Fight night Hennessee Vs Bart

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Ever hear why time clocks were implemented in chess tournaments?

It happened in the 1930s......

Two players both sat leaning over the board....
For over eleven hours both stared at the board with nary a word or move....
Finally, one looked up at the other and said,
"Oh, is it my move?".......
And that is how the time clock came to be....

Will Prout
Thanks for the info. I always wondered about the shot clock in chess being introduced. Now I know!

Kd

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
40-33 Bart

IMO Bart is out breaking Henny and is recovering from his misses better.

You are absolutely correct. Bart was letting his cue ball loose toward the end though. He was making the 2 or the 3 in the side very consistently throughout Day 1.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to bed at 28-27 and even though both were struggling a little bit, it appeared Henny was picking up a little momentum. Seeing that the rest of the games mostly went to Bartram from there what happened? Did Bartram start playing really well or just keep on grinding with Henny missing? Thanks in advance

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have loved to sweat this one, but I'm too old to stay up all night and then go to work with no sleep...

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there was a 2 pack in the first 50 games...whoever gets hot still wins this.

Yepyep.

7 games is not a huge lead in a race to 80.

Looking at the score by percentage.
Bartram is at 50%
Pinegar is at 41%

One of those turkeys is gonna catch a gear sooner or later.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Endurance for Jon might be a factor........

I went to bed at 28-27 and even though both were struggling a little bit, it appeared Henny was picking up a little momentum. Seeing that the rest of the games mostly went to Bartram from there what happened? Did Bartram start playing really well or just keep on grinding with Henny missing? Thanks in advance

Jon is recovering from a devastating injury. Many like myself are surprised at how quickly he's back in the box.

Winning a tough tournament isn't the same as grinding out a race to 40, 2 days in a row.

Nobody knows what Jon is going through but I can imagine recovering from 3 recent surgeries myself. He's just as human as everyone else and the limitations that the injury created are still somewhat there now and then.

This will show up in a long grind like this. And at this level one missed shot or one missed shape or one mental mistake on a safe shot can be devastating.

Bartram is in good health to the best of my knowledge and will not return the favor with any physical limitations, being able to grind for hours.

I myself would like to see this go to hill hill. This is like 2 gladiators slugging it out in a UFC fight night.

Can Jon hold up to the brutal race to 40 grind the second day?

I guess we'll find out later on.

But if there is any weakness in Jons game today Bartram will pounce on it like a hungry lion finding an injured deer limping around. .

First Jon must play his game and then he has to hold up physically to the task at hand. Jon needs to be the lion.

I'd like to see it go hill hill and see who can get it done when one shot decides the whole thing.

Now that would be exciting !!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Chris and good luck Jon.........

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
When the score was 21-20 and Hennessey came with his ESPN comment, he broke dry and Bartram ran out and the next rack. That is a quasi two pack but the biggest I saw. I knew then that Hennessey would not have the lead after Day One as he sharked himself.

Hennessey plays unorthodox patterns, which work for him as he is obviously a great player but leave a hole in his game. It shows in a race to 80.