colors

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

'nutter ol' fart here. Next month I'll celebrate 61 years behind a cue. The colors were fine until
a few years ago when "the powers that be" decided to change them for tv. Folks wonder why I
I tend to get a bit upset when folks say change is gooud.

Yellow, Blue, Red, Pink, ORANGE, Green, Muddy maroon, Black, Stripes inna same order with
WHITE sides.

hank

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Original wood shafts on my cues & I play with Centennial pool balls as much as possible.
That’s why I own 3 sets. The Centennial colors are the best & the look is absolutely classic.

Masters chalk works fine; I did buy carton of BD chalk 7-8 yrs ago. I’ll never have to buy any
chalk again. Prefer ivory ferrules because it resists chalk discoloration & the sound is unique.

Used to play with a cue weighing 20.4 ozs. Now I just play with cues weighing 2 ounces lighter.
The more one becomes educated about cues, the easier transitioning to a different cue becomes.

Technological improvements are changing pool. Look at how long Willie’s record stood and look
at many players have now exceeded it in the last few years. Well, it doesn’t just happen that way.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, personally I prefer lighter colored balls, use a glove and have a cf shaft that I really like. I have gone back to using Blue Diamond chalk which IMO is better than Masters. Maybe I haven't played steadily since the 60's but now I do play daily.
Pool is not an easy game and as you get older other factors tend to make it more difficult. If there is some piece of equipment that helps you play better why wouldn't you use it?

TrxR

I've never really cared for the green. I like the blue , hated the red table I played on and would like to try the shark grey.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Technological improvements are changing pool. Look at how long Willie’s record stood and look
at many players have now exceeded it in the last few years. Well, it doesn’t just happen that way.
Not to side track the thread but the one and only reason that record stood so long is because nobody plays straight pool and nobody cared about that record and therefore nobody made any real effort to beat it. Finally one guy (not even an upper tier pro) decided he cared and broke it within a few months of serious effort. Then along came a top player who took only a few days to beat it.

Dozens of players today (even some players from other completely unrelated cue sports like snooker etc) could break Mosconi's old record within a few months if they cared enough or were otherwise sufficiently motivated to give it a serious effort, and there were players all along the way between then and now that could have beat it too although never as many as there are today. While it is a fantastic accomplishment worthy of serious praise, people way over estimated how difficult Mosconi's record was to beat, and way under estimated that today's best players are better than Mosconi and the extent to which that is true.