Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I realize that,but comparing Babe Ruths
bat ''that is in one piece'' to a cue from Daz thats all busted up is
not even a fair comparison.
I'm not knocking the price,cause he has every right to sell for whatever
he feels there worth but can understand if people have questions
to make sure its authentic as well as the person selling it.

I'm totally with you, but, now that its determined that this is in fact Daz's cue and was the cue he used to do the things he claimed (which the knockers were disputing) do you really think any of them are buying the cues or, for that matter, even making offers?

If they were in the genuine pursuit of buying information and they got the information that was positive, shouldn't that make them buyers now?

I think the point people are making is that they weren't looking for the information needed to buy, because they weren't buyers, just knockers.

Thanks

Kevin

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Maybe, but if you've been here for a long time, you know the kind of nit shit stuff that's driven off many of the pro players, as well as top food chain cuemakers. Only lurkers now, if that.....and this site could be so much better imo with some of them as active participants. Better for pool, too.

Yes, and there's a private message button to ask the man about his stuff. Nobody's faulting anyone for wanting more info.
I do think anything to benefit pool is a plus and certain comments might go overboard .
I still think that comments that are in the public view is what makes
a open pool forum fun at times and dramatic at other times.

If I like a guys cue,I could just as easy PM him and tell him how much
I like his cue without anybody ever knowing.

I just think there should be a happy-medium somewhere,and with people
not commenting and clamming up might not be the direction
to go either.

I like reading the positive and negatives from people cause its the
only way I can gauge there personalities.
Being a pool forum with alot of buying and selling,I welcome all comments.
It gives me a little insight on a person that I might do business with
in the future as well as staying open-minded.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I'm totally with you, but, now that its determined that this is in fact Daz's cue and was the cue he used to do the things he claimed (which the knockers were disputing) do you really think any of them are buying the cues or, for that matter, even making offers?

If they were in the genuine pursuit of buying information and they got the information that was positive, shouldn't that make them buyers now?

I think the point people are making is that they weren't looking for the information needed to buy, because they weren't buyers, just knockers.

Thanks

Kevin
I agree with you to.People know that its really him
and the cue was played where he said it was.Not all information
people want is for potential buying purposes.

Many guys on here are just cue freaks that love cues and love to see
pics of cues,info about the cue and so on.

I agree though ,there's a fine line between being inquisitive or insulting.Sorry for hijacking the thread,I to forget where I am sometimes:smile:

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
Kevin makes a good point

now that the objection has been removed it is time to buy
that is,if buying was ever the intent in the first place

willie mosconi offered me his cue for $2800,I thought it was overpriced
last I heard it sold for around $90,000,

Who knows what prices are possible?

Shane Jackson

Action Jackson Industries LLC
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Too much to quote.

it is darren selling his cues.

as someone said earlier check Facebook and realize that he does post regularly and responds regularly. (Prob. not to people who smash him as soon as he posts) I recently spoke to him about a predator cue and he returned my messages promptly.

I know quite a few collectors who have purchased playing cues from high end professionals. I know of two off hand...one which was sigels playing cue, and the other was john schmidts playing cue.

I could only hope to one day achieve the status of one of these great players and sell my cue to someone who would admire it for what it has done for me and the story behind their journey.

Its like buying a sword from a war...there maybe chips/dings/bluing but theres no difference than a little blood on the blade.

glws darren.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Darren should be pretty happy with this thread, that has already generated four pages of posts about his cues for sale. What he is doing is trying to open a new market for his well known broken cue (how many thousands have seen the video?), plus sell one of his most noteworthy cues. All good as far as I'm concerned and not a bad idea by Daz. He's not only one of the most brilliant pool players (more heart per square inch than anyone!) on the planet, he's a pretty sharp businessman too. Chalk up one more run-out to Mr. Appleton! :D

jwe711

The Great Cue Masters...!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Old used cues...from a pro...

Well, I've got CJ Wiley's old Bludworth - Buddy Hall series Cue that he used during the 80's to win most (or a bunch) of his tourny's with...Got several pictures from the old pool and billiard magazines that show him with the cue...

I also took it to him and had him verify that it was his old cue, (there's a really funny story behind it) but I didn't ask for a letter from him...but I'm sure he'd write one up for me if I ever felt the need to sell it...but I'm more of a collector...rather than a seller or a flipper...so, it looks really nice in my collection.

champsic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I doubt this is D.Appelton ,probably someone is joking around.
Anyway ...good luck with the sale

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Old used cues...from a pro...

Well, I've got CJ Wiley's old Bludworth - Buddy Hall series Cue that he used during the 80's to win most (or a bunch) of his tourny's with...Got several pictures from the old pool and billiard magazines that show him with the cue...

I also took it to him and had him verify that it was his old cue, (there's a really funny story behind it) but I didn't ask for a letter from him...but I'm sure he'd write one up for me if I ever felt the need to sell it...but I'm more of a collector...rather than a seller or a flipper...so, it looks really nice in my collection.

Those OLD Bludworth cues were the nuts! I had a purpleheart sneaky from that era that played so good. I'd have it today except I accidentally irreparably damaged it. Maybe the best playing cue I've ever played with. Yes, that is the kind of cue that "I" would find desirable as a collector, but everyone had their likes and dislikes. Cool story.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
it is darren selling his cues.

as someone said earlier check Facebook and realize that he does post regularly and responds regularly. (Prob. not to people who smash him as soon as he posts) I recently spoke to him about a predator cue and he returned my messages promptly.

I know quite a few collectors who have purchased playing cues from high end professionals. I know of two off hand...one which was sigels playing cue, and the other was john schmidts playing cue.

I could only hope to one day achieve the status of one of these great players and sell my cue to someone who would admire it for what it has done for me and the story behind their journey.

Its like buying a sword from a war...there maybe chips/dings/bluing but theres no difference than a little blood on the blade.

glws darren.

Excellent commentary. If I personally could have a few cues, it would be the MIKE SIGEL JOSS that he used in the 80s to win so much with. Love that cue and Mike was my favorite player! You know who owns it?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Excellent commentary. If I personally could have a few cues, it would be the MIKE SIGEL JOSS that he used in the 80s to win so much with. Love that cue and Mike was my favorite player! You know who owns it?

I've got the identical copy to the first cue Mike made for himself and played with in the early 90's. To the best of my knowledge he made only one other like it and I have it.
P.S. It's for sale :wink:

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0

You must have not read the thread. Nobody is joking around, it IS d Appleton. Why don't you read the thread before coming to a conclusion and posting it. These kinda posts are just a nuisance to other peope.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0

No sense it knowing what you are talking about, far better just to type some stuff.

Negative conjecture is best for AZ, but you've already got that down pat.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Exposure...Exposure...Exposure, all it takes is the right person to buy just about anything. This may be the Wanted/For Sale's equivalent to the Funny pic/gif thread...

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
WOW!!

I love AZ, but it shocks the hell out of me far too often anymore!

DAZ,
Congrats on all the accomplishments. Anyone who really follows pool and collects would love to have those cues, in any condition. I hope you sell them and get every penny of your asking price.

Braden

Shane Jackson

Action Jackson Industries LLC
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Sigels cue.

I've got the identical copy to the first cue Mike made for himself and played with in the early 90's. To the best of my knowledge he made only one other like it and I have it.
P.S. It's for sale :wink:

yes i know the guy who has the other one he made from himself.

the guy is ill and is not doing well and it will prob be six feet under when he passes.

But back to darrens original post : Im sure if anyone seriously interested would message him with a real offer that he would throw in a certificate of authenticity signed by himself.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Your the man the diamond

I cannot believe what I am reading. Is there something wrong with some of you? Before engaging your typing fingers, for fricks sake engage your brains.

The poster is Darren and yes, those are the prices he is asking. If you don't like the prices, move the hell along and let the guy sell his cues. If they don't sell, then Daz has to make some adjustments or keep the cues. HIS choice though.

The guy is a sure fire hall of famer with what he has achieved already. The cues have an amazing history behind them and some of us relish having that history in our collections. How do you put a price on that? Well, it's not up to me in this instance...it's up to Daz. Before any of you ask, I own several of Darren's cues already.

It's hilarious that some of you post on this thread, knocking the guys action yet from some of the posts I have read, I question why....because you are certainly not going to buy them given your purchases previously. The absolute bottom line is.....Darren can ask what price he likes...end of, broken cue or not. As can you and I also.

I have a Meucci that was given to my late father via Andy Richardson at the 1996 Mosconi Cup. Bob Meucci had given this cue to Steve Davis. It was the last cue my father used before he passed away. The cue is worth $200. For me to give it up needs $100,000. So frickin sue me.

Get a grip people and let the man sell his cues. If you are interested, PM him, if you are not or don't have anything decent to say...keep your mouth shut on the thread.

Si

Your the Man the diamond, Very well said I completely agree with you. The fact of the matter is AZ billiards is a big joke these days. It's sure not what is was a few years ago. Yes there are a lot of very good People who really know what they are talking about here when it comes to cue's and billiards. But the bad part is as they say you must take the good with the bad. There are more people here that have nothing better to do with there time then to bash or trash Threads and other people. It's sad because AZ use to be a great place. It seems as the days go by there are less experts willing to help other good people and more people who just want to talk shit and hi jack threads and smash a person in public.

I comend you for what you posted your a class act Sir.

And your cue collection is awesome to say the least.....

I have met Darren a few times and it's to bad people here don't show him more respect because he is really a great guy...