Day 2 Mosconi Matches in Progress Coverage

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
That two rolled away from the rail SOO badly

That was horrible the way the two rolled away from the rail..

Jaden

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Boyes makes a good hit. This time, instead of trying a tough cut on the 2, Corey elects the long rail bank. Misses it and the 9 that was also sitting close to the pocket.

Set should be over. The Navy Seal doesn't look happy.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Boyes wins. Phil is proud. Boyes does this arrow shooting gesture that is, well I can't think of a polite word to describe it so I won't.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Boyes breaks dry and Corey has a tester on the one. Played the nine and flunked the one to save the match. Plays a safe just passably, but Boyes kick is just ordinary. Corey tries to bank the two into the nine, but the miss gives Boyes a look at the finish line.

Boyes plays up to the seve-nine combo and makes it.

Boyes 5 Deuel 2

Europe 4 USA 3

.... And now the crowd is singing.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Hey Matchroom must be reading my comments ---

Shane's name is now capitalized correctly.

Is Matchroom gonna start paying me?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boyes breaks dry and Corey has a tester on the one. Played the nine and flunked the one to save the match. Plays a safe just passably, but Boyes kick is just ordinary. Corey tries to bank the two into the nine, but the miss gives Boyes a look at the finish line.

Boyes plays up to the seve-nine combo and makes it.

Boyes 5 Deuel 2

Europe 4 USA 3

.... And now the crowd is singing.

Singing! What a stupid thing to do. Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurope. Sounds like a belch. :angry:

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This crowd is brutal. I get the rowdiness but they are crossing the line now. Some need to be shown the door to the outside... Oh and I am cheering for Europe.. ;)

Agreed. People talk about how players in PI are unsharkable because they play in open air rooms with roosters and motorcycles all around, but at least the crowd isn't being overtly hostile towards one side (at least in the PI money matches I've seen on youtube).

I hesitate to use the word, but it does seem a little bit unfair.

Regardless, Corey played only about 5 balls better than me, instead of his usual 8 or so.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Singing! What a stupid thing to do. Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurope. Sounds like a belch. :angry:

Yeah, those English fans are just a little out there, bu they sure have fun.

It's the same kind of singing you get at Englishh soccer games.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a shock. A game played primarily in bars attracts drunk fans. The crowd is at least 2 social rungs down the ladder from snooker. You'd have to be blind to not see this.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Looks like we are back in action. Darren/Nikos vs SVB/Schmidt.

Nikos introduced as "Spartacus.". What a silly nickname. Spartacus was crucified.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
SVB breaks and scratches. Europe with the table to run out but Daz misses the 4.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Is there any doubt now that Hall Schmidt and Bergman belong there?

I think this team can do it as long as they stick to a slightly more defensive game.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Van Boening opens with a scratch on the break.

Appleton goes wrong on a four ball and the .americans are back in business.

SVB/Schmidt 1 Darren/Nikos 0

Good start.Nice eight bal by Schmidt.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
The 4 is in the jaws and Schmidt leaves SVB bad on the 5. He makes it. Schmidt makes the 6, albeit with a less than confident stroke.

SVB pockets the 7 but leaves John with a tough cut on the 8. He makes it, with stroke and SVB with a tough cut on the 9 in the middle of the table, fires it in.

AFTERWARDS, they discuss it and SVB tells John how he should have played it. Hi Lou. :p

ThePitster

Registered
It's safe to say, a section of the crowd are over stepping the line in 'supporting' the home team. No respect for an opponent on a shot. Terrible behaviour.