Silver Member
bacon tortilla.jpg

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am alittle dense so excuse me for not knowing why this is funny
could someone explain it to me
thanks in advance
Kinda funny... more ironic. He is one of the best 3 cushion players on the planet.

I'd give him the 8 playing 9 ball if he gave me 45 in a 3 cushion race to 50

Torbjörn Blomdahl is a Swedish professional carom billiards player from Helsingborg, Sweden who plays for FC Porto.
He is a seven time World Champion in three-cushion billiards, having won the titles in 1987, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1997, 2015 and in 2019.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Kinda funny... more ironic. He is one of the best 3 cushion players on the planet.

Torbjörn Blomdahl is a Swedish professional carom billiards player from Helsingborg, Sweden who plays for FC Porto.
He is a seven time World Champion in three-cushion billiards, having won the titles in 1987, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1997, 2015 and in 2019.
I don’t know what speed you play you play….but Blomdahl has beaten Efren in a 9-ball exhibition match…and he has run some 100s at snooker.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

My bad
i did not recognize him
thanks for the reply

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t know what speed you play you play….but Blomdahl has beaten Efren in a 9-ball exhibition match…and he has run some 100s at snooker.
He has run 100 at 14.1 and plays reasonable one pocket. He has played in a European pool league in which each player played various disciplines. But I think that picture is from 20 years or so ago.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
In the post below are several videos of Blomdahl playing Efren in 9 ball and 3 cushion over the course of 15 years for those who may be interested. You are right in that he definitely isn't completely helpless playing a little pool.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I'll add that Mr. Blomdahl is an amazing verbal host for billiard videos.

I guess it is largely due to the 'simplicity' of 3 cushion, but he almost always knows the shot when he sees a layout and he drops wisdom re the subtleties (speed, stroke type, where the kiss will be, whether a long or short attack path is best...), in about 8 languages!

Together with BvM the move to better billiards is afoot: why do mid level players miss? Most often due to choosing the wrong shot and not because of striking shortcomings.