CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would guess only a fraction of those captived followers have actually purchased his book. I hope they all have, but I seriously doubt it. The 5000 DVD'S took nearly 10 years to sell out. I hope the book does better than that. I hope he sells every one in record time, then orders another 2500, or however many copies he originally had printed with that $40k.
I would guess quite a few of the 3200 bought the book, either before they joined the group or after joining the group and reading about all the success stories from players. Also if you are in the group not only is Stan personally answering questions but several others are doing videos and explaining there practice sessions.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a group for positivity and learning. Nothing like the shit show here thank God
I disagree. Only Stan is allowed to post anything related to teaching CTE. No one else is allowed to have any sort of independent or constructive thought at risk of getting snubbed out by Stan or other players. The only thing you're allowed to post is either a question, positive review or a video of yourself making a 30 degree cut shot.

If you mean positive as in everyone's smiling and whistling and no one is rocking the boat, then sure.

But I consider azbilliards waaaayyy more positive. Yeah there's arguing and name-calling, but you get opinions from all sides, and no discussion is off limits.

I think you guys argue because you'd be bored without each other😂 It's kinda sweet if you think about it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
They are captive in the sense that if they don't want to get kicked out they will not make waves. It is clear that he runs the group with an iron fist, or whatever Low said. The emperor is free to roam naked in such an environment.
Sorry, still don't understand the captivity part. The group is established for discussion of how to use the CTE method not to debate about the CTE method. That's what this group is for. Stan used to be here taking questions and then he was driven away by mockers and knockers.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My biggest gripe with CTE is how inaccessible the information is. I bought the dvds and I bought the book and I joined the Facebook group and learned the secret handshake.

Not everyone learns in the same way, and not everyone enjoys the same teaching style.

It's been 20 years and there's only 3 types of information about CTE.

1. Sourced from Stan. Usually in the form of 30min videos that involve 2min of the actual information, bookended by some sort of sermon.

2. People quoting Stan with one of like 12 pre-approved messages.

3. Someone who doesn't know CTE, but has to include the words "My Way" somewhere in the title.

My opinion is dont worry about the naysayers, because trying to even find out what CTE is about is already obnoxiously off-putting.

Also stop adding more systems on top of it as if it makes a system more robust.
Basic Pivot CTE, fine that one makes sense. Pro one without the bridge pivot, sure. Now disguised pivot? and Half-Ball pivot.
And calling something the No Imagination Shot Line, doesn't make it sound more credible and actually makes it sound more suspicious. May as well call it the Totally-not-made-up Line.

I've been supplementing my training with hours of staring at 3D images in an effort to figure this stuff out. That's how desperate I'm getting.

View attachment 610147
You mentioned that you have severe vision problems? If so that could that be part of the issue? I am always happy to talk on the phone or do a video chat and help where I can. Other CTE users and teachers are also willing to do this. I have personally helped dozens of people in this way. You will get nothing here without literally wading through a ton of shitposts to find the gems.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yup. So, there are NO PROFESSIONAL instructors teaching pivoting to beginners .
Stop arguing then.
Are you high? Because it would be so much better IF you were. Otherwise I just think you're naturally oblivious. THE ONLY MENTION OF TEACHING CTE TO BEGINNERS WAS IN THE CONTEXT OF A PROPOSED EXPERIMENT.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Are you high? Because it would be so much better IF you were. Otherwise I just think you're naturally oblivious. THE ONLY MENTION OF TEACHING CTE TO BEGINNERS WAS IN THE CONTEXT OF A PROPOSED EXPERIMENT.
You must be out of Prozak.
And I ain't reviewing your teaching your beginning daughter some pivoting .

Your proposed experiment would get your cte beat easily .
People would quit before getting tortured by that .

A beginner who is taught fundamentals and easy aiming system would learn a lot faster than getting confused by a convoluted aiming system.
One poster here even said he took lessons from Tyler and Tyler basically eliminated the pivoting part because he just couldn't get it.

And even if we had intermediate or C players go through the experiment, you'd get beat .
2 weeks of CTE lessons from you instead of 2 weeks of NO AIMING lessons, just drills, patterns and fundamental lessons from someone like Lowry or Wilson or Feijen WOULD BE A LOT BETTER OFF .

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. Only Stan is allowed to post anything related to teaching CTE. No one else is allowed to have any sort of independent or constructive thought at risk of getting snubbed out by Stan or other players. The only thing you're allowed to post is either a question, positive review or a video of yourself making a 30 degree cut shot.

If you mean positive as in everyone's smiling and whistling and no one is rocking the boat, then sure.

But I consider azbilliards waaaayyy more positive. Yeah there's arguing and name-calling, but you get opinions from all sides, and no discussion is off limits.

I think you guys argue because you'd be bored without each other😂 It's kinda sweet if you think about it.
You have to be crazy. You are basically getting free personal lessons in the group not only from Stan but also several other CTE instructors. AZ billiards is nothing more then a shit show concerning CTE because of 3 people trying to make themselves famous

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, still don't understand the captivity part. The group is established for discussion of how to use the CTE method not to debate about the CTE method. That's what this group is for. Stan used to be here taking questions and then he was driven away by mockers and knockers.
Dan isn’t allowed in the group so all he has is bad mouthing something he knows nothing about, kinda like he does on here with CTE. Just a bunch of mis informed guessing

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would guess quite a few of the 3200 bought the book, either before they joined the group or after joining the group and reading about all the success stories from players. Also if you are in the group not only is Stan personally answering questions but several others are doing videos and explaining there practice sessions.

Probably a better guess than mine. But still a guess. 🤔

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 68

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Broadly speaking, pool players are not into buying books at $100 a whack (plus shipping and handling).

Lou Figueroa
Have you noticed how many APA 3s have CF shafts? Pool players will spend money on anything they think will give them an edge, even if in reality they are just chasing a magic pill. Old school players are notoriously cheap bastards (me included) but the new generation thinks nothing of spending $100 on pool. Hell, the phone in their pocket is $1200+.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're beginning to grow on me, tony! Now you just need to be careful because you are going to be weeded out as an undesirable.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan wasn't driven away. Stan was banned by AZ management and he didn't like that. He came back and did a poll as to whether he should stay. He didn't get the answer he wanted, got butt hurt (as cookie so eloquently puts it) and left.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to be crazy. You are basically getting free personal lessons in the group not only from Stan but also several other CTE instructors. AZ billiards is nothing more then a shit show concerning CTE because of 3 people trying to make themselves famous
That would be JB, cookie, and JB.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan isn’t allowed in the group so all he has is bad mouthing something he knows nothing about, kinda like he does on here with CTE. Just a bunch of mis informed guessing
According to tony I'm pretty spot on without even having a mole in the group!