Did Niels Feijen's Cue Contact the Cueball?

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue ball definitely hit his stick. The cue ball was definitely not going to scratch.

Question... is there anyone here who would call that foul on an opponent. I know I wouldn't. I had it happen recently where my opponent picked up a moving cueball after making the nine ball and it was close to scratching, but I kept my mouth shut.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue ball definitely hit his stick. The cue ball was definitely not going to scratch.

Question... is there anyone here who would call that foul on an opponent. I know I wouldn't. I had it happen recently where my opponent picked up a moving cueball after making the nine ball and it was close to scratching, but I kept my mouth shut.

:D

This would make a good poll.:thumbup::thumbup:

Maybe it would show a difference between integrity, poor sport, bad sport, jerk, cheater, and a bunch of other names widely used on AZBilliards and the billiard world.:wink:

Maybe we can find out what's really wrong with pool or the people who play.:eek:

Could make a very funny and not so funny poll.:sorry:

LOL...a rule is a rule.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Even if a foul was called and the nine ball spotted and cueball was in hand I would think the incoming player might of missed it on purpose to show what class was left. ...
That seems like a reasonable course for the incoming player but I think the people betting on that player in the match would feel let down.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That seems like a reasonable course for the incoming player but I think the people betting on that player in the match would feel let down.

:rotflmao1:

Oh yeah...forgot they were in Vegas.

Wow...didn't even think of the betting part.:eek:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any player would have to keep playing to win it's not their fault he fouled it's the same as if he scratched that's the classy way to deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Ken, what did you score on the class A test? That thing is a bear!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, as you should know it is more of a process than a single test. The business exams were fairly easy but I have no idea what I scored on them. I attended them in 1985 in New Orleans. In fact, I don't remember much of anything from that week! I imagine due to my state of mind during the mornings my scores just barely passed....but I do know I passed since I didn't have to do it twice! lol

Ken

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

I agree it Q ball was not going to drop but it just seems doing anything to change the path of the Q ball is a bad habit. What happens when it is questionable where the Q ball is going and it gets interrupted?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any player would have to keep playing to win it's not their fault he fouled it's the same as if he scratched that's the classy way to deal with it.

:shakehead:

There would be nothing classy about taking a win with something so stupid.

The classy thing would be to shake hands and say great shooting guys....

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:shakehead:

There would be nothing classy about taking a win with something so stupid.

The classy thing would be to shake hands and say great shooting guys....

a foul is a foul it doesnt matter if you agree and any player who doesn't play to win isn't classy if the player had of scratched it would be the same, should they have said it was close enough take the win?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a foul is a foul it doesnt matter if you agree and any player who doesn't play to win isn't classy if the player had of scratched it would be the same, should they have said it was close enough take the win?

:grin:

Have to add that one to the poll.

Is it classy to win no matter how you win....

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Let's be honest......

What if it meant winning or losing the tournament and a prize of $100,000.00 and you had a family to support? (And you knew that second place was zero)

JoeyA

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A foul is a foul. Any Pro Sport would have called a foul reguardless of the score. We see it all the time. Even when a time clock is involved, football basketball whatever the sport. It would not have made a difference on the final score, but it should have been called and the Ref would be well within their right to call it.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not letting the cb come to a complete stop happens all the time. Especially when the cb is no where in the vicinity of a pocket and is still slow rolling and guys would pick up the ball to start racking. No way it should be called. IMO

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:grin:

Have to add that one to the poll.

Is it classy to win no matter how you win....

The incoming player didn't cheat and the ref called a foul so how is it not classy? If the cue ball was headed for the pocket would it be different? What if this was the first game of the match and not the last should they give up that game as well? This isn't something I would have called against my opponent but if a ref was present and called it I'm smashing the nine in in a hurry and not looking back or feeling bad.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
What if it meant winning or losing the tournament and a prize of $100,000.00 and you had a family to support? (And you knew that second place was zero)

JoeyA

For 100,000 dollars and no 2nd place price, I bet Niels keeps his stick off the table and holds his breath
until the cue ball stops dead.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For 100,000 dollars and no 2nd place price, I bet Niels keeps his stick off the table and holds his breath

:angry:

Oh thanks a lot for bringing in common sense. You just ruined everything....:)

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree it Q ball was not going to drop but it just seems doing anything to change the path of the Q ball is a bad habit. What happens when it is questionable where the Q ball is going and it gets interrupted?

Then you would see a big argument break out. I have seen many arguments in pool over rules.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

IDK, For $20,000 dollars, he didn't. :wink:
JoeyA

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

Exactly Creedo :)

and with *this posting* right at the beginning this thread would have been stopped immediatley.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a foul,loss of game. Its like when Mark Mcquire hit the homerun that broke the record, should never of counted either. When he was rounding first he missed the bag
and the coach on first base stepped on the field and told him to go back and touch it.

Rule have to be followed by everybody and that shouldn't of counted.