Sold FS: Brand New Unchalked Paul Mottey Ebony Hoppe Cue

Sold Item

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Why don't you just accept the fact that you were caught red-handed and move on with your life, rather than acting like a sociopath? .....I regret that I had to expose you. I really, sincerely do. It's not my style, but you had left me no choice.
Don't know either of you but here is my take, KC was wrong for selling and not having the cue in his possession and
Jmonche i think you overreacted rather quick. KC has 300 feedbacks which he received after good transactions.
Treat it as a lesson learned for both of you.
Good Luck,
Ray

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
Brian, the more wormy and squirmy you react, the more guilty you look.....don't you realize that? Walk away. I want to, but you won't let me.....there are more important things in life......I got my refund. I said what I had to say. I am satisfied. Other than that, I would like for you to apologize for cussing me out in front of wife, but that's never going to happen....so I accept it. I also accept all the insults. Yeah, I am a nervous, old fuddy-duddy. Guilty as charged.
If I can offer one piece of advice: The world doesn't revolve around you, my friend. There are other people on the planet. Treat them with respect and dignity and they will reciprocate.
Peace be with you.

Lyndy1212

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oversights happen in sales from time to time, the seller did the best thing he could do and refunded the buyer. The buyer was not wronged in my opinion as refunds take time to process… perhaps the seller did not look into the wrap closely enough until he was asked directly about it. This is an oversight which is unfortunate but not a act of malice. I’ve had transactions for far higher values where the refunds took many days to process. I was not put off by this because things happen and sometimes deals don’t work as expected. It’s not a big problem and sometimes it’s part of the online buying process. As for the seller not actually having the cue… have you ever gone into a store and ordered something that was out of stock? It’s a common practice in business to sell things on consignment or that have to be back-ordered. Some people’s entire business is built off this method and they provide a great service to people who are not sales savvy. As long as the promised goods are delivered in a timely fashion I see no issue. There’s a lot of discussion here when neither party was wronged or put out. One guy sat without money for 18 hours and the other didn’t even lose on shipping expenses… just my two cents on the matter.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
obv a business relationship lol
Not at all, don’t think Joe and I have ever done a deal. But I have with you…once…and it taught me then how shady of a guy you are. Never again.

Mark at classiccues corrected you for your inaccurate listing/comments concerning the Colavita Bushka and case when you were selling it. You cussed and reacted like a spastic, petulant child, like you did with Joe here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Again I will state….shady shady & shady. Anyone dealing with you should exercise extreme caution, or better yet….don’t.

Last edited:

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I can side with the buyer backing out. Nowhere in the OP does it state "Selling for a friend" Or "I do not have the cue in my possession" At $2600 that will make anyone doubt the honesty of the seller if he finds this info out after he sent payment...

strtshtr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Oversights happen in sales from time to time, the seller did the best thing he could do and refunded the buyer. The buyer was not wronged in my opinion as refunds take time to process… perhaps the seller did not look into the wrap closely enough until he was asked directly about it. This is an oversight which is unfortunate but not a act of malice. I’ve had transactions for far higher values where the refunds took many days to process. I was not put off by this because things happen and sometimes deals don’t work as expected. It’s not a big problem and sometimes it’s part of the online buying process. As for the seller not actually having the cue… have you ever gone into a store and ordered something that was out of stock? It’s a common practice in business to sell things on consignment or that have to be back-ordered. Some people’s entire business is built off this method and they provide a great service to people who are not sales savvy. As long as the promised goods are delivered in a timely fashion I see no issue. There’s a lot of discussion here when neither party was wronged or put out. One guy sat without money for 18 hours and the other didn’t even lose on shipping expenses… just my two cents on the matter.
Well said, Lyndy. Deals fall through or go sideways for myriad reasons, most of them honest mistakes and oversights. The question is whether the resolution is satisfactory to each party, but particularly to the customer (buyer). The buyer got a very prompt refund. I fail to see how anyone was injured in this transaction.

Claims of "catching you red handed" ring hollow given that the discrepancy regarding the wrap was discovered/revealed before the cue changed hands. In light of the discrepancy, the buyer was offered a refund. With the buyer and seller both now aware of the print wrap, it seems perfectly logical to amend the description in the listing. Doesn't strike me as "shady" or deceptive in the slightest. 300 positive transactions for this seller. I'm certain that some portion of those had hiccups along the way, but they were evidently worked out to the buyers' satisfaction.

In any event, this whole thread seems much ado about very little, IMHO. Nobody harmed, and very little or no cause to try to damage someone's hard earned reputation as a good, honest seller.

Lyndy1212

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agreed, not every transaction is squeaky clean. It happens when deals are done over pictures and not in person 🤷‍♂️. Just the tougher nature of online sales. But from an outsider perspective the seller did the best thing he could do and refund the buyer. I also think immediately changing the listing was the right approach do he doesn’t run into a miscommunication like this with a future buyer. I dont believe it was intended to hide intentional deceit. Could be wrong but that’s my take from what I see.

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
oh wow this is quite a ruckus over a piece of skin.

But honestly Joe, did you choose to take this so publicly as a means to get back at him and affecting his chances of reselling the cue?

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you guys want to make any future comments might i suggest making them outside of this sales thread. The following thread would be a better place to resolve this matter.

Grudges and Grievances.https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/grudges-and-grievances.540586/

I will be giving my 2 cents on this matter there

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I just feel I need to chime in with my useless .2.

Knowing Kickin' for many years now, done a few deals with him, hung out BS'ing at many of the local rooms and even been to the Chicken coupe a few times, there was never a chance the buyer would have lost his money.

I think Brian may realize now how nervous people can get with these deals and any little thing can be a big deal to some.

Brian is good people and while he may try and beat your brains in in a game of banks he is as trustworthy as they come.

briggch

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brian KC may be the most upstanding person on the planet, but unless Joe knows him, there is going to be a healthy sense of skepticism...as there should be.

There are some things sellers can do to make things a little more transparent:
  • If you don't have the cue in your possession, state that. 3rd party sale, selling for a friend, etc.
  • If money has changed hands, DO NOT re-list the cue until the money is back in the buyers hands.
  • The seller should ALWAYS remain calm and never stoop to name calling/insults...in this case, you have the money and the cue, so nothing for YOU to lose.
  • If you are going to make an edit to a listing, state it at the bottom. For example - Edit: changed wrap description from lizard to lizard print

Having been following this thread, there were lots of places where transparency would have gone a long way in keeping this from getting out of hand.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
oh wow this is quite a ruckus over a piece of skin.

But honestly Joe, did you choose to take this so publicly as a means to get back at him and affecting his chances of reselling the cue?

My concern is that Paul, to my knowledge has NEVER used a print lizard skin. I have only ever seen and been offered genuine skins from the Mottey shop.

Has anyone ever had a new Mottey, or been offered a print leather, new from the Mottey shop?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
To me, it looks not like lizard, but baby gator or baby croc., and it also looks pretty good to be real.
This wrap is probably the most scrutinized in the history of azb. Yes i agree that the larger scales would be more likely baby croc or gator vs other lizard. When i first saw it i thought it was shiny enough to be real and the pattern looked good but for whatever reason i started second guessing it. So could well be real reptile but key words for now are could be.

Thanks.