DCC 9 Ball - Who's left?

CanadianGuy

yeah asterisk next to this "win" as far as I'm concerned
players did not sign up for this literal violation of labor law

I probably couldn't spell my name or tell you the day of the week being up for 24 hrs, if the old guys running the tourney could depart 1995 and start using some proper tech and software this would not occur, this includes the accustats

whatever I guess

congrats to Gorst though, he's a beast and unbeatable at the moment and obviously dealing with some massive personal issues around an actual war and everything that entails most of which would be unfathomable to us here

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fedor breaks and runs out to take the title, 9-2.

Will he be the new FargoRate world leader?

possibly. impressive TPA considering how drawn out the 9-ball was. 24 hour final day? hope they this plan better next year, not nice for the players

dendweller

Seems obvious they need to add a day to the tournament or reduce the fields.

Fedor is slowing down just a bit aswell, if Shane had a good power nap he might have a chance yet.

Alex looks ready to collaps but obviously no quit in that man.
Does anyone have an idea what how the number of players this year compares to last year?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible planning for one of the year's marquee events. I'm sure the hotel made out on the overtime billing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im sorry but this was horrible logistics. There is no comparing young 20's to late 30's/early 40's. Your body and mind just can't hang with youth. This was basically giving a spot or a handicap if you are older. I know that's just the way it was but it's unfair advantage.
Pool is a young man's game:) Even in races to 1.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
yeah asterisk next to this "win" as far as I'm concerned
players did not sign up for this literal violation of labor law

I probably couldn't spell my name or tell you the day of the week being up for 24 hrs, if the old guys running the tourney could depart 1995 and start using some proper tech and software this would not occur, this includes the accustats

whatever I guess

congrats to Gorst though, he's a beast and unbeatable at the moment and obviously dealing with some massive personal issues around an actual war and everything that entails most of which would be unfathomable to us here
At the start of the event, Gorst had to be the odds on favorite to win the 9-ball along with Filler. He’s been having a phenomenal year. Guys like Alex and Shane are stamina warriors. They have played race to 100 matches that didnt start until 11pm.

In the end, Gorst was one of the favorites to win, and he won. SVB was also one of the favorites, and he came in 2nd. Alex would have not been a big favorite to win, and he came in a mighty 3rd.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony did end up second on the MOT after all. Wow, I thought he would end up 5th or lower when he finally lost the 9 ball last night.

I think 2nd and 3rd get 3k and 2k.

ALT_ESV

Departing this state now for a very long time. From the last Nine Ball dropping, you had an hour and fifteen minutes to clean up the room and pack out. Sure you could have left the rail to do it earlier but there’s no saying when the finals truly were going to be. I’ll say that by the time you were at the end of the finals you had a certain…disrespect from the people in the crowd.

They had five levels of bleachers brought in for the finals but never was used for the 9 Ball. Not even commentators (seemingly, based on comments here) to cover the matches.

Really feels like they were gambling on Efren going all the way and winning one pocket at the massive loss of 9 Ball engagement and fan’s attendance. Well, tough…Efren lost and after Chohan had to flip flop between One Pocket and 9 Ball which drew it longer.

A two day delay for One Pocket finals… unreal. I’m sure that putting the final as part of the Nineball rankings will be a sore subject for a while for the players.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Departing this state now for a very long time. From the last Nine Ball dropping, you had an hour and fifteen minutes to clean up the room and pack out. Sure you could have left the rail to do it earlier but there’s no saying when the finals truly were going to be. I’ll say that by the time you were at the end of the finals you had a certain…disrespect from the people in the crowd.

They had five levels of bleachers brought in for the finals but never was used for the 9 Ball. Not even commentators (seemingly, based on comments here) to cover the matches.

Really feels like they were gambling on Efren going all the way and winning one pocket at the massive loss of 9 Ball engagement and fan’s attendance. Well, tough…Efren lost and after Chohan had to flip flop between One Pocket and 9 Ball which drew it longer.

A two day delay for One Pocket finals… unreal. I’m sure that putting the final as part of the Nineball rankings will be a sore subject for a while for the players.
I don't think the delay had anything to do with Efren's run. It was simply too many players entered in all 3 events. Its the same juggling every year. The TOP contenders go deep in each event, so their matches are always juggled. Now, with more players, this came to a head.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't apologize if I was Diamond. I would double-down on increasing the numbers for next year too, not lowering them! Lower preliminary 9 ball matches to 7 if necessary and ADD days to the tourney if need be. Why not add days to this?