Custom Pool Room

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Guy's! The tape n float got started yesterday and it looks great. I was able to pick up a few more items I needed, like the return filter register. I got a great deal at Habitat, I found a brand spankin new one for $2.50 that would have cost me $35 and a brand new spot light that I needed for the cue case for a buck$. I'll post pics of the the process soon.
Another blessing was a friend gave my Father a new 5 gallon bucket of interior primer! Just what I needed. Saves me another $60!!!

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tape n Float

Well, here's a couple of pics I took yesterday, this is the first pass and 2 more are still needed. Then comes the sanding and Texture. The guys worked late Saturday and it wasn't quite dry and ready for the second pass on Sunday so we decided to wait till today (monday). This is the only process I will not be doing myself on this project, it feels odd having someone working on my room, but hey it gives me time rest. I was able to catch the Cowboy game yesterday.

Attachments

• p-0007-1.jpg
    p-0007-1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,894
  • p-0007-2.jpg
    p-0007-2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,894

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked it up on craigslist for $10 including 4 retro stools. It's unfortunate your up north, I'd give it too you. I only got it becasue I wanted the stools but the table doesn't fit in with my plans.

If it wasn't beyond my paygrade, I'd donate some natural thin veneer stone for those vertical sections that jut away from the wall a few inches. I'm sure you already have your design plans, but when I saw the drywall work, the stone thing jumped in right before my eyes.
:cool:

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sunday

I had some time this weekend and I read over this tread from the start, and realized I missed responding a lot of ya'll posts. I want to apologize for the ones I missed and didn’t respond too. Some of you I’ve PM’d, others I just didn’t get too. Just want to apologize for the ones I overlooked.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Woahhhh... I just got a compliment from Joe Rogan!!!

That's just Earl posing as Joe .. if it was the real Joe that would be a "Woahhhh" for sure (j/k). <Take a screen shot of that post, frame it, and put it in a prominent place at the "bar"!!! Joe's the best!!!>

I was wondering if you planned on doing any streaming in that room? BTW Joe streams via ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
ARISE POOL SHACK!!!! ARISSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!! Philthepockets did a similar thread about his snooker room. I am enjoying this thread also.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two thumbs up!

This is an awesome set up! The only thing I would do different is one of the tables would be a nine footer! If you have room for an 8' and 9' table that would be awesome to be able to practice on either before a big tourney! :thumbup:

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More tape n float pics

Any updates?

Well even though there has been progress done, the pics really don't reflect it. Here are some pics of the third and final pass of the tape and float with a light sanding in between each step. Due to weather and the holliday the texture didn't get done, but it is getting sprayed today and should be completely dried for Friday and ready for primer and paint. I still need to decide on the final wall color. I have narrrowed it down to four (4) shades of dark green. I started with around 20.

Attachments

• 11-19 003.jpg
    11-19 003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,963
  • 11-19 024.jpg
    11-19 024.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,959
  • 11-19 025.jpg
    11-19 025.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,965
  • 11-19 026.jpg
    11-19 026.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,971
  • 11-19 027.jpg
    11-19 027.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,968

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Texture

The texture is finally done and it turned out great. The 9' ceilings look awesome.:happydance: The corners, edges and walls came out great. Hopefully I can primer tomorrow, Rain is in the forecast. If so I'll wait just to make sure I don't have any problems.
Copy of 12-1 017.jpg
Heres a pic of where the stain glass design will go. I think the end result will give the room that extra little detail of class.
Copy of 12-1 018.jpg
Copy of 12-1 022.jpg
Copy of 12-1 024.jpg
Copy of 12-1 025.jpg