Funny pic/gif thread...

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

gifs_17.gif

dquarasr

Registered
That's why they standardized lights so the "go" was on the bottom and the "stop" was on top.
Back in the mid-1980's IMSA ran a sports car race in downtown Miami. There was a stop/go light at pit exit to keep cars exiting the pits slowly from running into cars on the main straight at full chat. But there was this one racer who kept violating the signal, going on red.

When he was confronted by the race stewards, it came to light (pun intended) that someone mounted the stop/go light upside down, such that green was on the top and red on the bottom. Yup, you guessed it, the racer was color blind. (No, I don't remember his name.)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back in the mid-1980's IMSA ran a sports car race in downtown Miami. There was a stop/go light at pit exit to keep cars exiting the pits slowly from running into cars on the main straight at full chat. But there was this one racer who kept violating the signal, going on red.

When he was confronted by the race stewards, it came to light (pun intended) that someone mounted the stop/go light upside down, such that green was on the top and red on the bottom. Yup, you guessed it, the racer was color blind. (No, I don't remember his name.)

Craziest redlight I ever saw was where a road Teed into the main road on the side of a pretty steep hill. Things were pretty conventional until I noticed the sign, traffic had to yield to trucks coming down the hill even if you had the green light! I suspect the trucks couldn't stop when loaded so traffic control put up that weird sign.

Hu