Danny Smith vs Josh Roberts - updates?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren is the greatest no doubt but 35, 40, 50, 60 years old, don't think he ever banked as good as danny, john b etc, danny plays two and three railer, crazy off angle banks and plays position off them . Just my humble opinion I been wrong before and sure it wont be the last time.:grin:

Anyways after 64 games all even, what a fight

Efren is best of all time around the rack, he always put balls on his side near his pocket and cue ball stuffed in the rack.

Efren never really had to play 2-3 rail banks with position, cause Efren was most always in control of the game, .

How can anybody beat a man when he leaves you no out most of the time, glued to the rack!

For the money when Efren needed to make a 2 or 3 railer, he either made it or put it in his pocket area, and always had his opponent on the defense, nobody can win when they are always on the defense!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i asked how these guys compared to Efren these days

i was told here on az

they banked so much better than Efren that he would get a
ball or the break

I would certainly like to bet on Efren with the break

It seemed to me that these guys miss way too often
fail to get out when the table was open,and were reckless

If I am out of line,I would like to bet on Efren to beat either one of these guys

What would the line be for smith vs reyes

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i was told here on az

ball or the break

If I am out of line,I would like to bet on Efren to beat either one of these guys

in bank pool I would take Danny, Josh, Freezer, John B, J HALL, the list could go on. There is no doubt in my mind that Efren is the greatest player I have seen in my lifetime, but there have been quite a few who bank better. Off the top of my head I don't think he has ever won Banks at Derby, not that I'm only basing my opinion on that. I don't really like these guys side of it giving Efren a ball in 1p

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no way in hell anyone can give efren a ball. Anybody that thinks other wise can win ALOT of money.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sylver Ochoa may take it down. But, i am not sure how he matches up with JJ that got destroyed?

Kd

Sylver rarely plays at all. He has 2 kids now and it's his full time job to care for them.

JJ lost to Danny only because he refuses to stay in stroke. He never practices. He's up there playing on talent alone.

I think both of those guys if playing full time, which will probably never again, is to much for Danny. They would snug him down so much. They are both grinders and don't care if the game last an hour. And JJ when at his best could run out very well (U.S. Open champ) but I don't think we will ever see their top games anymore.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Danny and his backer are pumped up with cash right now and ready to play.
Somebody with a big bankroll to play Danny could win a big score right now if they could win, rumor is Darren Appleton wants a big money rematch but i dont think he can beat Danny

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Danny and his backer are pumped up with cash right now and ready to play.
Somebody with a big bankroll to play Danny could win a big score right now if they could win, rumor is Darren Appleton wants a big money rematch but i dont think he can beat Danny

How/what did they play before and what was the outcome?

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sylver rarely plays at all. He has 2 kids now and it's his full time job to care for them.

JJ lost to Danny only because he refuses to stay in stroke. He never practices. He's up there playing on talent alone.

I think both of those guys if playing full time, which will probably never again, is to much for Danny. They would snug him down so much. They are both grinders and don't care if the game last an hour. And JJ when at his best could run out very well (U.S. Open champ) but I don't think we will ever see their top games anymore.

I completely agree with this.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How/what did they play before and what was the outcome?
Daz and Danny played even 1 pocket that was fight night 007 i think 10k set Danny won easy
but i heard Darren wants a rematch after the 1st of the year and raise the bet it is just hard for
somebody like Darren he plays rotation games most of time and very seldom plays
1 pocket Danny plays it almost everyday

Last edited:

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Daz and Danny played even 1 pocket that was fight night 007 i think 10k set Danny won easy
but i heard Darren wants a rematch after the 1st of the year and raise the bet it is just hard for
somebody like Darren he plays rotation games most of time and very seldom plays
1 pocket Danny plays it almost everyday

Was it a race or ahead set? Thanks for the info

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was 8ahrad. If darren is playing 1pocket and practises for it then he'll beat danny, he shoots to straight and his cueball is too good I think. Hard for danny to out run that.

Famous last words of everyone who bet on Darren the last time, including Scott Frost! Have you seen Danny play? He banks balls in that aren't supposed to go AND controls his cue ball! His opponents think they've played a safety and the next thing they see is the coin moving Danny's way! Yeah, he made some mistakes and Josh and Darren both capitalized on most of them, but nobody, NOBODY moves and keeps the heat turned up like Danny does! Not even the almighty Scott Frost

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They don't want to put that bankroll in play, that's all talk.
Lol

Naw, they love action, that's for sure.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen a lot of big action going on lately with Danny and a few others. I predict this is going to lead right in to an epic DCC this year. I'm going to have to find a way to make it down to sweat some of that action.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

i was told here on az

ball or the break

I am pretty sure that while these two guys are great players, they want no part of Efren Reyes.

Well, they might play him with a little weight, but the KING would still have to bring the crown jewels with him even then because they are getting used to betting it up.

JoeyA