1&theater
 
Don't worry, Straightpool_99.
The younger generation of pool players won't have it.
They want clean air in their pool rooms.
Why the hell would they want to REintroduce the wafting of smoke in the pool halls? Ridiculous.

And those who "think it's a good idea;" they need to start taking care of themselves.
I told you all in other posts, the culture of pool is changing.
There is no longer a place for "smoking" at or around the pool table.
Have a good day.

I believe it is NOT a public thing in legal states.
Don't bring it in the pool hall yet guys !
 
I believe it is NOT a public thing in legal states.
Don't bring it in the pool hall yet guys !

Cops in NYC use the "public display" clause in the current law to bust minorities after forcing them to empty their pockets in plain view. I read that an estimated 400,000 misdemeanor offenses have been "committed" this way since Bloomberg took office, the overwhelming majority of those arrested being either black, Hispanic, or asian. The cost to the public (an estimated 1 million man hours of police work, plus staggering court-related charges) is enormous.

OK, I'll climb off my soapbox now. Carry on... but light up first.:cool:
 
Cops in NYC use the "public display" clause in the current law to bust minorities after forcing them to empty their pockets in plain view. I read that an estimated 400,000 misdemeanor offenses have been "committed" this way since Bloomberg took office, the overwhelming majority of those arrested being either black, Hispanic, or asian. The cost to the public (an estimated 1 million man hours of police work, plus staggering court-related charges) is enormous.

OK, I'll climb off my soapbox now. Carry on... but light up first.:cool:

Yep that's why they need to get on board.
Colorado is raking in the money and paying big taxes too !
It's Babe the Blue Ox of cash cows.
Colorado is on the other side of the economic factor fence !

Heck I hardly smoke it at all anymore.
I want to try the OIL sir !
 
Yep that's why they need to get on board.
Colorado is raking in the money and paying big taxes too !
It's Babe the Blue Ox of cash cows.
Colorado is on the other side of the economic factor fence !

Heck I hardly smoke it at all anymore.
I want to try the OIL sir !

To be on topic I just wonder if there is room for cuesports to have a win win relationship somehow in the green world !

Lol, pipe dream indeed !
 
Back
Top