Funny pic/gif thread...

Non Smoker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qxxpxnpbe2zc1.jpg

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody has clarified which gm that is. I think it was a firebird.

Had kind of a neat silhouette and I kinda thought it would have looked right in step with a Z car of the era.

Looks like shit now but we don't have to look at them often.
Are you sure it wasn't a AMC Javelin ?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s a Camaro with steel bumpers! 75 I think

Those bumpers were very strong and very light, aluminum. They were in huge demand for circle track Camaros of a few year earlier vintage. That looks like the Camaro to me but the picture is blurred enough it could be a Firebird too.

Color and all matches the Firebird James Garner drove on the Rockford files best I remember. James did some pretty serious real world racing and just for grins ran off and hid from the helicopter supposed to film him on the twisty Pacific Highway I believe it was. Underneath the hood of that very plain looking Firebird were twin Paxton superchargers, must have been a blast to drive!

Hu

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Those bumpers were very strong and very light, aluminum. They were in huge demand for circle track Camaros of a few year earlier vintage. That looks like the Camaro to me but the picture is blurred enough it could be a Firebird too.

Color and all matches the Firebird James Garner drove on the Rockford files best I remember. James did some pretty serious real world racing and just for grins ran off and hid from the helicopter supposed to film him on the twisty Pacific Highway I believe it was. Underneath the hood of that very plain looking Firebird were twin Paxton superchargers, must have been a blast to drive!

Hu
No Poncho.

The only way that is a Pontiac is if somebody put a Chevrolet bumper on it.

tomatoshooter

Hu
I remember the Rockford turn. He's so one every episode. He also got knocked out every episode, dude's gotta have some CTE.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hu
Especially when your a star and somebody else is paying for it!

I saw some car vid recently and the statement that Garner did all his own driving was made.