Cuemakers HOF -R-

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
1 piece ebony titlist to join the group soon -R-

This cue is nearly finished and ready to join my collection. Jerry -R- insisted I have it. No collection would be complete without a one piece ebony Titlist which is extremely rare, let alone a ONE PIECE!!!! It weighs 19.2 oz without coring. The ebony is from a stash of wood Jerry picked up that is very, VERY OLD, dry, and well seasoned. The good thing is he has plenty more long enough to make cues with tall balanced points, perfect for making a couple more one piece cues. (<:

It balances up at 18 1/2 inches without finish or bumper, and it's built to be a REAL player. I can't wait to have it in my hands next week so I can make the original photo into the 4 amigos instead of the 3 amigos!!!

Here are some teaser shots during construction while giving the wood time to "rest."

John

MVC-119F.jpg

MVC-119F.jpg

MVC-118F.jpg

MVC-121F.jpg

MVC-122F.jpg

MVC-112F.jpg

MVC-113F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-001F.jpg

MVC-004F.jpg

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Dufferin Ebony

I bet a lot of cuemakers would like to have that ebony. Jerry told me this ebony comes from when Dufferin was in business.He has about 100 pieces of the Dufferin ebony . When working it he said he can tell that its very dry and old stock ,each piece mzr. 1 3/8 x 29" . It is much lighter than fresh or current stock Ebony and makes it perfect for one piece cues.

Wedge

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John. That one piece ebony Titlist is going to be gorgeous with finish on it.

Very cool!!!

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
The Wheels are in Motion

I have contacted the ACA and both Dan Janes and Keith Josey have responded concerning Jerry's nomination. Keith told me David Jacoby (President)will be contacting me concerning the nomination. Wish me luck and support!

Wedge

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Good luck on this. I only have two of Jerry's cues and they are very special to me.

Besides his longevity, and the full splice cues he makes. His customer support and communication is first class.

Necessary attributes for a HOF ER

IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks Tony

Good luck on this. I only have two of Jerry's cues and they are very special to me.

Besides his longevity, and the full splice cues he makes. His customer support and communication is first class.

Necessary attributes for a HOF ER

IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Very well said!

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The one piece Titlist ebony cue is on its way. Jerry sent me a pic of the insured postal tag so I could check on it as it travels cross country, literally.

Pics very soon.

John

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
New pics of the one piece ebony cue Jerry recenty built. These are the NUTS!!! The one piece ebony may be available.

John

PB180028.jpg

PB180027.jpg

PB180024.jpg

PB180023.jpg

PB180014.jpg

PB180022.jpg

PB180013.jpg

PB180026.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, I hope his prices don't go up once he's enshrined. I'm planning on ordering a cue from Jerry in the coming months.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he just meant that if you wait too long, Jerry's waiting list might get longer and longer and longer.

Fatz

PS. You have a couple PM's from me.

I know, he's just giving me grief. We play together regularly and I've been talking about Jerry making me a cue.

PM's replied.

Pre-Flag Master

Cue Ball Man
Silver Member
The picture below is a perfect illustration of the point I made earlier in this thread.
These return points have beautiful proportions.
They come to an end at a point that is about as wide as a single veneer.
To me, that's just right.
And what skill it must take to get them to come out like that consistently.

Fatz

New pics of the one piece ebony cue Jerry recenty built. These are the NUTS!!! The one piece ebony may be available.

John

PB180024.jpg

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Jerry's HOF Nomination Update

Just wanted to keep fellow AZ members updated. I continue to remain in contact with the American Cuemakers Association (ACA) concerning nominating Jerry. Keith Josey has been very helpful and I have received an email from Dave Jacoby, ACA President and Jim Buss ACA nomination chairman is also aware of the nomination. Below is Dave Jacoby's kind response as well as a list of the ACA HOF committee members. Wish Jerry good luck!!!

Frank

Thank you for your interest in nominating Jerry Rauenzahn for the Hall of Fame award.

We have been entering a new cue make for the past two years in this award. The way we do it, is Jim Buss heads the nominating committee consisting of some past award winners as well as several prominate collectors. They generate a list of three name one of which has to be an ACA member. This list then goes to the voting members of the ACA and they vote on the names and one name is chosen for the award. So you can see there is a process for this award.

With the change of venue in the Hopkins event this year (this is where the award is presented) I'm not sure if we will have a nominee this year or postpone it to next year. There will be a full menu of things to do this year in getting ready for the event.

As soon as we get the nominating committee together I will let Jim Buss and the committee know of the interest to have Jerry nominated.

I hope this explination clears some things up for you as to how the cue maker is selected for the award.

Thanks
Dave Jacoby

HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The Hall of Fame Committee selects the candidates for the ACA Hall of Fame.
Currently, the HOF Committee consists of Cuemakers, Collectors, Representatives of the
Media, and current Hall of Fame members. Current Committee members are:
Cuemaker Jim
Buss (Chairman)
Cue Collectors Rick
Goulden, Tony Martino, Will Prout.
Media Conrad
Burkman (retired owner of The National Billiard News). Tom Shaw
(Pool and Billiard Magazine)
ACA Hall of Fame Members. Richard Black, Ernie Gutierrez, Dan Janes, Bill Schick

Jim Buss

Registered
I am the chairman of the aca hof committee.
If you go to cuemakers.org and click on "awards/events",then click on hall of fame, You will find the hof criteria. You will notice that making great cues is not the only requirement.

Anyone can nominate anyone they wish. The committee will consider all nominations. Contact me, and I'll submit it to the committee.

Jim Buss

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks Jim

I am the chairman of the aca hof committee.
If you go to cuemakers.org and click on "awards/events",then click on hall of fame, You will find the hof criteria. You will notice that making great cues is not the only requirement.

Anyone can nominate anyone they wish. The committee will consider all nominations. Contact me, and I'll submit it to the committee.

Jim Buss

I will be sending you an email shortly outlining Jerry's accomplishments.

If any fellow AZ'ers have anything they would like to add about Jerry's ease to work with, customer service, pricing, innovation, craftmanship, keeping old school replicas alive or any other positive attributes please post on this thread.

Thanks

Frank