Earl and Meucci again..

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I want to Thank Everybody for their Best Wishes and kind words..It has been a rough few years for Earl.His game has suffered as well as his health.I know not everyone will wish him well and I dont have to say nice things about him because im not married to him anymore.I just want to say he is a GREAT person with abundance of talent and his biggest down fall has been himself .He told me a story about he was in the 8th grade in a math class and the teacher noticed he was doing something she asked Earl what are you doing He said "Im running out".Playing pool has been his life and when things start changing sometimes you dont know how to adjust..or to change with it.
Anyway Thank you everybody...

Thanks, what you have said here speaks volumes. We all go through rough times and we do our best to move on and get back to where we should be. I t sounds to me that YOU are also a great person I believe that you have done more for Earls fans then if he would have won the US open. Thanks for the insight that many of us would have never seen.

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
Lisa

Well Earl is going back to old school, cue and all. Maybe you and Earl should get remarried, Lisa........LOL

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
i have faith in earl he is back! i cant believe these rumours that he wont be on the mosconi cup team! i believe it when i see it in black and white...

I asked him about that today and he said that its ok.personally i think it is ashame hes been in more than anyone and his record there has been great.hey but its ok and their choice..Go USA

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
Thanks, what you have said here speaks volumes. We all go through rough times and we do our best to move on and get back to where we should be. I t sounds to me that YOU are also a great person I believe that you have done more for Earls fans then if he would have won the US open. Thanks for the insight that many of us would have never seen.

Thank you I just believe in him and know him well enough to stand by him good and bad...

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
not in Earls case he played with the cues just like they were sold off the shelf...

I have a white Cuetec that I won in a raffle in Winston Salem in 1997 when Earl was doing an exibition at Cue n Spirits. Earl shot the exibition with it that day. It was right off the shelf. Fiberglass shaft and all....I shot with that cue for four or five years. It developed a crack in the fiberglass in the shaft. In 2002 or 2003 Earl was shooting at Breakers in Greensboro. My friend calls me to tell me....I tell him to ask Earl if he has a shaft that he would sell... for my Cuetec I won from him. Earl says "Cuetec right" and GIVES him the shaft for me. Earl is good dude. I will always be a fan of his.... And that shaft I still have, it is wood, no fiberglass and has the " Earl taper". about 11.7mm and 25 in taper. I now have a Joss with the shaft tapered the same way. I'll never get rid of that stick. GO EARL.........

Last edited:

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
Hey one step at a time..lol~

Gotcha Lisa......I wuz only joking anyhow. I have never met you, but just reading this whole thread with your responses, you are a special person to anyone not just Earl. I should be lucky to meet you one day on the tourny trail.
Goodnite Lisa,
Frankie

2_Fast_4_Fleas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well ask earl why he plays with his hand so far away from the cueball now? he didnt used to do it, just seems a little hard to be accurate when your left hand is 6 inches further away from the cueball now than it was in the 80's and 90's...just a observation :)

Roadie

Banned
first cuetec now meucci, this guy really knows how to pick em lol

You say that but Earl using those two cue brands amassed more major titles than any other player in the history of the game.

And Meucci and Cuetec cues have been used to win more titles than any other brand. So one can ridicule them but it's like ridiculing AOL when AOL has the most subscribers. They may not be your cup of tea but the success can't be argued with.

Mr. Strickland is without a doubt one of the top four pocket billiard players to have ever lived. Mr. Ardeno, would you provide confirmation or clarification of my assumption here?

His company includes, Willie Mosconi, Luther Lassiter, and Ralph Greenleaf.

There is not another player living who is even close to the amount of US Open and World Championship titles this man has won.

Personally, I would love to see Mr. Strickland return to form.

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
No this was simply a business move.Earl worked w/Bob Meucci for many years and won so many titles.I believe this will also bring his confidence back and his stroke..

I gotta say when I watched him before he went to cue-tec he was on fire, always playing amazing.

not sure if it means much

Last edited:

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I gotta say when he went to Cuetec is when he started slipping up.

He become a great player, not the best.

He needs to ditch the cue-tec cues, they might be shit or might be great... but for him he needs what he used to do , which is Lucasi I believe.

wow.....this post is so full of dumb I don't know where to start.

nichollss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to you Lisa

Lisa thank you for giving Earl the support he needs. Earl has always been my favorite player to watch and IMHO is the best 9 ball player ever to walk this earth. I would love to see him back into the spotlight and witness his amazing ability. Meucci was the first cue I owned and has always been a good cue. I hope Earl finds everything he thinks he has lost. Good luck to Bob and yourself for helping Earl.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
tduncan...Yes...Meucci was never in Biloxi. It has been in Olive Branch MS forever, which is just across the river from Memphis.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott, the Meucci plant moved from Olive Branch to Sledge, MS (which is farther from Memphis) in 1995. The company then moved again in November, 2006 to Byhalia, MS -- which is back fairly close to Memphis.

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Lol

I gotta say when he went to Cuetec is when he started slipping up.

He become a great player, not the best.

He needs to ditch the cue-tec cues, they might be shit or might be great... but for him he needs what he used to do , which is Lucasi I believe.

LMAO!
Uhm, he won ALOT with a Cuetec. ALOT.
Uhm, he WAS the best nineball player in the world, for quite a while.
Uhm, he hasn't played with Cuetec for a number of years now...been playing with a Gulyassy.
And uhm...lol, has the word "Lucasi" ever even been uttered from Earl's lips?

This is obviously from a guy that thinks the old truckdriver C-player thats teaching him to play right now, is the best player in the world? lol.

sly_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Earl didn't have nice words to say about Cuetec. I thought he said something like it was the worse thing for his career.

Why did he leave Meucci?

Hopefully, Earl will work with Meucci to improve designs and workmanship.
The old Meucci's and the new Meucci's are not the same.

The cue I have had the longest and won't get rid of it is a 91 Meucci, only 500 made. The new Meucci's are not made with sharp points like that anymore.

The new Black Dot shaft might be something better however. I actually like how the Black Dot shaft hits. I'm sure he will do better with a Meucci than a Cuetec.

What are the cues he has played with after Cuetec?

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The old Meucci's and the old Meucci's are not the same.

I think they are the same.

The new Meucci and the new Meucci are the same too...

LMFAO

Meucci cues are pretty a poor excuse for a cue. IMO the old ones were too for the most part. But alot of cues were bad then, and it seems that nostalga we like to say or think they were great cues. I have had probably 50 of them over the years and they werent much compared to most of the custom cues of today. Thats true of cars and alot of things too.

I giggle when I see folks say they had "one" that played great. IMO, they wouldnt know a great cue if they saw one.

Earl could or can play with any cue. So saying he plays great with a Meucci is in my opinion an insult to Earl and to anyone with a clue.

It isnt the arrow boys, its the indian.

Ken

Last edited:

sly_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are the same.

The new Meucci and the new Meucci are the same too...

LMFAO

ken

I don't know what you are talking about, doesn't show on my post... haha.. That's what I get for typing right after I wake up... or get home from drinking.