Dcc rooms

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call and they transfer me around 3 or 4 times and telle they don't know what I'm talking about in regards to a room for the event!! Finally talk to a live person at front desk and she says she doesn't know the "code" and she "thinks" they are booked. Wtf is the deal. Anybody have this problem and is there or is there not any rooms available? Thanks.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called in November; got sent to the call center in Manilla 3-4 times before I finally said I want to speak to the front desk.

The person I talked to at the front desk said they were booked. The guy I'm staying with knows Greg Sullivan pretty well, called him, and he said there was no way they had booked that early. I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor.

After talking to the hotel assistant manager, she said something was wrong with their system, but they had rooms left. She had to do some kind of override but eventually I got booked. The whole ordeal took me about an hour and a half on the phone to get it sorted out.

They might not have any more rooms, but I would call and ask for a manager. Make sure you get someone that can give you a definitive answer and not the run around like I kept getting.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the exact same thing happen last year. Its obvious they have not fixed this yet. I think it happens every year... The people taking the reservations don't know that there is a block of rooms for the DCC players, and they show up as "booked" when they are really not, and are reserved for us instead.

I too was on the phone last year or year before for an hour! BRUTAL! I'm very disappointed this has not improved.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm hotter than a firecracker. The kind of money I blowed there every year and to not even get any response is crap. Horshoe =
Horseshit! I gave up. I guess ill give Greg a call myself and see wtf the deal is. How can the joint be this unorganized?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling in person is the problem. The website usually works ok. But a few times, the website has the wrong dates, and you HAVE to call in person to make sure you book the correct dates.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm hotter than a firecracker. The kind of money I blowed there every year and to not even get any response is crap. Horshoe =
Horseshit! I gave up. I guess ill give Greg a call myself and see wtf the deal is. How can the joint be this unorganized?

If you have Greg's ear, can you let him know this is a recurring problem, and that your thread was not the first one for the 2013 DCC? Get him to make sure the people on the phone know what they are doing. Thank you.

Buddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I booked 2 nites they gave me one free took 3 minutes.I did not book the room using they code.Total cost $137.00

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DCC rooms

All I can say I'm sorry. I've had trouble with rooms for years at the DCC and even Tunica. We get added money for the tournament not a rebate on rooms. There's a nice lady named Joyce that may be able to help. Let her know what problems you are having. I've tried. Her cell is 502-939-5546. Work 812-969-6224. She told me to refer problems to her.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I previously mentioned: when you go to book a room on The Horseshoe web site it lists the wrong start date for the tournament: Jan 22, when the Banks actually start on the 25th. I had to make a change to my reservation so I mentioned it to the agent on the phone. I travel *a lot* so I'm very used to booking rooms, planes, cars, tours, show tickets, etc. online. But somehow, when I booked my stay with Horseshoe and had bought the room and all, the confirmation screen had the dates totally screwed up.

Word to the wise: double check your final screen.

Also, a friend of mine just tried to book the 9-day package and said those were gone already, as were non-package two-bed rooms, at the beginning of the week around the start of the 1pocket. That's second hand info, but I thought I'd pass it along.

I spoke to Greg yesterday and I would strongly encourage anyone having any kind of woe booking their room at The Horseshoe to give Joyce a call so that she is aware this is not an isolated problem and their management can get this straightened out.

It is in all of our best interests.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 beds

I booked a room with one bed,called back to change it to a 2 bed room.
They charge ten bucks per nite more for 2 beds.Has it always been this way?I don't think so!

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I booked a room with one bed,called back to change it to a 2 bed room.
They charge ten bucks per nite more for 2 beds.Has it always been this way?I don't think so!

They charge $10 per night for over 2 people per room. I used the on line booking and it worked fine, had to pay the 149/129 room rates.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I called Joyce this morning and she recommended I speak to Sandy Ferree at the Horseshoe Convention/Sales Office. So I called Sandy and we had a pleasant discussion, at the end of which she said she'd look into the problems people were experiencing and then call Greg to discuss.

So perhaps we should all standby and see what happens.

And oh yeah, use the Horseshoe web site and not the Harrah's site:

https://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-reservations/main/?propCode=UEL&groupCode=S01DCPT

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just goes to show you it's not what you know but WHO you know these days. I got lucky and a high profile celeb pool friend of mine got me a room. Looks like I'll be there to blow another 10 to 20k this year. Hope you all have your bank rolls in hand and keep it in the poolroom instead of the slaughter house. HAPPY NEW YEAR! :thumbup:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Just goes to show you it's not what you know but WHO you know these days. I got lucky and a high profile celeb pool friend of mine got me a room. Looks like I'll be there to blow another 10 to 20k this year. Hope you all have your bank rolls in hand and keep it in the poolroom instead of the slaughter house. HAPPY NEW YEAR! :thumbup:

Everyone knew this is how you would get your room all along - you just had to figure out a way to boast about it in a thread. :p

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone knew this is how you would get your room all along - you just had to figure out a way to boast about it in a thread. :p

No boasting here...just letting folks know it's highly disorganized down in SOuthern Indiana. I could get no room. Believe me I took some heat from my friend saying I was putting them out and that I never should of waited this long. Btw, are you coming this year?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Can I stay in your suite? I hear rooms are hard to get at this point so not sure if I would have a place to stay.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I stay in your suite? I hear rooms are hard to get at this point so not sure if I would have a place to stay.

You're cruisin for a bruisin my friend...:rolleyes: :thumbup: If I had a suite you could stay, if you'd like to bring an air mattress you are more than welcome you know that!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

Rooms are available. After 6 or 8 calls I finally got through to them today. It was either a busy tone or referred you to the website everytime. Its a shame they dont consider the amount of money people are ironing off for a room the way they do when people unload in a machine or table game. One would think that dropping a dime on a room that was otherwise not going to be used would get you something....