Could Joe Rogan help with pool?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget we need to take down all the statues and landmarks that are a hundred or more years old because they recognize someone who is no longer in favor. And heaven forbid a team nickname somehow becomes defamatory after 75 years!

I'm sorry I just don't get it. Why all the outrage after all these years? Do we need to fight the Civil War again? Or has it already begun?
It's a shame the Klu Klux Klan isn't as popular anymore so that those statues could remain standing.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget we need to take down all the statues and landmarks that are a hundred or more years old because they recognize someone who is no longer in favor. And heaven forbid a team nickname somehow becomes defamatory after 75 years!

I'm sorry I just don't get it. Why all the outrage after all these years? Do we need to fight the Civil War again? Or has it already begun?

Wokeness :rolleyes: It's getting really tiring...

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a shame the Klu Klux Klan isn't as popular anymore so that those statues could remain standing.
You really don't get it. You can't change history. Those who don't remember (and learn) from history are condemned to repeat it. Jay is very right about his question Why all the outrage after all of these years? Because it is being generated to cause division. Certain people want to benefit from a divided and therefore weakened America. And I acknowledge that all of these posts on race that have been going on in this thread don't belong here.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
He wasn’t canceled or fired nor was his job threatened.
You have no basis for saying he wasn't threatened and he very well may have been. With the way liberals are trying to use coercion and every other manner of force to shut down free speech they don't like these days it certainly wouldn't be out of character, and statistically speaking it may even likely have occurred.
You’re upset that that the N word was removed with Joe’s approval.
Quite the opposite actually. Its a word I've never personally used and if it never got used by anyone else ever again it would be great with me. There are in fact perfectly reasonable and benign uses for it though (academic being one example) that of course would not contain any ill intent, many examples of which Joe laid out in his apology video. The context and intent of the usage is largely what makes a word or statement appropriate or not, and the skin color of the person doing the speaking is immaterial.

What I am upset with is the racism involved here. By all accounts Joe is being treated differently because of his skin color. There is one set of rules for him because of his skin color, and another set of rules for somebody else because of their skin color. Treating people differently because of their color is by definition racism. Discriminating based on skin color is by definition racism. Having double standards based on skin color is by definition racism. Doing any of these things or supporting any of them makes one a racist by definition.

You are one of those people who has repeatedly and proudly proclaimed that you fully support treating people differently based on race and skin color (among other things), and fully support discriminating against people based on race, and fully support having double standards and differing rules based on race. You are a racist by definition, and you get angry when somebody speaks out against or is a threat to your racism. You are upset that I am trying to eliminate racism, racism in this case that you are staunchly in favor of. Too bad, I hate all racism, and your brand of racism isn't any more special of better than the KKK's or anybody else's.
Some of you don’t have a clear understanding of what censorship really is.
You don't have a clear understanding of what censorship is. First, whether something is censorship or not does not rely on legality. If you are trying to prevent another from being able to use their freedom of speech to present their belief, position, or point of view, it is censorship, plain and simple. Censorship is a manner of forced control that has been core to the takeover and rule of every fascist, dictator, or violent ideology in the history of humanity. Widespread censorship always without exception ultimately leads to somewhere very dark and ugly if it isn't stopped in time.

Unfortunately, in the same way that racists always have excuses for their racism that they feel justifies it, fascists in favor of political censorship always have excuses that they feel justifies censoring the free speech of the opposition.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Look at the number of people pissed off because a private business removed the N word from podcasts.

Wanna know why pools dead? There’s your answer. No ones interested in banging balls with angry boomers who feel they’re the victims of racism.
Look at the number of people pissed off because they are getting called out on their racism, you being a prime example.

Of the people who have a problem with what is happening to Joe, essentially all of them would be quite happy if the N word got removed everywhere, including any and all future usage. The problem they have is with racists who feel it is ok to have double standards based on skin colors, or that it is ok to discriminate against people based on skin colors, or that it is ok to treat people differently just because of the color of their skin. They are against the double standards and discriminatory racism that is involved in Joe's situation. In short, they are against racism.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
This place more than ever has become a safe haven for racism, homophobia, bigotry and intolerance.
Agreed. People like you literally and proudly push for and support treating people differently solely based on their race or skin color, and for discriminating against people solely based on their skin color, and for having double standards and differing rules for people solely based on their race and skin color, and somehow, as explicit as your racism is, it still gets accepted because unfortunately there are lots of others just like you out there.

It would never be accepted by anyone if you were doing it against one of the favored races though, but as long as it is against that hated race where it is currently accepted and en vogue to persecute and be racist against them, then that makes it perfectly fine in the eyes of a large segment of society. It's no different than any other time in history, only the races change around.

The root problem here is as simple as that there are a whole bunch of people these days who feel that their brand of racism coupled with the race they happen to hate makes their brand of racism ok and excusable and justifiable in their eyes, you know, the same way every other racist in history believed.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Well, this thread has predictably devolved into the answer to my question - do Rogan's current issues "shade" his value as a pool influencer?

pj
chgo

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Well, this thread has predictably devolved into the answer to my question - do Rogan's current issues "shade" his value as a pool influencer?

pj
chgo
The answer is yes, his influencer value has gone down, but only by a bit. Pre and post this persecution Joe still has more influence than most though. Off the top of my head about the only person I can think of who might have more influence would be if Obama were to start publicly promoting pool, and his influence would likely dwarf Joe's because his supporters tend to just fully and blindly support no matter what. Literally half the population would start sacrificing and eating babies if Obama said it was a good thing that should be the new trend so there is little doubt about what he could do for pool.

Joe is still probably the next best shot for pool though from an influencer perspective that I can think of, but he has no reason to mention it much, much less promote it. If he were playing more it would naturally come up more like his hunting does, but we can't control what interests him or where he spends his time and pool isn't currently near the top of his list.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at the number of people pissed off because they are getting called out on their racism, you being a prime example.

Of the people who have a problem with what is happening to Joe, essentially all of them would be quite happy if the N word got removed everywhere, including any and all future usage. The problem they have is with racists who feel it is ok to have double standards based on skin colors, or that it is ok to discriminate against people based on skin colors, or that it is ok to treat people differently just because of the color of their skin. They are against the double standards and discriminatory racism that is involved in Joe's situation. In short, they are against racism.
I don’t advocate for cancel culture. Never have. You don’t know how to argue with someone who has a slightly different opinion than yours but simply doesn’t like you. You pigeon hole them as being someone who has the polar opposite opinion of yours.

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Su
Agreed. People like you literally and proudly push for and support treating people differently solely based on their race or skin color, and for discriminating against people solely based on their skin color, and for having double standards and differing rules for people solely based on their race and skin color, and somehow, as explicit as your racism is, it still gets accepted because unfortunately there are lots of others just like you out there.

It would never be accepted by anyone if you were doing it against one of the favored races though, but as long as it is against that hated race where it is currently accepted and en vogue to persecute and be racist against them, then that makes it perfectly fine in the eyes of a large segment of society. It's no different than any other time in history, only the races change around.

The root problem here is as simple as that there are a whole bunch of people these days who feel that their brand of racism coupled with the race they happen to hate makes their brand of racism ok and excusable and justifiable in their eyes, you know, the same way every other racist in history believed.
Just a desperate attempt to get a rise. What a weak post.

Word soup.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I don’t advocate for cancel culture.
I'm pretty sure I recall you supporting forms of cancel culture before (and much censorship is a form), possibly even in this same thread. In any case you have been in this thread openly supporting and advocating for racism, which is mostly what I've addressed with you. Like every other racist in history you've justified your brand of racism in your own mind. I don't find any racism acceptable and will continue to oppose it. You find that to be a threat to your racism, and because you value your principles of racism so highly, any threat to your ability to be racist really angers you. And here we are, the anti-racist being mad at the racist for being racist, and the racist being mad at the anti-racist for being anti-racist and not allowing him to get away with his racism unchecked.
You don’t know how to argue with someone who has a slightly different opinion than yours but simply doesn’t like you. You pigeon hole them as being someone who is the polar opposite if you.
By your own admission you are by definition a racist. There isn't any pigeon holing going on, you ARE the polar opposite of me. Sorry but not sorry for opposing racists and racism regardless of who it comes from, and regardless of who it targets.

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure I recall you supporting forms of cancel culture before (and much censorship is a form), possibly even in this same thread. In any case you have been in this thread openly supporting and advocating for racism, which is mostly what I've addressed with you. Like every other racist in history you've justified your brand of racism in your own mind. I don't find any racism acceptable and will continue to oppose it. You find that to be a threat to your racism, and because you value your principles of racism so highly, any threat to your ability to be racist really angers you. And here we are, the anti-racist being mad at the racist for being racist, and the racist being mad at the anti-racist for being anti-racist and not allowing him to get away with his racism unchecked.

By your own admission you are by definition a racist. There isn't any pigeon holing going on, you ARE the polar opposite of me. Sorry but not sorry for opposing racists and racism regardless of who it comes from, and regardless of who it targets.
Okay boomer.

Sounds like you need the last word in this non argument, argument :rolleyes:. By all means, take the last word. That ego depends on it.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Okay boomer.
Who could have seen that coming except everybody. Group identity is how your type tries to identify and pigeon hole everybody and is literally all that really matters to you to the point that you have to make baseless assumptions in order to try to get someone pigeon holed into a group so you can try to apply some perceived group stereotype against them (as if all people of a certain color, or sex, or age, etc are even all the same to begin with, but yall conveniently ignore that because it wouldn't help serve the cause).

This whole "the group identity is of the most supreme importance" thought process is one of the main causes of your racism and sexism as well. I wish for the same days that Martin Luther King Jr. wished and fought for where people will be judged as an individual rather than some grouping they are put into based on what skin color they have, what sex organ is between their legs, what age they are, etc. He is rolling over in his grave at what the nation has become because since his time we have gotten even further away from the ideal of only judging a person as an individual rather than closer to it, and for half the population group identity is really all that matters at all and they could care less about things like merit and individuals.

Here's to wishing that one day you realize that things like skin colors and sex organs and ages don't matter and that people shouldn't be discriminated against because of them.

Last edited:

gerryf

Joe Rogan has described his support and interest in jiu-jitsu, hallucinogenics, hunting, and sensory-deprivation. Has his support increased the market for those subjects?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The answer is yes, his influencer value has gone down, but only by a bit. Pre and post this persecution Joe still has more influence than most though. Off the top of my head about the only person I can think of who might have more influence would be if Obama were to start publicly promoting pool, and his influence would likely dwarf Joe's because his supporters tend to just fully and blindly support no matter what. Literally half the population would start sacrificing and eating babies if Obama said it was a good thing that should be the new trend so there is little doubt about what he could do for pool.

Joe is still probably the next best shot for pool though from an influencer perspective that I can think of, but he has no reason to mention it much, much less promote it. If he were playing more it would naturally come up more like his hunting does, but we can't control what interests him or where he spends his time and pool isn't currently near the top of his list.

Joe is NOT the next best shot at pool, he is the epitome of the current pool player, and it seems this thread is about improving pool - more of the same isn’t going to work.

I would write the explanation of insanity but I’m sure we all know what it is.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His influence has become diminished and just how much is way too soon to predict.

Just saying that I am not the same person today because I see and understand things
differently than back when I used racist language and expressed racist opinions, that
boat just ain’t gonna float nowadays. I dunno what epiphany he experienced but it kind
of sounds like it’s financially related. He doesn’t want to see his earnings suffer since as
soon as you get identified as a racist, or defending the use of a hate word or racist views,
you just capped the size of your audience and it shrunk becoming a lot smaller than before.

You can shove that Blut and Bloden, i.e., Blood and Soil, so far up your asses that the taste
reaches your lips. Ain’t no room in America for bigotry despite the best efforts underway today.