Deuel "Excited" About IBSF World Snooker Experience

You always have some silly remark about how snooker is better, or american's cant play as well as Euro's. If Corey does well in snooker, it would prove you have no idea what you're talking about, and are in fact, just running off at the mouth.

You are, and always will be a barker, not a biter. I remember the thread in which you and V.O.R. were going on and on about how "American can't cue a ball." You didn't even have to stones to back up your loud mouth, and bet $20 on your Euro squad at the Mosconi.

Pathetic is perfect for you. You should make your next screen name Pathetic Troll, or Sad Snookers...

Either way, you've already made your excuses about Corey in that tourney, and he hasn't even won it yet. (I do hope he wins, no matter how bleek it may look. Corey has unreal talent!) I hope Corey catches fire in the snooker world. I'll just giggle every time I hear how well Corey is doing even though he is a lowly pool player...

See ya Pathetic Shark/troll, back on the ignore list until Corey wins this.

Lol. I don't think you understand what you are saying, but never mind. And what if Corey (swoon) doesn't win this event? What if this crack bunch of 8 year old amateurs slaughter your hero?

Are you going to man up then? Or will you just disappear back into the ether, awaiting the next time you can pick a fight on a baseless premise?

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Lol. I don't think you understand what you are saying, but never mind. And what if Corey (swoon) doesn't win this event? What if this crack bunch of 8 year old amateurs slaughter your hero?

Are you going to man up then? Or will you just disappear back into the ether, awaiting the next time you can pick a fight on a baseless premise?

I doubt Corey will lose out of his group, but who knows. You'll never see me "disappear back into the ether." As there is no ether that I came from, you're the troll who feeds on keyboard fights.

I'm not saying Corey is going to take over the snooker world. I'm saying if he wins, you will have some excuse why it doesn't matter. (Which you've already done.)

As I said before you are nothing but a troll. I will not feed you anymore unless Corey wins this.

Good day sir.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
.... If Corey does well in snooker, it would prove you have no idea what you're talking about, and are in fact, just running off at the mouth.

That is a very big IF imo. I suspect that Corey will not get out of his round-robin.

Dave

I doubt Corey will lose out of his group, but who knows. You'll never see me "disappear back into the ether." As there is no ether that I came from, you're the troll who feeds on keyboard fights.

I'm not saying Corey is going to take over the snooker world. I'm saying if he wins, you will have some excuse why it doesn't matter. (Which you've already done.)

As I said before you are nothing but a troll. I will not feed you anymore unless Corey wins this.

Good day sir.

Lol.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome that Corey is going over to take on snooker world for a change instead of snooker players constantly coming over to shake up pool world (eg. Alison Fisher, Appleton).
Realistically, Corey should be very happy with top 64 finish even though this is amateur tourney. I mean except for the 8 year old in his group all the other guys are not really easy pickings with competition breaks higher than Corey. So really getting out of his group into the knockout stage is an achievement
Prizemoney for winner is peanuts less than $10K so Corey should take this all as practice and learning experience and enjoy himself.
Past winners include well known stars like Jimmy White, Ken Doherty, James Wattan, Maguire.
Efren took up snooker in a short span of time and surprisingly won gold at his first snooker tournament South East Asian Games few decades ago. That like this IBSF World are amateur tourneys. With the mega bucks prizemoney in pro snooker even Efren did not go full time into snooker. Go figure.:grin-square:

Appleton plays Snooker? I thought his background was English 8 ball?

KMRUNOUT

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, I felt like Corey shouldn't even have been allowed to play in this amateur event. I don't quite understand what the point of this is? Other than getting a free trip out of it, does he want to become one of the top 100 AMATEUR players in the world?

Really, allowing a full time cueist to compete along side guys that work day jobs seems a bit strange.

Call me a party pooper if you want.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like I didn't totally understand the definition of amateur. I should have read Cameron's post first. This makes more sense to me now.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think this is awesome, snooker and 1pocket are the best games for showcasing defensive skills and corey is 1 of the most creative player in pool behind efren but i think he will find the intl competition not to his liking, the us championship had very few centuries ran and this event will be a couple levels up in competition, maybe he will get beat and it'll motivate him to play more snooker and see what a world class pool player can really do on a snooker table

corey is the kinda guy that just needs a lil motivation to do pretty much anything he wants

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
That is a very big IF imo. I suspect that Corey will not get out of his round-robin.

Dave

That depends on how many players from the group advance. He just might make it out of there if they're allowing top 3. Not likely he'll get by the guy's from China or Wales, but there's a Mongolian, Ukrainian, and some other guy in the mix.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appleton plays Snooker? I thought his background was English 8 ball?

KMRUNOUT

Most players today succeed in one game in the wonderful world of pocket billiards. I remember Niels Feijen touring the East Coast, and he got into action at a local pool room. He had no idea how to play one-pocket, as an example. Interestingly, this is the game he chose to gamble on, which I thought was kind of cool. It was a cheap set for $100, I think, but I admired him wanting to play a game other than what he excelled in. At the next table to where he was gambling, his then-girlfriend (now wife) Katrina was in action with a local playing straight pool for a cheap sets. It was a cool night in the pool room to see these games unfold. I enjoyed it. :)

When action was prevalent, before the advent of the Internet, road players would travel from coast to coast looking for a game. They'd usually walk into a pool room blind, not knowing who the local pro was that would be their mark. Because of the diversity of pool games at that time, a good road man played ALL GAMES, so he could get in action. I like the fact that Darren Appleton can play more than one game; in other words, he's *not* a one-trick pony. :wink:

The first time Keith and I were in a pool room with a snooker table, he was trying to get in action, but nobody wanted to play him. A local said he'd play him some snooker for $100 a game. Keith couldn't get to the table fast enough and replied, "Let's get down."

I had never seen a "real" snooker game played, much less see Keith play snooker. I asked him had he ever played it before, and he said, "It's been a while." Unbeknowst to me, Keith grew up with a snooker table in California, where all the action men would get in ring games, so he knew the equipment, but did he know the game? I sure as heck didn't.

Well, I soon learned the difference between the traditional 8-ball and the black ball with the most points in snooker. :grin-square: Team McCready won a few C-notes before his opponent pulled up. I still can't get over how good Keith plays snooker.

In pool these days, it is essential to have a collection of different shots in your pool-shooting arsenal, to know them well, but in years gone by, it was essential to have a collection of different games in your pool repertoire if you wanted to survive. Let's not forget that Corey may be young in age, but he is a seasoned pro. :wink:

I think you are saying that pool is an easier game with players of a lower skill level than snooker players. World class snooker players have played in pro-level pool events. They haven't outclassed the pool players as you are implying that they would. They haven't even won. I assume you have an explanation for that.

Whilst I broadly agree with what you think I'm saying, what I'm actually saying is everybody would be playing snooker if they were good enough.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Island Forum
http://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=275&t=4960

One UK woman not playing because of the financial demands of international competition.

Which leads to a question asked over in the Snooker section:
What happens if Deuel wins?

Going on the pro circuit is expensive.
Check out the the tournament calendar and locations.
http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Tournaments/FullCalendar
Plus you need a UK home base to practice, and probably a management company to handle all the details.

Does Corey have an angel?

Last edited: