FEEL IN AIMING

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This ties in nicely with the beat down dquarasr took above. There are plenty of rookie players in the "testimonial" thread who love all these great things CTE does for them, but when a guy of similar ablility like dquarasr comes along he's told he's not good enough to use CTE yet. lol.
Don’t you think it kinda funny he wrote that review after watching just one of the videos? He’s obviously being coached on what to write. Some of the things he wrote aren’t even associated with that video.

phreaticus

This ties in nicely with the beat down dquarasr took above. There are plenty of rookie players in the "testimonial" thread who love all these great things CTE does for them, but when a guy of similar ablility like dquarasr comes along he's told he's not good enough to use CTE yet. lol.
Yeah, that was quite the warm welcome from the CTE ambassadors. Among the many obvious hilarious attributes on display, one thing I've noticed is that the wonder twins literally have literally zero original things to say - everything is just repetitive dogma gibberish that has been posted for decades. The need to demonize and bash literally anyone & everyone who may have even the slightest dissenting opinion from Stan - is really a bit disturbing and should be a rather obvious sign to anyone. Also a healthy dose of paranoia it seems… Honestly, their behavior reflects some personality disorder/mental health issues - so maybe we should respectfully just stop antagonizing them and offer empathy, like when a senile old uncle visits.

@dquarasr - If you really want to get the essence of CTE, IMO its much better to start with Hal Houle's original humble writeup on 3-angle. The “magical nature” of the 3 angles & "secrets of the pros" stuff sort of sets the tone for the decades of self referencing mystique & elitism from the sycophants that has followed, but the essence of using the center & edges of the CB to aim at quarter ball fractions and secondary parallel reference aiming lines - are indeed quite useful tools, and will get you very close to the shotline. There are also some decent YT vids from "neutral" non whackjob sources that do a decent job explaining the basics - Lil Chris seems a nice mellow guy and did a few vids on it that shows the basics pretty efficiently & non confrontationally

From there the faith devolves a bit into a convoluted world of pivoting and all sorts of things associated with fine tuning to the actual shot line, which are the obvious main issues that CTE has struggled with through all of its various versions, which you have correctly sniffed out. There are other, simpler, better ways (IMO) to skin the cat using these same tools, but I have found that all these systems require significant time at the table to develop along with deep introspection into one's own game. That can obviously be said for anyone pursuing the game at a high level. CTE is a fine visual tool, among many available, but the freakish cult like perspectives from most of the tribe has apparently become just one of the many quirky, interesting things about pool culture.

Cheers ✌️

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
LMAO. dquarasr is no rookie and no C- player. He's been around pool for a long time and not who he pretends to be with that alias.

And as far as you go, you're a total liar and shit starter like you always are by posting that he was told he's not good enough to use CTE yet. After he watched the video, HE was the one that started knocking CTE. But he didn't need to knock the video because he knew what it and CTE was about a long time ago.

It has no bearing on CTE, where it is and where it's going. YOU, PJ and the latest new boneheads posting in here now have no influence on the current state of CTE and where it's headed. It hasn't been stopped since Hal made his first post in 1997, nowhere in between, and certainly not now with thousands of pool players in this country and all over the world using it and happily involved. It just keeps growing and getting better.

So, keep up the futile work with as many goofballs as you can like you and PJ with sleepless nights thinking about what you can post next that's going to change everything and reverse its course. It's not going to do a damn bit of good because the train left the station a good while back while you were whining and crying. Didn't thwart anything then and certainly not going to now.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Not likely.
We definitely know you'll always be posting negatively and don't know a damn thing about it.
Yes, you're a real Ghandi.
Nope, just a working stiff who plays pool and has a respect for the people who worked hard in creating it.
If you stop posting the insanity will be gone.
Not hardly. It started way before I was even a member. You were a part of it, and I'll repeat what I said above...you don't even know a damn thing about it.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The PBIA’s mission is to provide quality billiard instruction to individuals at all levels of proficiency, as well as offer training and certification programs for those wishing to become qualified billiard instructors.

PBIA Program Overview

The PBIA Instructor program is dedicated to:

• Training and certifying individuals to become professional quality billiard instructors.
  • Supporting and assisting PBIA instructors in their business of providing instruction services.
PBIA Instructor Code of Conduct

This is the standard by which all PBIA instructors provide services to students and commit to continuous improvement.

#7: I will refrain from making disparaging remarks and false statements about fellow PBIA INSTRUCTORS, their PUBLISHED WORK, the staff supporting the program OR THE PROGRAM IN GENERAL.

My primary obligation is to help my students improve their playing skills and gain a greater understanding of the game.
  • My instruction techniques will incorporate effective, positive teaching techniques.
  • I will conduct my instruction in accordance with my level of certification and/or my knowledge and ability.
  • I will maintain high professional standards in all aspects of instruction.
  • To ensure that instructional behavior is not misunderstood, situations that require some physical guidance properly position a student’s body will be preceded by a full explanation and a request for permission.
  • I will continuously strive to advance my instructional skills training materials.
  • I will refrain from making disparaging remarks and false statements about fellow PBIA Instructors, their published work, the staff supporting the program or the program in general.
  • I will contribute to the development and success of the PBIA.
  • I will seek the permission of the BCA, the organizing body of the PBIA, prior to using the PBIA logo/brand for any commercial or promotional purposes that would lead the general public to believe the PBIA is endorsing or supporting the effort being undertaken by the PBIA Instructor.
If you experience any PBIA Instructors not following the Code of Conduct as stated above please feel free to let us know at rob@pbia-instructor.com or 303.243.5070 x23, and we will address you concerns with you.

I have no hesitancy in doing this and it's well deserved and overdo.
Not sure why you keep posting about reporting a PBIA instructor. I couldn't care less, personally. Last I checked nobody arguing in this forum is a PBIA instructor.

phreaticus

I just saw this post from Phreaticus because I have him on IGNORE but it comes up when not logged in. Normally logging in is the first thing I do when coming here so it's been sitting for a number of days like the Hope Diamond all by itself. Well, the Hope Diamond has been found thanks to what HE thought was a good thing to do to make himself look like the genius that he's NOT and a true blood brother till death to the anti-CTE clan. Thank you DUMBASSTICUS!

I know who "dquarasr" is, and with a Ph.D. HE knows that I know based on some of the "clues" I gave in my posts to him.
Actually, they weren't clues. It should have been like getting hit in the head with a mallet. Trying to deny it at this point would be futile, so don't even try.

First of all, he isn't a C- player "NEWBIE" which was only thrown in there as part of the false identity. He also talks about Hal Houle's written 3-Angle method, https://billiards.colostate.edu/faq/aiming/hal-houle/, conveniently stored on Dr. Dave's website. Why? Because they're best of buddies and have been for years since they both see pool from the same perspective of math and science. Why? Because he met Hal and was around him 25-30 years ago. He didn't believe Hal then and belittled it and still does with Stan and others who are pro players and certified instructors now. WTF is wrong with this picture and this one-man personal vendetta? Quite sick from an educated man like he is.

Then he refers to users of the system as freakish cult like perspectives from most of the tribe. As far as I'm concerned,
freakish cult like perspectives from most of the tribe can just as accurately apply to the ANTI-CTE whack jobs on here who have been doing it on various pool forums for 25 years, since Hal first posted the 3-angle method publicly.

Here's how this is going to work. Enough is enough. I should get in touch with the President of the PBIA and lay it all out there and let him do what he feels should be done. If nothing, so be it.

But I don't need to be on this website to unmask who and what this is all about nor does it matter if I'm banned, which I could see being pushed to squelch this entire fiasco. It won't stop anything one damn bit.

I also could say nothing. But only under one condition and stipulation and that is there is no more of this bullshit attacking of the aiming system, the person who developed it beyond Hal, and the users who should be able to discuss it like any other way to aim for pool.

Keep it up, and I'll do what I have to do, and it won't be a pretty picture for someone who has devoted a large part of his life to pool and respected by his peers and pool players. The double life and double identity will come to a halt one way or another.

My real quest is PEACE. None of this has to happen. Let it go, enjoy life, and let others do what they want to do and be happy.
No more of this insanity in the aiming forum of AZ.
This has to be one of the most hilarious posts on AZB. Surely its a prank, right?

I’m no expert in such things, but I think old Spidey might be suffering from some conditions associated with BPD & NPD. The good news is that there is treatment available. Wishing him well on his life journey.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
@Bob Jewett , does the PBIA support gimmickry in pool instruction?
The PBIA does not dictate how individual instructors teach. A common curriculum and related material is offered to instructors, but what they use from that is up to them.

Bob Jewett
Chairman, PBIA Instructors' Committee

Reactions: bbb

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The PBIA does not dictate how individual instructors teach. A common curriculum and related material is offered to instructors, but what they use from that is up to them.

Bob Jewett
Chairman, PBIA Instructors' Committee
So if I were to become PBIA certified I would be at liberty to teach my Jelly Bean Method (JBM) as a PBIA instructor?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typical that the guilty always return to the scene of the crime. You NEVER post in this forum. But here you are Bobby Boy. LOL

Yeah, I know what your claim is..."that wasn't me." But you know and I know it IS.
Wow, what a douche! I actually thought higher of you, Spider.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Wow, what a douche! I actually thought higher of you, Spider.
LMAO! What a bunch of crap. Anybody on Earth who uses CTE and defends it is MORE than a douche! Spit it all out!

(sorry guys, I gotta run for the rest of the day. Hold those thoughts and each other's hand)

phreaticus

Not sure why you keep posting about reporting a PBIA instructor. I couldn't care less, personally. Last I checked nobody arguing in this forum is a PBIA instructor.
Wait, I’m so confused. So Spidey thinks that the @dquarasr guy is actually a sockpoppet who is secretly a stud pool player with a PhD and PBIA instructor, in cahoots with Dr Dave to attack Stan? Is that whats going on?

Fook man, I can’t get any work done with this soap opera running in the background…

And WTF isn’t his ignore button working?

😭😭🤣🤣

Last edited:

phreaticus

(sorry guys, I gotta run for the rest of the day. Hold those thoughts and each other's hand)
Spidey has been reported late for work today at Dunder Mifflin

762D4DC1-CB53-47DF-B86A-20EB2CD0D0FB.gif