Fatboy Challenge and One Pocket Challenge at DCC

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
2010 Derby City. There will be a Fatboy Challenge Ten Ball tournament again, featuring the best players who are there. And we will also be doing the One Pocket Challenge again this year. The One Pocket Challenge will be held in the AZ/OnePocket room just like last year. Come on down and sweat it!

I am once again asking for donations to go to the added money for the One Pocket Challenge. We have $1,000 already. We will acknowledge all the people who help to make this event successful, and a $100 donation will get you one free turn at The Challenge. You can have someone else (Efren) shoot for you.

Hope to see you there!
 
Hey Jay...

Tell us the story about that One Pocket prop bet that you made with Pagulayan last year.....

:D :D :D

Russ
 
Hey Jay...

Tell us the story about that One Pocket prop bet that you made with Pagulayan last year.....

:D :D :D

Russ

Thanks for bringing it up Russ. I bet Alex $500 that he couldn't do a 40 or better in three tries. He shot a 28 and a 32 on the first two tries. On his third try he had exactly 25 after four turns (you get five). He somehow managed to run all 15 on his last turn, making one spectacular shot after another. Are you happy now Russ? :rolleyes:

If anyone can beat Gabe's 60, he will get a $1,000 bonus!
 
Thanks for bringing it up Russ. I bet Alex $500 that he couldn't do a 40 or better in three tries. He shot a 28 and a 32 on the first two tries. On his third try he had exactly 25 after four turns (you get five). He somehow managed to run all 15 on his last turn, making one spectacular shot after another. Are you happy now Russ? :rolleyes:

If anyone can beat Gabe's 60, he will get a $1,000 bonus!

I beat it today in my basement. I have paypal. :wink:
 
What's the entry to the Fatboy Challenge - is there added money - who has signed up already - who is eligible to sign up?
 
What's the entry to the Fatboy Challenge - is there added money - who has signed up already - who is eligible to sign up?

And most important. What dates? Will it be in the beginning of the event so players that will go for the Team Championship in Germany can atleast play the Fatboy 10-challenge?
 
Greg and I are still discussing the Fatboy Challenge. It will allow time for players who are going to Europe. The entry at this time is $1,000 (could be lowered to $500 this year) with a minimum of $4,000 added. It is open to anyone, with a limit of sixteen players.
 
Thanks for bringing it up Russ. I bet Alex $500 that he couldn't do a 40 or better in three tries. He shot a 28 and a 32 on the first two tries. On his third try he had exactly 25 after four turns (you get five). He somehow managed to run all 15 on his last turn, making one spectacular shot after another. Are you happy now Russ? :rolleyes:

If anyone can beat Gabe's 60, he will get a $1,000 bonus!

I would pay $20 to have JUST that one rack on video. Absolutely the most incredible runout I have ever seen in my life.

I'd wager that it's the most incredible you've seen, as well? Remember that crazy bank he made when you thought his goose was cooked?

The most impressive thing was that he ran the last 7-8 balls in that runout while they were calling his for his next match. Lotta distraction there, but he brought it like a champeen!

Russ
 
Last edited:
I would pay $20 to have JUST that one rack on video. Absolutely the most incredible runout I have ever seen in my life.

I'd wager that it's the most incredible you've seen, as well? Remember that crazy bank he made when you thought his goose was cooked?

The most impressive thing was that he ran the last 7-8 balls in that runout while they were calling his for his next match. Lotta distraction there, but he brought it like a champeen!

Russ

Thanks for reminding me Russ. I'd like to forget about it if you don't mind. :eek:
 
Thanks for bringing it up Russ. I bet Alex $500 that he couldn't do a 40 or better in three tries. He shot a 28 and a 32 on the first two tries. On his third try he had exactly 25 after four turns (you get five). He somehow managed to run all 15 on his last turn, making one spectacular shot after another. Are you happy now Russ? :rolleyes:
Thanks for reminding me Russ. I'd like to forget about it if you don't mind. :eek:

So then you plan on forgettin that the Lion can bring it for the cashish?! (at least for Jay's cashish!)
 
Just to confirm - The One Pocket Challenge is on Jan. 23-25, from Noon to Midnite each day in the AZ/OnePocket room. We have $1,500 in added money at this time, but we would like to raise some more. We are still accepting donations. For a $100 donation you can also put a player in. :)

The Fatboy Challenge is on Jan. 26-28 and we have six to eight players entered already. Only the first sixteen will get in. Entry fee is $500 and the added money is $5,000! With a full field, first prize is $6,500. Ten Ball, SE, Race to Fifteen.
 
Call-ins for the Fatboy Challenge include: Alex P., Francisco B., Rodney M., Charlie Williams, Chris Bartram, Johnny Archer, Shane V.B., Corey D., John Schmidt, Stevie Moore and Shannon Murphy. Plus pretty certain Efren, John Morra and Dennis Hatch will be playing as well. That's fourteen players and we are only taking the first sixteen. I'll be there tomorrow to take sign-ups.

The first matches go off at 12 AM on Tuesday January 26. Or Midnite on the 25th, whichever you prefer to call it.
 
Last edited:
Is any of this, particularlyThe Fatboy Challenge, going to be streamed?


Good chance will get the finals on the Accu-Stats table. We had it there last year. I'm going to talk to Pat about possibly showing more, like one or two semis as well. It all depends on what he has scheduled.
 
Call-ins for the Fatboy Challenge include: Alex P., Francisco B., Rodney M., Charlie Williams, Chris Bartram, Johnny Archer, Shane V.B., Corey D., John Schmidt, Stevie Moore and Shannon Murphy. Plus pretty certain Efren, John Morra and Dennis Hatch will be playing as well. That's fourteen players and we are only taking the first sixteen. I'll be there tomorrow to take sign-ups.

The first matches go off at 12 AM on Tuesday January 26. Or Midnite on the 25th, whichever you prefer to call it.

That is a tough field man ! Should be nice to see the event on sight. Maybe next year I can manage to be there. Just a dream for now .......
 
Back
Top