Farewell my Brother "Bank on!"

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
This was read for me by Angle Levine, at the gathering of friends and family to celebrate Freddy's life.

On this day, the 20th of June, I start the celebration of another year of my life. In contrast we are all here to celebrate Freddy’s life in passing. Freddy has been my oldest and closest friend for more than a half of a century. We met in "Bensingers" Clark Diversey Billiards, around 1963; I was 18 years of age. Freddy took me under his wing, and treated like a younger brother, even at that young age we had an immediate connection and friendship! Even at his young age at that time, Freddy had an air of self confidence that NO ONE else in the pool room seemed to possess! I admired the way HE handled himself, his dress and soon to find out the vast knowledge and constant burning for knowledge he strived for relating to the game of pool. Freddy was the most knowledgeable player I’ve ever known, He was anal, but he always came up with the correct answer. Thank God, he has left a minute fraction of his vast knowledge for ALL time for generations to share. We can ALL be thankful of that.

Throughout the years Freddy and I shared many adventures together, whether it was in the pool room, on the road, escapades I won’t reveal, also in business together or just sitting around cutting up jackpots about at that time the present and in recent years of our many exploits together of the past.

Since I moved to Florida 10 years ago, Freddy and I always made it a point to stay in touch by phone at least once a day. In these recent years we confided in each other more and more about personal matters, I guess we both finally felt we both were not as invincible as we thought in our younger days. Especially since the last few years, We’ve already lost SO many of our fellow cueist, So it seemed we wanted to feel the need to grab hold of any time we could to communicate with each other, because you just don’t know! And that’s why we’re all here today.

His sudden passing is not only a shock, but, a devastating blow to me personally. I lost my lifelong friend, mentor and in my heart, my brother. His admiration for a game which he gave his life to goes without saying. The many, many friends he made and opponents he played along his journey through pool, knew who Freddy really was. A guy that told it like it is, played all comers, and was first and foremost a GREAT family man and Great friend as well.

So Freddy, I will miss your voice in our morning calls, our recipe swapping and the plans you so energetically spoke about recently, concerning your way overdue newly found national media fame. I couldn’t be more proud of what you’ve accomplished in life.

With God willing, please save a table for me, (3 Cushion) of course with ALL our family and friends that have gone before us. I’m sure you’re right in the mix of things already.

Your loving friend to my end, till we start our best journey together to come. Billy


Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Last edited:
Touched

I was very touched by your words and know how it is to lose a life long friend. When someone passes on it is natural to offer condolences to their family , but many times as in your case friends of the deceased also need them. My condolences to you on having lost your life long friend. Having gone thru this I know there is not anything else I can say.
 
This was read for me by Angle Levine, at the gathering of friends and family to celebrate Freddy's life.

On this day, the 20th of June, I start the celebration of another year of my life. In contrast we are all here to celebrate Freddy’s life in passing. Freddy has been my oldest and closest friend for more than a half of a century. We met in "Bensingers" Clark Diversey Billiards, around 1963; I was 18 years of age. Freddy took me under his wing, and treated like a younger brother, even at that young age we had an immediate connection and friendship! Even at his young age at that time, Freddy had an air of self confidence that NO ONE else in the pool room seemed to possess! I admired the way HE handled himself, his dress and soon to find out the vast knowledge and constant burning for knowledge he strived for relating to the game of pool. Freddy was the most knowledgeable player I’ve ever known, He was anal, but he always came up with the correct answer. Thank God, he has left a minute fraction of his vast knowledge for ALL time for generations to share. We can ALL be thankful of that.

Throughout the years Freddy and I shared many adventures together, whether it was in the pool room, on the road, escapades I won’t reveal, also in business together or just sitting around cutting up jackpots about at that time the present and in recent years of our many exploits together of the past.

Since I moved to Florida 10 years ago, Freddy and I always made it a point to stay in touch by phone at least once a day. In these recent years we confided in each other more and more about personal matters, I guess we both finally felt we both were not as invincible as we thought in our younger days. Especially since the last few years, We’ve already lost SO many of our fellow cueist, So it seemed we wanted to feel the need to grab hold of any time we could to communicate with each other, because you just don’t know! And that’s why we’re all here today.

His sudden passing is not only a shock, but, a devastating blow to me personally. I lost my lifelong friend, mentor and in my heart, my brother. His admiration for a game which he gave his life to goes without saying. The many, many friends he made and opponents he played along his journey through pool, knew who Freddy really was. A guy that told it like it is, played all comers, and was first and foremost a GREAT family man and Great friend as well.

So Freddy, I will miss your voice in our morning calls, our recipe swapping and the plans you so energetically spoke about recently, concerning your way overdue newly found national media fame. I couldn’t be more proud of what you’ve accomplished in life.

With God willing, please save a table for me, (3 Cushion) of course with ALL our family and friends that have gone before us. I’m sure you’re right in the mix of things already.

Your loving friend to my end, till we start our best journey together to come. Billy


Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Thanks Billy, I had a great journey through life with Freddy. We would see each other in various parts of the country and just take up right where we left off, be it a month or years apart. His passing is affecting me a lot more than some others who have gone before him. Freddy had a way of bonding with you that made you feel special. He was the special one all along!
 
A very touching eulogy for your Friend Bill.

I'm sure Freddy was listening to it and had a smile on his face.
 
RIP Freddy, thoughts towards family and friends. Reading the above statements so far and am sure more to come, gives a great inside hint to what Freddy was all about. Great Job Mr. Bill Smith and I easily sense the honor in the way you portray your good friend. Thank You For sharing as I am sure it's not easy at this time.
 
My prayers and thoughts go out to Freddies family and many friends. Thanks for the wonderful time I always have when reading your recounts of past encounters whithin our sport. Thanks for always having the time to chat for a minute or two when I would get to see you at the Derby. Thanks for helping us to see the sometimes eye watering humor in this world.
Take care all...
 
Freddy will be missed! we talked off and on through emails. A tremendous asset of pool if you asked me! May god bless him!
 
I want to thank everyone that replied and for the PM's sent to me with their condolences for Freddy's family and close friends.
It has been truly appreciated more than I can express.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Back
Top