Dennis Orcollo with Meucci?

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the WCS One-Pocket stream and Dennis is wearing a Meucci patch/shirt? New sponsor or do I need my vision checked? If he is with Meucci they have one of the best. Meucci creating one hell of a stable just like the old days.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the WCS One-Pocket stream and Dennis is wearing a Meucci patch/shirt? New sponsor or do I need my vision checked? If he is with Meucci they have one of the best. Meucci creating one hell of a stable just like the old days.
Yep. He just signed on.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:canoodle:

Yep...been about a month now.

Going to boost the sales of new cues and old.

Time to get on board the Meucci train.

:thumbup:

:canoodle:

Yep...been about a month now.

Going to boost the sales of new cues and old.

Time to get on board the Meucci train.

:thumbup:

I am curious how Meucci is able to sponsor all of these players lately? Do they just get a free cue made by Meucci, or does Meucci pay for some or all of their tournament and travel expenses (not to mention building them a cue to their specs, for no charge)? Or, is the sponsorship similar to what SVB is getting with Cuetec cues (which is a yearly salary, for playing with their cues)? Just curious how Meucci is able to sponsor all of these great players? Is their sales (and profit margin) doing well enough to afford to sponsor all of these players? How many players are they sponsoring now? Just curious what all Meucci has to do for these players to get them to play for their cues? Maybe they do it just for a free cue. I do not know.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I must say, even though I've been shooting with the revo the last few months before that, I started using a BMC with a pro shaft & also an Ultimate Weapon shaft and they are no joke awesome as well. Those two shafts are amazing. Think people are scared to try them because of Bob's history lately. Bit in actuality if you look at all of the major champions of the past & present, Meucci cue sponsored players have to be ahead by a large margin. Don't forget when Earl was in his hay day winning all he did, he was with Meucci then.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must say, even though I've been shooting with the revo the last few months before that, I started using a BMC with a pro shaft & also an Ultimate Weapon shaft and they are no joke awesome as well. Those two shafts are amazing. Think people are scared to try them because of Bob's history lately. Bit in actuality if you look at all of the major champions of the past & present, Meucci cue sponsored players have to be ahead by a large margin. Don't forget when Earl was in his hay day winning all he did, he was with Meucci then.

I thought Earl was with cuetec for most of his prime

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious how Meucci is able to sponsor all of these players lately? Do they just get a free cue made by Meucci, or does Meucci pay for some or all of their tournament and travel expenses (not to mention building them a cue to their specs, for no charge)? Or, is the sponsorship similar to what SVB is getting with Cuetec cues (which is a yearly salary, for playing with their cues)? Just curious how Meucci is able to sponsor all of these great players? Is their sales (and profit margin) doing well enough to afford to sponsor all of these players? How many players are they sponsoring now? Just curious what all Meucci has to do for these players to get them to play for their cues? Maybe they do it just for a free cue. I do not know.

Whatever it is I bet they get crap. It's beautiful for the corporations in these situations because they have all the lawyers and experience. If pool players could afford agents then it would be another story. The agent would actually negotiate what the player's sponsorship is actually worth (like with actors in Hollywood movies for example). As it stands, players just get bent over... they make tons for the corporations and get next to nothing, guaranteed.

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever it is I bet they get crap. It's beautiful for the corporations in these situations because they have all the lawyers and experience. If pool players could afford agents then it would be another story. The agent would actually negotiate what the player's sponsorship is actually worth (like with actors in Hollywood movies for example). As it stands, players just get bent over... they make tons for the corporations and get next to nothing, guaranteed.

Pretty sure Dennis is doing fine in the Meucci deal. He's Filipino, as a fellow Asian I'll tell you we are the least hustled race. He knows what he's worth lol. Plus I think Meucci's sales have jumped lately especially in the Asian market after getting kevin. I don't think Dennis would leave tiger for a worse deal. Also FYI agents (good ones anyway) work off of commission they don't directly get paid by their client.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Bob is going for a replay. Early on he had Pros like Rempe, Hall, Howard, Hubert, Massey Strickland, and a few others, as well as tons of other top players swearing by his cues. If he gets 5 or 10 TOP players now, his sales should explode, wiping out any financial troubles that may or may not exist!

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I wwould take my old meucci 333 over ANY cue I have ever played with.
Jason

Keep laughing all you non playin suckers.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thank you for this. I acted as Dennis' agent for the Tiger deal and advised him on his contract with Meucci. Trust me, he has a good contract that is lucrative for him, a fitting deal for one of the world's top players.
By the way, he liked his Tiger cues, although it took him some time to adjust to playing with them. He loves his new Meucci cues and is already playing better than he did before. I guess that part is obvious.:D

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for this. I acted as Dennis' agent for the Tiger deal and advised him on his contract with Meucci. Trust me, he has a good contract that is lucrative for him, a fitting deal for one of the world's top players.
By the way, he liked his Tiger cues, although it took him some time to adjust to playing with them. He loves his new Meucci cues and is already playing better than he did before. I guess that part is obvious.:D

Which Meucci shaft is he using? The Pro?

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

Pro players will be "Cutting Cards" for your services!!!

Based on how well you have helped Orcollo over the years. Any idea who Tiger will sponser next??? Rodney Morris, Shuff and Bergman may benefit from the vacancy. They are the only 3 mosconi cup players around not signed to Meucci and cuetec! Some players are cue sensitive and won't take a sponsor for fear of hurting their game. I think Oscar is that way? Sadly, Tiger lost its golden goose!!!

KD

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Model? Shaft?

Anybody know which one he's using? Just curious. Guess i'll ask Daniel during the stream to ask him.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a cue maker sponsors a player they will generally tune the equipment to the player's request. The players don't just play off the rack

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Interesting to read that it took some time for Dennis to get adjusted to a tiger cue but he likes his meucci and is playing better than ever.

I always believed it was the Indian and not the arrow....although there were 2 cues out of the 3 dozen or so that I have owned that took some time adjusting fo. I wound up going through several tips on both of those cues to he them to where I was kinda happy with them.