Got stiffed by TX's top OB Tour woman.

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
I just want to say thanks. :)

I honestly may never know why my post upset you and made you want to "confront" me about it. I think I asked valid questions... I was sincerely asking them because I was wondering. I didn't intend to make "sexist" remarks, I was just asking questions. If they came across that way and offended some people, I am sorry. But seriously, this is minor in the grand scheme of life!!
I didn't enjoy calling you out. If you didn't mean anything about it and want to chalk it up as "minor in the grand scheme of life", then so be it. As is this forum and the game of pool for that matter. But I give them their due consideration and respect.

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
$20.00 says either this thread gets locked or someone gets banned. :D

Paypal only

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Big C said:
I didn't enjoy calling you out. If you didn't mean anything about it and want to chalk it up as "minor in the grand scheme of life", then so be it. As is this forum and the game of pool for that matter. But I give them their due consideration and respect.

I told you I wouldn't understand. You called me out? I didn't even realize that. Like I said, I asked a question and evidently you didn't like it and I apologized.

So, can we drop this yet? My goodness!!

Reactions: "T"

floppybear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Money on the wood makes the bet good! That way there will be little problem with non-payment

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
I told you I wouldn't understand. You called me out? I didn't even realize that. Like I said, I asked a question and evidently you didn't like it and I apologized.

So, can we drop this yet? My goodness!!
Fair enough. Please take this opportunity to get the last word in. :wink:

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
Dragon Cue - to start this thread with specific tour information, you need to name the person in order clarify and prevent unnecessary damage to the reputation of the tour and other girls on the tour. The girl in question just happens to play on the tour and by adding the tour information without specifics to the post reflects bad on all of the top female players and even the tour itself.

I, like other posters have mentioned already, can assume who the person in question is, based on my knowledge of who plays and where you live. However, other forum members may not be familiar with specifics of the tour and TX locale, allowing them to make an inaccurate judgment call on many different girls that play on the tour. There have already been examples of this with the references to Lisa Marr and Amanda Lampert.

Please update your post so that the tour references are removed and for the interest of the remaining girls in the tour, their names are cleared.

Note: It was not me either...though I haven't been "top talent" on the tour in a few years. :)

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
Firecracker said:
Dragon Cue - to start this thread with specific tour information, you need to name the person in order clarify and prevent unnecessary damage to the reputation of the tour and other girls on the tour. The girl in question just happens to play on the tour and by adding the tour information without specifics to the post reflects bad on all of the top female players and even the tour itself.

I, like other posters have mentioned already, can assume who the person in question is, based on my knowledge of who plays and where you live. However, other forum members may not be familiar with specifics of the tour and TX locale, allowing them to make an inaccurate judgment call on many different girls that play on the tour. There have already been examples of this with the references to Lisa Marr and Amanda Lampert.

Please update your post so that the tour references are removed and for the interest of the remaining girls in the tour, their names are cleared.

Note: It was not me either...though I haven't been "top talent" on the tour in a few years. :)
Who do you honestly think you are telling Dragon Cue, or anyone else what to post here? His posting was not an attack on the OB cues tour and I certainly didn't see it that way. It's not like he came out with "all women that play on the OB cues tour are cheaters that don't pay up when they lose". People are going to draw their own conclusions no matter what and you simply have no control over that. You are just seeing what you want to see. And that's just a distorted version of this reality. If and when he decides to post the persons name is up to him and not the general consensus or some forum bully.

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
Big C said:
Who do you honestly think you are telling Dragon Cue, or anyone else what to post here? His posting was not an attack on the OB cues tour and I certainly didn't see it that way. It's not like he came out with "all women that play on the OB cues tour are cheaters that don't pay up when they lose". People are going to draw their own conclusions no matter what and you simply have no control over that. You are just seeing what you want to see. And that's just a distorted version of this reality. If and when he decides to post the persons name is up to him and not the general consensus or some forum bully.
Ok, look at it this way...someone starts a post "Got stiffed by TX's top Fast Eddies Tour Man". Lots of assumptions could be made on who that player is based on the person reading the post. I could read it and think he was calling out Chen, now I live near Chen and that could potentially discourage me from gambling with Chen. It would be unfair to Chen if he meant someone else. Someone else could read it and think the player is Charlie Bryant, still someone else could read it and think Sylver Ochoa. It leaves the door open for reader intrepretation, therefore potentially tainting action on the players that are not the culprit.

Now, seeing as a I am a player on the OB Cues tour, I wouldn't want someone to read this and assume it was me. It is unfair to the remaining top players on the tour to be incorrectly singled out in someone's mind because of the way a post is formatted. For Dragon Cue to say the "top OB Tour Woman" means he has already singled out two players in people's minds - Amanda & Lisa - for no reason, just because he doesn't want to list the name. That's fine, don't list the name, but change the title to Got stiffed by a woman, instead of insinuating a player that can be left to reader interpretation.

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
Firecracker said:
Ok, look at it this way...someone starts a post "Got stiffed by TX's top Fast Eddies Tour Man". Lots of assumptions could be made on who that player is based on the person reading the post. I could read it and think he was calling out Chen, now I live near Chen and that could potentially discourage me from gambling with Chen. It would be unfair to Chen if he meant someone else. Someone else could read it and think the player is Charlie Bryant, still someone else could read it and think Sylver Ochoa. It leaves the door open for reader intrepretation, therefore potentially tainting action on the players that are not the culprit.

Now, seeing as a I am a player on the OB Cues tour, I wouldn't want someone to read this and assume it was me. It is unfair to the remaining top players on the tour to be incorrectly singled out in someone's mind because of the way a post is formatted. For Dragon Cue to say the "top OB Tour Woman" means he has already singled out two players in people's minds - Amanda & Lisa - for no reason, just because he doesn't want to list the name. That's fine, don't list the name, but change the title to Got stiffed by a woman, instead of insinuating a player that can be left to reader interpretation.
You can call it perception is reality all you want. But the real truth is that someone who happens to be a top player on the OB cues tour stiffed Dragon cue. Just because she plays on the tour does not taint the integrity of the tour or any of the other women that are members. If someone reads it and starts making assumptions and false accusations, then they are pin-headed fools. Anything and everything is subjected to someones interpretation. The news we read and watch on TV is spoon-fed to us after it has been thoroughly twisted by the media. Are you so demanding of the media to go back and sensor their news that they own so that it meets your liking? I didn't draw any conclusions from this posting, but I did wonder who it could have been based on the location. Now that I know who it is, I am not surprised. But I will leave it up to Dragon Cue to post her name, or not.

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
No, lol. I meant if it was a guy that did this for $40. Not a guy in general for any amount of money.
I think if it was a guy it might have escalated possibly,with a woman that option isn't there at all.I would never lay hands on a woman and guy's would stick up for her if it started..

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
What I want to know is....

if this was man who stiffed someone $40 would we hear about it in a thread?

if this was a man of a top men's tour would we hear about it in a thread?

Sorry, Ma'am, but your tired feminist questions won't get much traction here.

The issue on the table is, "Who is the top woman pro player who stiffed someone not only for $40 but for three days table time?"

There have been plenty of other threads about people getting stiffed. If Johnny Archer or Earl or John Schmidt or any other top pro were to pull this stuff, it would be here, and you know it.

Flex

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
I just want to say thanks. :)

I honestly may never know why my post upset you and made you want to "confront" me about it. I think I asked valid questions... I was sincerely asking them because I was wondering. I didn't intend to make "sexist" remarks, I was just asking questions. If they came across that way and offended some people, I am sorry. But seriously, this is minor in the grand scheme of life!!

You think it's minor, ma'am? Can't say as I agree. I know plenty of women who are notorious for the kinds of remarks you made, and when they deploy them, it's often with substantial effectiveness, as many men choose to not respond in kind, perhaps because they don't wish to get a full dose from all the others in the peanut gallery. Minor? No... it's plenty major IMHO.

Flex

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
T said:
$20.00 says either this thread gets locked or someone gets banned. :D

Paypal only

Hey T, I would take the bet, but I heard through the grapevine (thanks JAM, for teaching me that expression) that Mr. Wilson is your backer, so I'll pass:grin:

Reactions: "T"

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy-e said:
Red rep coming your way IF you don't post her name by tonight. You are hurting other people's rep by not naming her.

The forum unanimously encouraged exposing the airbarreler, but Dragon has failed to divulge her name despite his promise to do so , given this circumstance. And several AZBr's promised red rep if he did not do so by last evening.

So, Dragon, I hope the drama you stirred up is worth the repercussions. Rep sent.

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
Big C said:
You can call it perception is reality all you want. But the real truth is that someone who happens to be a top player on the OB cues tour stiffed Dragon cue.....

For someone who has been mighty quick to jump on other posters maybe you're being a bit over eager to unilaterally appoint yourself as sole judge and jury to decide what the "real truth" is.

How do you know that's the real truth? :confused:

For all we know the all of a sudden terminally silent Dragoncue might have made the whole thing up or might have significantly distorted the story.