Deleting threads

Actually, Old Englishmen.

I can't remember the last time I went to a Comedy Club and someone from Britain was head lining.

I guess someone at one time did come up with Monty Python. But that was a long time ago.

Guinness World Book. Longest running employment ad in the London Times.
Wanted. British Comedian. True Story, yes.

Mumsy, my crumpets are all soggy.

Well, you shouldn't eat them in the rain. Hahahahaha.

I don't think that anyone from the UK has ever posted in the Funny Gif Thread either.

Plus you guys drink piss warm beer thats black. Thats not beer, thats black piss.

Just keep watching Coronation Street Ron, everything will be ok.

At the moment, we are trying to discourage any new Chalk and What's the Best Tip Threads. But other than that, we welcome all new comers.

And the great canadian comics are...? Very, very few canadians are actually funny, terry. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Last week I started a thread about the Turning Stone tournament that starts in 4 days. Included a player list and was looking for predictions on favorites. Maybe hype the event. It is free streaming on AZB TV. .....they moved it to US tournament announcements.

Currently there is no mention of Turning Stone on the Main Forum. Pretty sad.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I just noticed the thread started by 'cleary' - named something like 'what is the need for pro pool' - went for quite a few pages- the whole thread was removed!

Why are some threads removed?

If it gets too crazy - maybe banning/censoring individuals would be better than eliminating the thread

My attitude is the some of us spend good time and efforts making posts. If they going to be discarded, why should we even participate? I believe there was a lot of intelligent information in the thread.

This is a minor rant - I'm suggesting maybe exercising a little better judgment on keeping some of the BS posters in line. If not I'm afraid AZ is going to alienate several of the on-point posters.

Comments? Or is this going to be another flame war?

For what it's worth, I'm about ready to take a break from posting. And it's caused by a few individuals who just can't quite grasp the idea we should all be promoting pool and making it bigger and better. Sure there are agendas and competition - but why can't we just agree to disagree?

Mark Griffin

We're all wussies now. Stick and stones can break our bones...and now, due to the constant propaganda. so can words. Or so the lie is believed by most now.

You must have missed that thread.:p

Jeff Livingston

PS I hope nothing I said here feels bad to anyone who read those words. If you do feel bad, I apologize and will take full responsibility for my words and promise never to do it again....just like I did the last time.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Here's the problem.

Q. Who likes pool (in America)?

A. Old white men.

Q. Who uses AZB (in America)?

A. Old white men.

Q. Which demographic is shrinking fastest (in America)?

A. Old white men.

Q. Which demographic has the least sense of humour and is most intolerant of basically everything?

A. Yup, old white men.

The problem the board has is twofold: firstly, its client base is dying off, and secondly, the existing client base is discouraging new customers.

If i were the board's owners that is what i would be addressing, because in 10 year's time there will be no one left. The question is, do you pander to the old or appeal to the new?

Always with the group hate. Where ya been hiding?

Jeff, old white man, Livingston

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I've been saying for years that there are several posters that just love starting shit in threads that they have NO involvement in whatsoever, yet they still feel the need to keep voicing their unsolicited opinions even after they've been told they have no claim in the subject being discussed....yet when they are allowed to continue on in such manner, they ruin it for everyone else. We all for the most part know who they are, yet they are still allowed to continue posting. That is why threads are being removed now, instead of just placing a bann on those that continue to tear down the integrity of the threads.

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I completely agree. Unless the thread itself clearly has no other purpose except trolling, it shouldn't be removed at any cost. Blocking or banning people, maybe selectively deleting duplicate or trollish posts, but never removing the entire topic, EVEN if the OP himself starts trolling, breaking the rules or wrecking his own thread. Then ban him, but keep the useful material from the discussion.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just noticed the thread started by 'cleary' - named something like 'what is the need for pro pool' - went for quite a few pages- the whole thread was removed!

Why are some threads removed?

If it gets too crazy - maybe banning/censoring individuals would be better than eliminating the thread

My attitude is the some of us spend good time and efforts making posts. If they going to be discarded, why should we even participate? I believe there was a lot of intelligent information in the thread.

This is a minor rant - I'm suggesting maybe exercising a little better judgment on keeping some of the BS posters in line. If not I'm afraid AZ is going to alienate several of the on-point posters.

Comments? Or is this going to be another flame war?

For what it's worth, I'm about ready to take a break from posting. And it's caused by a few individuals who just can't quite grasp the idea we should all be promoting pool and making it bigger and better. Sure there are agendas and competition - but why can't we just agree to disagree?

Mark Griffin

Deleting threads has been going on here for years. A lot of good stuff gone in a puff of smoke.

I guess it's just an easy solution for AZ to whack an entire discussion, never mind that they most often contain well-thought out posts and interesting, informative discussions. It's discouraging and hurts the integrity of the site.

Lou Figueroa

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
moderators have a no win situation, they try to do their best

You're right, it happens all the time on forums, the moderators can't control people, especially if they're anonymous. It would be a good idea to make everyone use their correct name if possible.

For the most part the moderators have a no win situation, they try to do their best, however, they know it's impossible to please everyone. They are like NBA refs, they can't possibly see every foul, and they are only human.

Maybe this post from Facebook has something to do with it? I'm not sure who "wedge" is, but he sure was an unpleasant fella.

Because of people like this "wedge". Here you have a bona fide CHAMPION in CJ Wiley sharing stories, mental tips for gambling and playing, promoting his methods, telling people what pool is like from the champion's perspective and you have as**oles like wedgie ALLOWED to troll him.
Yes I say ALLOWED. Because that is exactly what is happening. Guys like this are allowed to attack ad hominem and "call out" pros essentially calling them liars without any sort of admonishment from the management.
And perhaps they wonder why more pros don't choose to post in that environment. Kudos to CJ for how well he handles these trolls. Definitely a better man than me in that regard. I'd have told Wedgie to kiss my a^^ and gotten banned for it, again.

lfigueroa;5028129[B said:
Deleting threads has been going on here for years.

Lou Figueroa

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Deleting threads has been going on here for years. A lot of good stuff gone in a puff of smoke.

I guess it's just an easy solution for AZ to whack an entire discussion, never mind that they most often contain well-thought out posts and interesting, informative discussions. It's discouraging and hurts the integrity of the site.

Lou Figueroa

It's not really AZ per se but Mr. Wilson. I would bet that 75% or more of the threads that get deleted (or moved to the mod forum where no one can see them), Mike H. doesn't even know about. It is just more of Mr. Wilson wanting to act like he has excessive power and wants to show it from time to time. Or if you single out one of his buddies, even if it is within the rules, he will take action.

I'm still ready to be a mod and my first order will to be to bring threads that were deleted wrongly back.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
don't make Mr. Wilson angry cuz "dyin ain't much of a living"

Just please, no matter what, don't make Mr. Wilson angry cuz "dyin ain't much of a living"

the-outlaw-josey-wales-saloon.jpg

It's not really AZ per se but Mr. Wilson. I would bet that 75% or more of the threads that get deleted (or moved to the mod forum where no one can see them), Mike H. doesn't even know about. It is just more of Mr. Wilson wanting to act like he has excessive power and wants to show it from time to time. Or if you single out one of his buddies, even if it is within the rules, he will take action.

I'm still ready to be a mod and my first order will to be to bring threads that were deleted wrongly back.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
And the great canadian comics are...? Very, very few canadians are actually funny, terry. Just sayin'...

Some may argue this point... Dan Aykroyd, Martin Short, Leslie Nielson, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, ...etc. A big list. Some funny, some corny, but rest assured it's a big list.

And one that towers above them all, Russell Peters. If you get a chance, Tim, check out Russell Peters. There are plenty of YouTube videos of him -- just pick any one.

-Sean

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
it was a solid thread, that unfortunately went sideways. i wish they had at least LOCKED it, and left it up.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I've recently had a thread disappear that had, IMO, much good debate that could have been beneficial to those that might have had an interest in that subject.

I think it is sort of like the BCA, that is a 'trade organization'.

It usually is about money in one way or another.

If a thread is not beneficial to an 'industry member' it might get deleted.

That said, some like CJ, are allowed to be 'targeted'. Perhaps CJ is not seen as an industry member but more of just a 'Pro Player'.

I guess it is perhaps dependent on how the particular 'industry member' handles it.

The squeaky wheel does seem to be the one that gets the grease.

To think that we are ALL equal here on AZB would certainly be faulty thinking.

Best Wishes for a Great New Year to Everyone & AZB Too.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you cant have people using their real names as stalkers come to them to easily. but certainly a valid email address should be required before posting. this way the mods can bar a person and its tougher for them to just come back in a new form.

have a policy of no personal attacks period. if you do that you get a time out the first time and then a big one the next. then banned for good.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've recently had a thread disappear that had, IMO, much good debate that could have been beneficial to those that might have had an interest in that subject.

I think it is sort of like the BCA, that is a 'trade organization'.

It usually is about money in one way or another.

If a thread is not beneficial to an 'industry member' it might get deleted.

That said, some like CJ, are allowed to be 'targeted'. Perhaps CJ is not seen as an industry member but more of just a 'Pro Player'.

I guess it is perhaps dependent on how the particular 'industry member' handles it.

The squeaky wheel does seem to be the one that gets the grease.

To think that we are ALL equal here on AZB would certainly be faulty thinking.

Best Wishes for a Great New Year to Everyone & AZB Too.

Nice post!

And too many people on here call for bannings because they cant stand someone disagreeing with them.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, it happens all the time on forums, the moderators can't control people, especially if they're anonymous. It would be a good idea to make everyone use their correct name if possible.

For the most part the moderators have a no win situation, they try to do their best, however, they know it's impossible to please everyone. They are like NBA refs, they can't possibly see every foul, and they are only human.

Maybe this post from Facebook has something to do with it? I'm not sure who "wedge" is, but he sure was an unpleasant fella.

And yet you use an anonymous post as your source quote.

There are always two sides. No reason the other side can't be heard just because it is opposite to your side. Just because it is opposite to your side, does not mean there isn't a lot of truth in it. ;)

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would also be nice if newcomers like myself felt free to post what they think.

I expect some bile-thrower will eventually form a hate-ship toward me, for reason or reasons unknown.

I again hit the "Submit Reply" button with trepidation.

Oh well, I can always unsubscribe, and go back to playing Solitaire.

Stick around and you will see who most of the helpful people are. I lurked for a long time and recently joined and I know exactly how you feel. I pm more than I tend to post now.