Ernie and Fats 1972

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Ernie Gutierrez has 3 walls in his office just covered with pictures from his 50 years of cue building. His wife has scrap books, some day when I'm feeling industrious, I'll show up with a scanner and build a website. I was over there today messing with him and slowing down his 50th Anniversary Cues.

This is Ernie and Fats at the (at that time) Elks in North Hollywood in about 1972, just before Ernie's first retirement.

ernfats.JPG
 
Ernie was Pimp, before Pimp was Pimp. He had the Shag with Swag.

Ricco capital SUAVE!

Even the photo stared me down. I'm helpless!

Even Fats is astonished.
 
Last edited:
Ernie was Pimp, before Pimp was Pimp. He had the Shag with Swag.

Ricco capital SUAVE!

Even the photo stared me down. I'm helpless!

Even Fats is astonished.

Ernie is a designer for sure and had some looks, really even now.

This pic is a cross between his "Serpico" stage and his "Oscar De La Renta" stage.

There are pics in that office that just crack me up. Every player you can imagine in in all of them, and The Ernie is always stylin'.
 
Being Ginacue (11c, 17c,17a & 1964 8pt) person and a fan of Ernie's, thanks for the picture Kevin.

Dale
 
Being Ginacue (11c, 17c,17a & 1964 8pt) person and a fan of Ernie's, thanks for the picture Kevin.

Dale

Dale

My pleasure.

I'm a fan or Ernie's also. He's a fascinating guy, great engineer and artisan.

My next pic will probably be from what I call his Oscar De La Renta period.

Wher;e Falls River Mills? It sounds like I want to live there.

Kevin
 
FR Mills, NE corner of Calif.. Now that I think about it, the 17c I got from you a couple yrs ago.
It,s for sale again.
Dale
 
FR Mills, NE corner of Calif.. Now that I think about it, the 17c I got from you a couple yrs ago.
It,s for sale again.
Dale

Dale

I'm thinking NW corner or thereabouts. i want coastal or close but I don't want to (can't afford) pay SoCal prices.

17C? Gosh their values just plummeted. Its the cue market, blah blah blah.

LOL.

Sending you a PM

Kevin
 
LOL! Neither one of them aged since then. Just different clothes and haircut.

Thing about it is, Ernie could still fit in that suit. I can't get near clothes I wore 10 years ago, let alone 40. He gets in that shop and gets involved and Luce has to call him to remind him to eat.
 
Thing about it is, Ernie could still fit in that suit. I can't get near clothes I wore 10 years ago, let alone 40. He gets in that shop and gets involved and Luce has to call him to remind him to eat.

That's what I'm saying. Fats looked old even back then and Ernie still looks fit and has all his hair today. I hate him! :grin-square:
 
Ernie was one cool cat back in the day and he looks resplendent in this double breasted suit. Notice the stitching around the cuff buttons. This ain't some off the rack kind of suit. Even dressed to the nines he is as humble as a church mouse, I am sure..
 
All he needed to finish the ensemble was a pair of white patent leather shoes! who knows, maybe he had them on.
 
That's what I'm saying. Fats looked old even back then and Ernie still looks fit and has all his hair today. I hate him! :grin-square:

Fats tho having never drank or smoked his entire life, lived till he was eighty six years old. Not many fat people live that long, Ever. Serpico....nailed it for me.
 
Back
Top