Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the same 10k where you get backed for the 8k and get the other 2k from your wife?

Jesus H Christ --- haven't been here forever and the moment I pop in .... nothing but retard-talk. You seem to strut around like a peacock to people who aren't real players...but if someone could play-play, you wouldn't bet you're alive. Just to clarify: If I played your speed and Barton lipped off, I'd withdraw $20k from my 401k if I didn't have the cash and wouldn't let anyone in on my "get" and would cover the rail as well. AND...I wouldn't ask my wife for permission because it's just what it is.

I took a piece of John's action not because I thought he was the favorite (no one thought he was the favorite). I took a piece of his action just for the micro-chance...a "glitch in the matrix" kind of thing, where if he beat you, I'd get to laugh about it for decades... it was worth the donation just for that chance LOL. Why don't you put up 10k and play Tyler or someone like that? Or is it only big-fish-eats-tiny-fish logic in your world? Otherwise, it's just "which non-player plays the best of all the non-players." Lou... The Highest-Betting King Kong of All the Non-Players

Actually, there were several polls here at the time showing JB to be the favorite.

And I see you and Larry are pretty much the same kind of bottom feeder -- just trying to get others to match up while your weak nuts sit on the rail, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been long time since I ventured into this place.
However, since I now have, (in my formerly nicotine stained hands), Stan's master encyclopedia of how to properly aim and stroke pool balls to improve one's game, I thought I might find something different in here.
But, nope...here's the same old negative "know nothings" blasting something they know practically nothing about. Just as they have for years.
White, Johnson, Figueroa, and a few new ones. Still ranting and raving about something of which they know VERY LITTLE.
And then comes Figueroa, one of the most bitter and mean spirited people I've ever had the sorry displeasure to read, suggesting that Stan's book might "be a mockup on a piece of wood". How disgusting of you, Figueora. How disgusting,
To those who have open minds, this is a MASSIVE publication, put together with the quality of what we used to refer to as "coffee table books". Superior quality in materials, hundreds of actual photos, drawings, and a TOTAL EXPLANATION of how CTE REALLY works. You will understand completely that pool is first a VISUAL GAME and not a physical game. Once you KNOW how to use your eyes correctly, you can have a somewhat wonky stroke and still execute satisfactorily to a great degree. HOWEVER, A GOOD STROKE JUST MAKES IT ALL THE BETTER.
Stan spends a lot of time in this book on stroke structure and the various methods of stroking to accomplish desired objectives. This is a publication of epic proportions and will be used for years as a TEXT at the table for deep, intelligent, study of the game.
As for a "block of wood"...the only one I can think of in this place is the block of wood that rests on Figueroa's neck.

I asked it if was a hardcover.

For the price, it should be, IMO. But no one has spoken up, so you have to wonder. Then I facetiously alluded to the mockup in Stan's promo material which clearly shows a hardcover indent along the left side but is actually only the cover with what looks to be a piece of wood underneath.

Here, from Stan's own web site.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• DSC_9228.jpg
    DSC_9228.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 81

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Actually, there were several polls here at the time showing JB to be the favorite.

And I see you and Larry are pretty much the same kind of bottom feeder -- just trying to get others to match up while your weak nuts sit on the rail, lol.

Lou Figueroa
That match had zero to do with CTE aiming. It had everything to do with you being a more experienced one-pocket player. John was out of his element, but was still willing to give it a go. You clearly out-moved him. I'd like to see a rematch with 9-ball or 10-ball, that would be a much better measure of shot performance.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe what you want. If you like to gamble I have 10,000 to bet on Stan Shuffett against ANY other player alive who wants to burn your money. The proof is on the table.

Also locating the balls is SUPER EASY. They are on the table. Line of centers DOES NOT locate the shot line except on a straight in shot.
We were arguing the validity of Coronal Tangent Execution not Mr. Shuffett's playing which is line of centers based. You don't AIM center to center. That's just how the balls are oriented and probably how your brain visualizes a bunch of spheres.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The reason for your frustration is that CTE is presented as more of a faith based pursuit than a fact based one. When inconsistencies and even flat out errors are made by Stan some of us ask for a clarification. After all, this is a discussion forum. I watched Stan's first 8 videos and had some questions and comments. I posted them here politely to mohrt and he politely gave me non-answers. Most of the time our questions are met with insults so I appreciate at least the tone of mohrt's replies.

I've learned that people involved in faith based pursuits are not persuaded by facts. They are threatened by them. My comments are mostly geared toward new people who want to understand more about CTE. They have not yet been seduced by the promise of a short cut to excellence and are still able to weigh both sides of the issue. If you don't like opposing viewpoints then you might consider sticking to Stan's private facebook page
I am not frustrated with CTE at all, in fact its quite the opposite, Im disappointed I didnt work hard with it right away so I could have put it to use sooner. To me CTE is the same as all other aiming "systems" whether its ferrule aiming, ghost ball, contact point, etc., its about perception. Because we are all individuals I would imagine that not everyone perceives all "shot pictures" the same, maybe thats why CTE works for some while ferrule aiming, ghost ball, and contact point aiming work for others. Heck, its hard to get 2 people to agree on colors sometimes. All I really know is that CTE did not magically work from the first ball I shot with it, I had to practice using it for quite some time before my confidence grew and to me thats the most important part, confidence. Before CTE for example I would shy away from long shots where the object ball and cue ball were around 1 diamond away from the right side long rail and I had to slightly back cut the object ball to the other end of the table in the left hand corner. I had one of those shots last night, (opposite sides though, I had to cut right instead of left) I got left in that position by my opponent playing safe, it was the only ball I could hit without kicking, I shot it and it dropped right in the center of the pocket, before CTE I would guess I would only make that shot 20%-30% of the time. I have not gotten CTE to work on every shot yet, I know there are different aim points and pivots but it works on probably 95% of the shots Im usually facing. I dont need to know how or why it works (or doesnt work) if Im making balls I like it.

JC

Coos Cues
That match had zero to do with CTE aiming. It had everything to do with you being a more experienced one-pocket player. John was out of his element, but was still willing to give it a go. You clearly out-moved him. I'd like to see a rematch with 9-ball or 10-ball, that would be a much better measure of shot performance.
It also had a lot to do with John's fundamentals that are holding him back from being a better player. Tor Lowry would be quite appropriate for him. Can't aim center to anything if you can't deliver the cue ball where you think you are going to.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not frustrated with CTE at all, in fact its quite the opposite, Im disappointed I didnt work hard with it right away so I could have put it to use sooner. To me CTE is the same as all other aiming "systems" whether its ferrule aiming, ghost ball, contact point, etc., its about perception. Because we are all individuals I would imagine that not everyone perceives all "shot pictures" the same, maybe thats why CTE works for some while ferrule aiming, ghost ball, and contact point aiming work for others. Heck, its hard to get 2 people to agree on colors sometimes. All I really know is that CTE did not magically work from the first ball I shot with it, I had to practice using it for quite some time before my confidence grew and to me thats the most important part, confidence. Before CTE for example I would shy away from long shots where the object ball and cue ball were around 1 diamond away from the right side long rail and I had to slightly back cut the object ball to the other end of the table in the left hand corner. I had one of those shots last night, (opposite sides though, I had to cut right instead of left) I got left in that position by my opponent playing safe, it was the only ball I could hit without kicking, I shot it and it dropped right in the center of the pocket, before CTE I would guess I would only make that shot 20%-30% of the time. I have not gotten CTE to work on every shot yet, I know there are different aim points and pivots but it works on probably 95% of the shots Im usually facing. I dont need to know how or why it works (or doesnt work) if Im making balls I like it.
I didn't say you were frustrated with CTE. I meant you were frustrated with the arguing about CTE. The rest of what you wrote is perfectly reasonable and I agree with it with one qualification. You are in the camp that it doesn't matter how it works as long as it works. You could take a placebo from a guy telling you it is the cure for gout and if your gout goes away you think he's a great guy whereas others like myself are interested in the claims being made and whether they hold up to scrutiny/reality. You don't need to learn CTE in order to get good at back cuts. Hit 15 back cuts a day for two weeks and I guarantee you will become an expert at back cuts.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think you are vastly underrating fundamentals and mechanics . Rematch ? He was already on a verge of a nervous breakdown after losing tens of thousands in one other match . In his match with Lou, a CTE teacher who was doing the commentary said he did not believe he was using CTE AT ALL.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I didn't say you were frustrated with CTE. I meant you were frustrated with the arguing about CTE. The rest of what you wrote is perfectly reasonable and I agree with it with one qualification. You are in the camp that it doesn't matter how it works as long as it works. You could take a placebo from a guy telling you it is the cure for gout and if your gout goes away you think he's a great guy whereas others like myself are interested in the claims being made and whether they hold up to scrutiny/reality. You don't need to learn CTE in order to get good at back cuts. Hit 15 back cuts a day for two weeks and I guarantee you will become an expert at back cuts.

Thats what I thought was a little strange, I thought I was pretty good at back cuts before CTE, I was wrong. Its also not just back cuts, its most shots that I have improved at, substantially. I took my CTE lesson with Tyler before he was a pro, whatever that means in pool, I know he still uses CTE and I have seen him in competition. If CTE is good enough for him its good enough for me without the need to study for a thesis on it, I will stick to trying to improve my game. Plus I really dont have the time to study why CTE may or may not be "totally objective"

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No one put a gun to John's head to play 1pocket.

And from all accounts he felt completely comfortable playing that game. In addition, I would say that most 1pocket players know that you need the full complement of shot making skills to play the game well.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are vastly underrating fundamentals and mechanics . Rematch ? He was already on a verge of a nervous breakdown after losing tens of thousands in one other match . In his match with Lou, a CTE teacher who was doing the commentary said he did not believe he was using CTE AT ALL.

No one is really using CTE, whatever they claim or think.

BTW, I think its great how all of a sudden all the "Children of the Night" have come out to play again. Stan must have done one hell of a Bella Lugosi impression, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It also had a lot to do with John's fundamentals that are holding him back from being a better player. Tor Lowry would be quite appropriate for him. Can't aim center to anything if you can't deliver the cue ball where you think you are going to.
This. Plus as things went I decided BEFORE the match to do a cross country sales tour instead of spending time training and getting my fundamentals squared away. AND - even when I did have the time to practice I instead spent it on AZB responding to the bait tossed out by Lou's "group". I later found out just how coordinated they were in doing that. In other words I did everything in the most SUCKER way possible to prepare for a big match. Still wasn't totally unhappy about the performance. I was MORE UNHAPPY that I was a TERRIBLE example of CTE in use on an important stage.

It would have been worth remembering that being a cheerleader for a great aiming system doesn't make one into a decent player by osmosis. At the end of the day though I am on the right side still. The marketing I got out of that match, in the five months leading up to it and for about a month after was worth so much more to me than the money I spent on the match. The logo impressions were in the hundreds of thousands and everywhere I went people wanted to talk to me about the match. So for me the only better result would have been to win but I didn't really give myself the best chance to perform better under pressure. Countless people stepped up to help me though and the things I learned about how detested my opponent is were sadly enlightening and not unexpected.

At the end of it all I am still the same person and am happy that I stepped up with ZERO deception. The other side......let's just say it took a group to take me down and to me that says they had some fear that I might show up able to play a little. What else I know for a fact is that in the total games played between myself and Lou the score stands at 11-10.

And I know FOR A FACT that when I offered to play for 30k they didn't show up. Dave Segal put it best, if they thought they they had the nuts then they should have begged and borrowed to lock up that offer.

Stan Shuffett is about the same speed as Lou in balls run in 14.1. Yet Lou WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER even consider stepping up to play Stan in ANY GAME for anything serious. Lou yips and yaps and embellishes but NEVER steps up to face any actual heat. Twice now I have shaken this man's hand with an agreement to be peaceful from that point and twice he has broken his word completely. As far as I am concerned the pool world will be far better off when he is no longer in it. People like Stan grow pool. People like Lou kill it.

JC

Coos Cues
This. Plus as things went I decided BEFORE the match to do a cross country sales tour instead of spending time training and getting my fundamentals squared away. AND - even when I did have the time to practice I instead spent it on AZB responding to the bait tossed out by Lou's "group". I later found out just how coordinated they were in doing that. In other words I did everything in the most SUCKER way possible to prepare for a big match. Still wasn't totally unhappy about the performance. I was MORE UNHAPPY that I was a TERRIBLE example of CTE in use on an important stage.

It would have been worth remembering that being a cheerleader for a great aiming system doesn't make one into a decent player by osmosis. At the end of the day though I am on the right side still. The marketing I got out of that match, in the five months leading up to it and for about a month after was worth so much more to me than the money I spent on the match. The logo impressions were in the hundreds of thousands and everywhere I went people wanted to talk to me about the match. So for me the only better result would have been to win but I didn't really give myself the best chance to perform better under pressure. Countless people stepped up to help me though and the things I learned about how detested my opponent is were sadly enlightening and not unexpected.

At the end of it all I am still the same person and am happy that I stepped up with ZERO deception. The other side......let's just say it took a group to take me down and to me that says they had some fear that I might show up able to play a little. What else I know for a fact is that in the total games played between myself and Lou the score stands at 11-10.

And I know FOR A FACT that when I offered to play for 30k they didn't show up. Dave Segal put it best, if they thought they they had the nuts then they should have begged and borrowed to lock up that offer.

Stan Shuffett is about the same speed as Lou in balls run in 14.1. Yet Lou WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER even consider stepping up to play Stan in ANY GAME for anything serious. Lou yips and yaps and embellishes but NEVER steps up to face any actual heat. Twice now I have shaken this man's hand with an agreement to be peaceful from that point and twice he has broken his word completely. As far as I am concerned the pool world will be far better off when he is no longer in it. People like Stan grow pool. People like Lou kill it.
On an unrelated note I sent an E mail to your business site a while back inquiring about a case and got nada back for my efforts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No one is really using CTE, whatever they claim or think.

BTW, I think its great how all of a sudden all the "Children of the Night" have come out to play again. Stan must have done one hell of a Bella Lugosi impression, lol.

Lou Figueroa
Yes they are. Just because you are not smart enough to figure it out doesn't mean other people haven't figured it out.

The sad part is that if you were intelligent enough to learn it you might have been able to get to 150-200 balls. You definitely have put in the table time so the only explanation for you not getting better is that you have gotten into the "know everything" zone where you make a zillion excuses for not being able to improve despite hours a day of practice. Basically the human version of the old dog not being able to learn new tricks. It's sad really because you had potential. Must really suck to see Stan still playing and posting higher results than you even though he is older. When Stan puts in hours a day on the table he does it for all of us first and himself second. He represents continuous improvement and you only have continuous embellishment.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
On an unrelated note I sent an E mail to your business site a while back inquiring about a case and got nada back for my efforts.
That happens. We get tons of inquiries and miss some. It's like a river of information and if none of us reach out and grab the email then it floats on by and the next ten stack up. Very sorry about that.

Reactions: JC

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You really go out of your way to be nauseous. Truly you are a vile human in my opinion.

I was NOT on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I was however upset with myself for doing something that was not intended and was the culimination of MANY factors. As I always do I wear my heart on my sleeve and interact with the public with openness about my feelings about events.

I used CTE in the match with Lou. But as has been said thousands of times CTE is an AIMING TOOL not a magic wand that transforms a player into a champion. It doesn't fix bad fundamentals or psychological defects. It is a tool that can used well, adequately, or even inconsistently.

I offered a rematch dozens of times. For more money. When I saw that they weren't going to play (as nits do) and only wanted to milk the one win for the rest of their lives I made a choice to not keep offering. So now there is pretty much nothing they can say to get me to play again.

I didn't intend to get my nose open playing Austin. That was actually pretty far out of character and had MANY factors as I said. That said it was another experience in life and one which I came though a better person on the other side of it.

No one on this planet will be talking about the things JoeyinCali or Lou have done in their lives but I know that people talk about what I have done in mine and what I do for people every day. And thanks to Hal Houle and Stan Shuffett and many others the sport has been elevated with a knowledge base on aiming that is unequaled in my opinion. Both of these men went farther than they ever needed to to help players all over the world. Neither of them EVER said that fundamentals are not important or that CTE would replace the need to have solid technique. They said the exact opposite in fact and said that CTE would be hard to use effectively without good fundamentals. And this ought to be obvious to you and your gang of knockers because all methods of aim - INCLUDING using ghost ball templates and drawn shot lines - are not going to result in consistent pocketing if the shooter's delivery is compromised by bad technique.

But you have consistently thrown up this red herring. You like to point to ME and say look see it's all about fundamentals while CONVENIENTLY ignoring the players like Mohrt, CookieMan, Gerry Williams, Dave Segal, Bob Nunley, and countless others who DO HAVE good fundamentals and who HAVE demonstrated proficiency and improvement after learning and mastering CTE. Imagine if you and the knockers had put your energy into learning along with us. That's what makes me sad. 20 years later you're still knocking but the door was open and so was the invitation.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There are hundreds of player who would rob Stan blind and never heard of his aiming system. Better hope they don't get wind of your foolish claim.
Show them what I wrote. Bring them and cash. I know exactly what I said. 2:1 on the money if you get Lou to be the player. This is NOT hyperbole.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
JB - you sure you want to make that bet? I could probably scare up a dozen top pro players who would take that bet. It is enough money to get some attention.
I did not stutter. Many of the pros you might think to bring have already been to Stan's for instruction..... he doesn't publicize that.

$10,000 cash.