Fedor over Bergman

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Fedor would be the favorite playing a long set of 10 ball against Filler right now. Fedor has a much better 10 ball break and I’d say Fedor has slightly better tactical play as well.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The match I want to see would be SVB vs Gorst. A race to 100 at Ten ball and a race to 50 at Ice fishing.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty much sums it up haha

Attachments

• 4E3D6BD0-338B-4F2D-8C91-FD7FE79CDEAB.jpeg
    4E3D6BD0-338B-4F2D-8C91-FD7FE79CDEAB.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 139

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read this a lot, and it makes me wonder why many of the international players, minus some of the asian players, spend an awful lot of time here playing, and many end up relocating here. I get that they have the Euro tour, but I remember someone on here saying how nobody gets rich playing the Eurotour...certainly not making the money the snooker players are making.

Is it because they receive support from the government? Just seems like if pro pool is dead for American players, it would be just as dead for the international players who spend several months out of the year here, or even move here permanently.

there are probably more american pool tables in new york city than in the whole of russia. more money to win, too.

fedor's success is the result of extreme dedication and practice. i don't think there have been any three players as devoted to all thing pool than the billiard brothers (gorst, dudanets, sershtan). as becoming to their generation they have documented their progress on youtube and facebook. an old article about these moscovite youngsters:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think he broke and ran over 40 times...I don't think anybody is gonna smoke him playing 9 ball. Let's not forget he's a world champion too. Also let's be honest....he could have beat Justin worse....he didn't play the same speed on day 3
SVB and Filler do that in 10-ball.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
SVB and Filler do that in 10-ball.
Dennis and SVB played a great 9 ball match and finished 120-119....neither performance would have been good enough to beat what Fedor is doing right now. Someone go look for the match stats and prove me wrong please

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis and SVB played a great 9 ball match and finished 120-119....neither performance would have been good enough to beat what Fedor is doing right now. Someone go look for the match stats and prove me wrong please

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Break-and-run games -- on all breaks:

Orcollo -- 55 of 119 (46%)
Van Boening -- 54 of 119 (45%)
Total -- 109 of 238 (46%)

Hmmmm......
Filler broke and ran some 40% on Aranas in their 10B match at Roy's.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hmmmm......
Were they breaking from the box? I can't remember.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

Hmmmm......
Fedor was somewhere around 49% after day 1. Anyone know where he finished up on break and run games?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Maybe so, but we all knew at the time that Shane was coming off a long layoff, which is why more than a few on the forum picked Dennis in that one, despite the fact that Shane has owned him over the years. Using that match to assess SVB's playing speed is really not fair to Shane.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats my point...it felt like he broke and ran at that high a clip EASILY...there isn't too many people that can fade that. I think people still are under rating him...in this moment he's on another level.
I’m with you. Right now the list of betting favorites against Gorst is extremely small. I‘m talking 2 or 3 cats.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I’m with you. Right now the list of betting favorites against Gorst is extremely small. I‘m talking 2 or 3 cats.
Yup, and the list is getting even smaller. Best of all, Fedor will be old enough to play in the next Derby City Classic, as he'll turn 21 this May.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The match I want to see would be SVB vs Gorst. A race to 100 at Ten ball and a race to 50 at Ice fishing.
I've never been ice fishing but a friend of mine who enjoys it has made the comment "ice fishing is all about the beer."