G5 epoxy

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
In Chris's video on finishing cues he uses a torch to heat the cue cote sealerto remove air bubbles; does the G5 also need to be torched when applying as a sealer? Used G5 on an ebony forearm to seal and got little white specks in the sealer, couldn't sand it out and had to strip the forearm to restart. I waited 12 hrs from application to sand. thanx
A debate has already followed your question but I'm not going to join it.
That Trent guy is a troublemaker. :grin:
Ignore list can only hide the original post Trent, not when you quote it. :grin:

http://www.westsystem.com/ss/barrier-coating-2/
Check that video out.
I recommend going with West 105-207 as 207 hardener is UV resistant.
Raka is pretty good too but West is the Cadillac.
West System's ages on the shelf better than any epoxy I know. In the long run, the cost difference might not be as much. I've tried a ton of other epoxies before ( USC, RAKA, Aeromarine and BSI just to name them ). West System is always the barometer when comparing epoxies somehow. Those other brands are pretty good too. As is Chris's cue cote.

West System is also open to inquiry by consumers.
This is not an opinion, it's a fact.
The more watery the epoxy is, the more it will penetrate the wood.
If you can, find an old refrigerator tall enough to house your cues.
After the epoxy is dry to the touch, hang them inside the fridge .
A little light bulb to keep the temperature there above 75* won't hurt.

Happy q tinkering.
My coffee break is over.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I am planning to do a different top coat over the 207. Either brush on Ceramithane or spray on Hydrocote. Gonna try both to see what I like. I just brushed Ceramithane on a break cue and it looks good, wish it was a tad harder though. The big problem I had was how long it took, gawd, it was like 2 weeks..... apply a coat, wait an hour, another coat, wait a day, another coat...... It took almost a week to get as many coats as I wanted then another week to cure. The 207 is pretty expensive but I (like everyone else) want a really good finish and without it taking forever. I will NOT use auto finishes, just too many negatives for me.

What's the problem with applying a clear coat over the West? Oh, and what is "that rake stuff".

Bryan

There's no problem at all with spraying over the 207, but its already clear and hard, so it seems like it would be a waste to apply clear over it. The ceramithane is supposed to be good as long as you don't sand through the nano coat. I read an article about this body shop that was buffing out some scratches on a high end car that had ceramithane clear coat, and they ended up burning thru the nano coat and then it was so soft that it wouldn't buff out, it just kept leaving swirl marks on the car. From what I read, as ceramithane cures, the nano particles float to the top and create a shell on top of the clear which makes it hard on top, yet still flexible. Without the hard shell, you are left with just a soft base. That's just what I read though.

Joe

Trent

Banned
The great Ricks PMS here on AZ

Just so everyone knows the kind of person you really are heres your PM put out in public i can only imagine they are the same sort of PMs joey has been recieving.

your a vindictive piece of shit and i cant wait to run into you and tony at a cue show one day i guarentee you wont talk so large.

as far as my cues and how long it takes thats between me and my customers and none of your bussiness.

and as far as tony hes a lying con man who tried to steal supplies from me at one time and stole peoples money on here when he sold kites and stole a wood source from a reputable cuemaker on here, so maybe you should look at the company you keep instead of mine.

As far as leading goes, man it must really be tough leading the clueless here on az behind a keyboard, try being a NCO in the united states army now thats leadership :grin:

you dont intimidate me with your G5 cores and infomercials you are a hack but a outspoken one is all, with a pocket full of engineers and and Bullshit.
atleast im not looking for
the comfort of complete strangers online to comfort me and my ignorance.

Never said I was a great cuebuilder and wont be for along time but ill be a good one and have fun doing it, and nothing you ever say will change that.

Hey Trent,

Just so you know, I love when a fool as big as you insults me in public. That's awesome. Please do me again. Remember you are judged by the company you keep and associate with.

You make statements on AZ saying 90% of what I do I don't show on AZ. Maybe because there is nothing to show, me thinks?

You start a thread showing that ugly cue with the blue veneers in Dec 2011 and the cue is not finished in May or still not finished?

I don't pay much attention to the no talent guys like you too much but it is very obvious to anyone who saw your post in May that you can't or don't get the job done in a reasonable period of time.

You think I am the only guy who saw this little detail about your sorry situation. Your a joke. Being called a hack by you is fun. And guess what, 3 people have already PMed me asking why I let you say so things and remain silent.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=256187

I have always viewed you as a stupid insignificant and will not be sucked in to your hole called "envy and low self esteem without self control". Even when you call me name you promote my self promotion. Thanks Trent, Love you man.

So go for it any time as I and mature smart people totally understand the every knock is a boost.

You like to provoke Tony who is a gentleman and a very caring individual who actions speak for itself in the way he lives his life. That is sick of you and you'll never make a pimple on his ass as a man or a cue maker.

JMO.

Have a nice day,

Ricky the Hack

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hey Trent,

I am fine with you showing that PM. Go for it. I stand by every word in it.

After your verbal attacks and name calling at me on this thread in public (over glue), I choose not to play the name calling game with you and I think my response to you in a PM was appropriate to say the least. Somehow you can not handle it after you dish it out. That's how cowards act. It was my intention to get under your skin via this PM and from your actions now I guess I hit a grand slam Homer in the bottom of the ninth. Good Job Trent.

Until last week I have ignored your flee like jabs at me because I must admit did not like your character because of you constantly upset my good friend for no good reason. You have been persistent in your stalking of my good friend trying to disrespect him in a mean and ugly manner over and over again. You are misguided with your constant bantering someone who is as classy of a man as you will ever meet regarding the way he lives his life and opens his home to help children for example. Your actions are very shameless to say the least and your attempts to bully people is there for all to see.

I learned a long time ago, the only way to silence a bully is to punch him square in the nose and damn the consequences concerning the results of that action. I still feel the way I did in the school yard and the lessons I learned and that was the reasoning behind my PM. I guess I got your attention. Now you think that showing this in public is like reporting me to the principal. LOL, Very stupid to say the least.

I got news for you Trent, nobody cares what is said between me and you. That you can take to the bank.

Your hack cue maker,

Ricky

Last edited:

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
http://www.westsystem.com/ss/barrier-coating-2/
Check that video out.
I recommend going with West 105-207 as 207 hardener is UV resistant.
Raka is pretty good too but West is the Cadillac.
West System's ages on the shelf better than any epoxy I know. In the long run, the cost difference might not be as much. I've tried a ton of other epoxies before ( USC, RAKA, Aeromarine and BSI just to name them ). West System is always the barometer when comparing epoxies somehow. Those other brands are pretty good too. As is Chris's cue cote.

West System is also open to inquiry by consumers.
This is not an opinion, it's a fact.
The more watery the epoxy is, the more it will penetrate the wood.
If you can, find an old refrigerator tall enough to house your cues.
After the epoxy is dry to the touch, hang them inside the fridge .
A little light bulb to keep the temperature there above 75* won't hurt.

Thanks Joey, I think between you, Joe and some stuff I read a while back I definitely will give it a try. I have a couple Widows I'll try it on first. I like the refrigerator idea. I was thinking of making a large insulated box and put a candle in it to dry any wood I get that isn't klin dried. I like the light bulb idea as well. I'll just make it tall so I can accommodate both. I'll also give G5 a shot since I already have a couple bottles and Rick made a nice writeup on using it. I also have the Cuecote type epoxy but haven't used it yet, can't remember if I got it from Chris or the similar stuff from Barringer. I've read a couple things on AZ that it might yellow over time but not sure if that is true.... again I've never used it.

I had one problem with the Ceramithane. When I applied the first coat it pull out my waterbased dye and made a swirly mess. I stripped it all back off and then tried a seal coat with dewaxed shellac but it turned the Purpleheart brown, looked ok at first but the next day it was brown and hasn't gotten purple again. I am going to at least use the West for a base going forward.

Joe, I'll just have to try it and see how well it buffs out. If I don't need to use the Ceramithane then I certainly won't. Like you, I'm am looking for something easy to use, that doesn't take forever and use that going forward. I couldn't find anything info on Ceramithane with breaking through the nano coat. If you happen to find it again I'd love to read it. This was the only thing I've found so far that sounded even vaguely similar:

DavidF
01-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Out of interest the finish is water based acrylic "Ceramithane" 5 brushed coats and then cut back with the "Micro Mesh" system from 1800 - 12000 grit. The lake was cut the same from 2400 - 12000. Final coat was "Nano wax" a car product from Eagle that will fill any small swirl marks. The table feels like glass -

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hey Trent,

1 - It's no secret that I don't like and you don't like me.

2 - When did I try to steal something from you? Supplies? Really? I never had a transaction with you and never will, period.
Are you upset because I did not buy your scrap material that you've used with a few nuts bolts to build your CNC? Is that the reason why you are saying all those lies?

3 - if somebody around here is lying is definitely you. My kite business that went bad is public and I explained that longtime ago, I have no problems on explanning it again if you so wish?

4 - stealing wood source? Well We all know how you all love jimbos army, even if the story is not true or somebody told your their side of the story and not the real side that's a different issue. I know you want to look good in front of your jimbos buddies.

5 - Do not want to get into your fight with Rick. All I know is that I have cues to build as well a waiting list to fullfill and have no time for your crying baby stories.
Maybe I should post some names on here of people that you screwed with your waiting times and workmanship.

Sorry no more time to play games with you, I have cues to build.

c6e4d896-2f1c-e3fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trent

Banned
Hey Trent,

I am fine with you showing that PM. Go for it. I stand by every word in it.

After your verbal attacks and name calling at me on this thread in public (over glue), I choose not to play the name calling game with you and I think my response to you in a PM was appropriate to say the least. Somehow you can not handle it after you dish it out. That's how cowards act. It was my intention to get under your skin via this PM and from your actions now I guess I hit a grand slam Homer in the bottom of the ninth. Good Job Trent.

Until last week I have ignored your flee like jabs at me because I must admit did not like your character because of you constantly upset my good friend for no good reason. You have been persistent in your stalking of my good friend trying to disrespect him in a mean and ugly manner over and over again. You are misguided with your constant bantering someone who is as classy of a man as you will ever meet regarding the way he lives his life and opens his home to help children for example. Your actions are very shameless to say the least and your attempts to bully people is there for all to see.

I learned a long time ago, the only way to silence a bully is to punch him square in the nose and damn the consequences concerning the results of that action. I still feel the way I did in the school yard and the lessons I learned and that was the reasoning behind my PM. I guess I got your attention. Now you think that showing this in public is like reporting me to the principal. LOL, Very stupid to say the least.

I got news for you Trent, nobody cares what is said between me and you. That you can take to the bank.

Your hack cue maker,

Ricky

I would love this:grin: I dont think you would so much tho......

And if you read this thread you will notice I replied to the OP and then your long winded shit thread came up defending G5 calling people trolls. I never once mentioned Rick just 5 minute epoxy and my opinion, you got on your soap box not I.

the time for honoring yourself will come to a end eventually. Has Mr. Hoppe taught you how to inlay your cues yet or is he still doing them all for you??

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony

Do you not remember telling me to go ahead and send you some joint pins and that you had already put the money order in the mail???

I said no thanks ill wait for the money then ship it to you.

It never came.....

you said you sent another and to go ahead and ship the pins once again I said no.

after a month of this no money orders came and when I asked you about it you said owell just sell them to someone else they must have gotten lost.:rolleyes:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
getting the bubbles out

the torch

from what I understand but dont know for a fact is its not the heat that makes the bubbles burst it is the carbon dioxide.
that a torch might be replaced with a bottle carbon dioxide.
MMike

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
the torch

from what I understand but dont know for a fact is its not the heat that makes the bubbles burst it is the carbon dioxide.
that a torch might be replaced with a bottle carbon dioxide.
MMike

I have read that but if you spray CO2 it is cold. That wouldn't help.

I have also heard of spraying DNA on it. (denatured alcohol)

A product called eat a bubble is also supposed to work.

Kim

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member

And if you read this thread you will notice I replied to the OP and then your long winded shit thread came up defending G5 calling people trolls. I never once mentioned Rick just 5 minute epoxy and my opinion, you got on your soap box not I.

the time for honoring yourself will come to a end eventually. Has Mr. Hoppe taught you how to inlay your cues yet or is he still doing them all for you??

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony

Do you not remember telling me to go ahead and send you some joint pins and that you had already put the money order in the mail???

I said no thanks ill wait for the money then ship it to you.

It never came.....

you said you sent another and to go ahead and ship the pins once again I said no.

after a month of this no money orders came and when I asked you about it you said owell just sell them to someone else they must have gotten lost.:rolleyes:

Really? When did that happen?
Dude you need to come up with a better story because that one is ridiculous.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
thank you

over look the fact co2 is ice cold.
only used it on my wire feed and welding on fuel tanks :grin:

Any way thank you Kim

MMike

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member

Trent,

Mr. Hoppe and I both took classes together from Bob Cad 4 years ago. He has not been in my shop for most of this year as his work location has changed. Any inlays he put in my cues were his design exclusively not mine. 3 cues total.

I do all of my own CNC work but love to work with my good friend.

When ever I posted a pic of one of my a cues with his inlays, I always made sure to give him all of the credit due. He also is a computer expert with 2 degrees and has help this life long Mac user in a big way to understand how to operate in the PC world.

You have twisted that into are story line that is not truthful trying to make it look like I don't do my own work. Not!!!!! That's your style and it is not truthful as a statement in any way and par for you course.

You know not what you speak of and make stupid assumptions. Mind you own business!

Over and out.

Rick

Here is Mr. Hoppe's design featured on 3 three of my cue from 2 years ago on a sanded G5 substrate before prep and clear coat finish.
IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

Last edited:

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cribb,

Here are some things that will prevent the bubbles or spots you are talking about. If you follow them properly your will never see those problems again.

I am a G5 person for many years and finishing a cue is a long road to get it perfect. I hope this helps you get down that road a little easier.

Like anything in cue building there are tiny details and techniques that have to be mastered and observed before you can get repeatable results that will stand up over time with your cue in the field.

Last night at one in the morning a customer dropped buy my shop and he wanted me to put a new Moori on his cue. I built this cue 3 years ago and it was one of my first floating point CNC cue with a very expensive wood combo and it was loaded with ivory with silver rings.

While he was there I buffed his cue, did the tip and reconditioned his shafts. I gave the cue the visual once over and all of the silver rings were perfect without any popping whatsoever.

I use G5 for my epoxy substrate and understand the way it is to be applied for a repeatable end result.

Here is what I have found works and I will share these things here.

Since G5 is fast acting and has a short pot life you have to have a great plan for applying it here's mine.

1. When the cue is prepped for epoxy after sanding and is perfectly clean and dust free you must bring the cue to a temperature of 80 degrees. If you fail to do this you are losing the farm.

2. Before applying the material you must bring the G5 to a temp of +80 degrees.

3. The room you work in should be at least 70. If you shop is cold you will have problems.

4. Never spread out this material on with a card, brush or any of that kind of stuff. It may work just fine for finish cure, it will ruin you coating with G5. That simple!!

5. This one is very important Since G5 has such a short pot life and gets hot pretty fast from the chemical reaction, in the first application you must not try to do the whole cue on one pass. I mix up two puddles the size of a quarter each on an index card and then mix for no less than 20 seconds and no more than 30 while I count in my head making sure I am getting a very good mix.

I do half the cue and I apply the material with my finger and press it in very hard so that it gets very solid surface area contact. I then mix up a new batch and do the back of the cue. Because it takes more time to apply this material over bare wood if you try to mix up a big batch and do the whole cue, you will find that it will be hot when you are doing the butt area and IMO you just screwed yourself big time.

Once you get the first full coat on the second batch can be mixed in two half dollar sized puddles and the material flows easy and goes on mush faster and you can do the whole cue in one pass.

6. I personally install 4 coats of G5 3 minutes apart and I can do the entire procedure to the cue in less that 15 minutes. 4 coats adds about .015 to the diameter. The 4 coats give me the head room to sand aggressively with 220 non clog sand paper to a lever about 4 or 5 thou over my sanding mandrel size where I change to 320 non clog.

I also use a right angled sanding block made of wood with a 80 durometer neoprene to cushion the paper. This gives me a perfectly flat sanded substrate that makes your cue as flat looking as a Florissant light bulb before your clear coat. If is is not perfectly flat before the clear, it won't be after clearing. This is the reason for 4 coats less than 5 minutes apart. By doing it this way you can get all the high spot down without worrying about burning through. When you are worrying about burning through, one tends to sand the high spots in small areas instead of full flat sanding the entire cue. The flat cue substrate suffers when you sand in spot areas trying to get high spots down, especially if you are worrying about burning through and having to start over. Believe me that used to happen to me all of the time. It is the dog chasing it's tail, at least that what I use to do before add the headroom layers. Since going to 4 coat, I and not burned through in over 5 years.

7. Facts about G5. I have had many conversations with engineers at West about this product and they explained to me that you can retain a chemical monolithic substrate without having to scratch sand between coats if you
apply it in less than 5 minute intervals. BTW, G5 takes 8 days to completely cure but you can usually sand in in 24 hours if the humidity is low.

Urban ledgend There are many people that are uninformed about G5. Every time this subject comes up the same old people come up and say things like "Top Tier Cue Makers won't ever use G5 or they show a West web site that says, " G5 is not intended for structural use". This is collective reasoning and is evil in my view and should be avoided at all cost to those who see any kind of truth or enlightenment in any discipline. Bring facts a data to an argument. The reason West advertises that is it is a disclaimer because their structural system requires very thin slow cure epoxies that weep through fiber mesh to to form and aggregate structure and G5 won't weep and it cures too fast for that application. It is used to tac stringers in place on boat hulls before the mesh and slow stuff is applied.

When you talk to the engineers at West they are quick to tell you that is it the highest grade of Quick Cue Epoxy in the world and it's strength properties are unreal as a gluing agent, gap filler or surface coating.

Be sure of this one thing, I am not telling anyone to change to or use this stuff and it is your own choice what you do in your shop. It is much easier to spread on Finish cure with a spatula or what ever than it is to master the technique of applying G5 for sure. My mentor came from the Omega DPK Shop here in Illinois and they used 5 minute epoxy for the gluing apps in their cue making joinery. If you read DPK's book you will also see he used it too.

So it is very amusing to me when I hear the same old same old comments here knocking some product they don't know how to use because of urban legend that has no basis?????:deadhorse:

Using and learning all of the things about 5 minute G5 is all about proper planning, temperature control and confidence to work within it's pot life window for application and is a hard skill to master and requires work to a exact procedure control methods. If you screw any of this stuff up it can bite you. If you rush and forget to do some the right way you will pay. But I guess that is true in most everything. Haste make waste.

Like any other skill set in cue making or in life, Rome was not built in a day and it is through practice, repetition and observation only then can one be enlightened concerning any discipline. If you try it once and don't understand it can't be applied like a material that spins on the lathe to cure your going to see problems for sure. Like the Priest said to Kane on Kung Fu, "When you have walked on the the rice paper and not have left a trace of your footprint, then you shall have learned Grasshopper".

My very good friend is a CM and he has been using G5 for over 11 years on his cues and I have seen his cues go for as high $ 7500.00. There are virtually 100s of his cue that come through my pool room that I see all the time. The finishes on his cues are out of sight and there is no problem with the substrate under the finish lifting it doing anything funky. So if you have tried G5 and had a bad result I am sure if you review the precautions and limitation & actions from my procedural steps I posted here, you will find that you doubtless missed some thing I have pointed out.

There are trolls here in the forum that are going to take whacks at me and quote the WEST Website and say the same old same old stuff about top tier CM not endorsing this material for one reason or another but I say let them say and do as they do. If you want to argue against it that's fine and it is always welcome and if you do please bring some evidence not urban legend or innuendo without basis. Let share information with data and science not bull crap. We all gain when this occurs.

BTW, I could care less what any top cue maker does or says, it's their business and I don't remember any of them coming out here and making that case. If you haven't noticed, Top Tier CMs don't post here too often from my point of view.

The use of and choice of the product you use for your substrate is a big choice and it is the foundation on which you build your finish. So one must go with one of the methods that CMs use and then stick with that method and refine your tricks over time. If I personally changed from using my method right now. There would be no way that I would sell that cue as it must be obsered by me for a long period of time in the field. And one cue would never be enough. If you don't do this they will come marching back to you for a re work job.

Last week I was in the shop of one one the best CM in the world and he shared with me his method of finishing that totally blew my mind. It was way beyond my epoxy and Automotive clear coat and someday I will make that change to save 3 hours per cue in labor and get a finish that is world class ++++++. Then again I am not getting 6 to 30 grand per cue or I would go off for the 30 grand it takes for capitol plant equipment.

Again all this info in JMHO and to each their own.

Rick G

PS: I don't own any West Stock and this opinion is 100% without prejudice. LOL

As far as luster from a substrate, G5 is water clear and it creates a deep wet look through the spotlight magnification of the clear coat. This is a very important consideration. There are many other epoxies that cast an amber tone.
IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

Thanks for the great info Rick!!!!!!

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
Retired

Just so everyone knows the kind of person you really are heres your PM put out in public i can only imagine they are the same sort of PMs joey has been recieving.

your a vindictive piece of shit and i cant wait to run into you and tony at a cue show one day i guarentee you wont talk so large.

as far as my cues and how long it takes thats between me and my customers and none of your bussiness.

and as far as tony hes a lying con man who tried to steal supplies from me at one time and stole peoples money on here when he sold kites and stole a wood source from a reputable cuemaker on here, so maybe you should look at the company you keep instead of mine.

As far as leading goes, man it must really be tough leading the clueless here on az behind a keyboard, try being a NCO in the united states army now thats leadership :grin:

you dont intimidate me with your G5 cores and infomercials you are a hack but a outspoken one is all, with a pocket full of engineers and and Bullshit.
atleast im not looking for
the comfort of complete strangers online to comfort me and my ignorance.

Never said I was a great cuebuilder and wont be for along time but ill be a good one and have fun doing it, and nothing you ever say will change that.

Hey Trent,

Just so you know, I love when a fool as big as you insults me in public. That's awesome. Please do me again. Remember you are judged by the company you keep and associate with.

You make statements on AZ saying 90% of what I do I don't show on AZ. Maybe because there is nothing to show, me thinks?

You start a thread showing that ugly cue with the blue veneers in Dec 2011 and the cue is not finished in May or still not finished?

I don't pay much attention to the no talent guys like you too much but it is very obvious to anyone who saw your post in May that you can't or don't get the job done in a reasonable period of time.

You think I am the only guy who saw this little detail about your sorry situation. Your a joke. Being called a hack by you is fun. And guess what, 3 people have already PMed me asking why I let you say so things and remain silent.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=256187

I have always viewed you as a stupid insignificant and will not be sucked in to your hole called "envy and low self esteem without self control". Even when you call me name you promote my self promotion. Thanks Trent, Love you man.

So go for it any time as I and mature smart people totally understand the every knock is a boost.

You like to provoke Tony who is a gentleman and a very caring individual who actions speak for itself in the way he lives his life. That is sick of you and you'll never make a pimple on his ass as a man or a cue maker.

JMO.

Have a nice day,

Ricky the Hack

Deleted post

Last edited:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Hey Trent,

1 - It's no secret that I don't like and you don't like me.

2 - When did I try to steal something from you? Supplies? Really? I never had a transaction with you and never will, period.
Are you upset because I did not buy your scrap material that you've used with a few nuts bolts to build your CNC? Is that the reason why you are saying all those lies?

3 - if somebody around here is lying is definitely you. My kite business that went bad is public and I explained that longtime ago, I have no problems on explanning it again if you so wish?

4 - stealing wood source? Well We all know how you all love jimbos army, even if the story is not true or somebody told your their side of the story and not the real side that's a different issue. I know you want to look good in front of your jimbos buddies.

5 - Do not want to get into your fight with Rick. All I know is that I have cues to build as well a waiting list to fullfill and have no time for your crying baby stories.
Maybe I should post some names on here of people that you screwed with your waiting times and workmanship.

Sorry no more time to play games with you, I have cues to build.

Congrats on your waiting list, go get at that.

5. Is that like you getting Geof Dilley banned and then becoming his buddy, continuing to do business with him? Saying well "he didn't screw me, he screwed you". Agreeing that the shaft wood I got was junk then saying it was fine? Accepting the adapter I made for you so you could get your taper shaper working? Not even offering to give me some gas money for the four hour trip I made to check out that lathe you were interested in? Then when I posted in your precious phenolic thread you defend that a-hole against me, ask that I remove my posts(which I did), then leave the one up where he bashes me? It was kind of you to offer me your hospitality if I ever get up your way though and I won't dispute everyone who has received one of your cues is very happy, but every time you called it was to either gloat(like "I have a waiting list..got some rosewood) or sell me something I told you I didn't want(bowling alley shafts). Taking Dilley's side was the last straw and now you "don't want to get involved" defending Rick. You actions speak for themselves IMO.

I'd like to thank Rick and everyone else who provided REALLY good information here. Rick has been kind enough to spend time with me on the phone and answer my questions.

All the other bullshit is pretty entertaining honestly. Certain members of this forum have EARNED their reputation(good and bad).

Unfortunately, people aren't always what they seem to be.

I know....I know.....now someone is going to tell me to "go fly a kite!":grin:

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
over look the fact co2 is ice cold.
only used it on my wire feed and welding on fuel tanks :grin:

Any way thank you Kim

MMike

I used to repair steel and aluminum wire feed welders. That CO2 is not cold by the time it gets to the torch. I would like to hear from anyone that tried that.

Kim