Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jay, that's not a 38 special, it's a 38 S&W which is a different round. Just one of several 38 rounds available out there. It is a little obsolete these days and will be a little difficult to find.

How did you figure that out?

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
toys

Here is a few of my toys.

Attachments

• guns.jpg
    guns.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,675

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Chris, it actually says .38 S&W on the side of the barrel.

Thanks Jay. Now I'm thinking Harley Davidson V-Rod or that BMW R9T we saw if I can get my hands on one (they're 5 month backordered).

Attachments

• r9t.jpg
    r9t.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,356

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jay. Now I'm thinking Harley Davidson V-Rod or that BMW R9T we saw if I can get my hands on one (they're 5 month backordered).

I know that's the one you really want. I'm buying a CJ-5 Jeep for my next toy.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Some of my favorite topics!

Lucky dog!! I have to drive to find a decent over 200yd range, and on top of that, we have N. Texas wind...

I concur - the Undercrown is a NICE smoke... Below are a few of my favs.

Received another toy or two since the last post. Clearly I'm far from the best photographer..

F24166E3-A478-4A03-ADCD-B3A88201AB0C_zpsyvffuuq1.jpg

ross cuban MC....are some of my favorite smokes.....next time you head out to smoke a cigar try my buddies new line.....it is called CABAL....dr tabacco but very smoth...I AM A BIG FAN OF ANYTHING FROM MY FATHER LINE.....been smoking jaime garcia southern blend and cant get enough... :smile:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I just took a look at this thread again. As far as showing the guns go, it started off a little slow, like everybody was a little shy, then the weapon pics started to flow. This crowd owns some exotic rifles and handguns. I'm very impressed.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ross cuban MC....are some of my favorite smokes.....next time you head out to smoke a cigar try my buddies new line.....it is called CABAL....dr tabacco but very smoth...I AM A BIG FAN OF ANYTHING FROM MY FATHER LINE.....been smoking jaime garcia southern blend and cant get enough... :smile:

I'm right there with you, bud. My Father is one if my favorites - Le Bijou 1922 and La Duena are tops. Crowned Heads (Four Kicks, Headley Grange, Las Calaveras), and anything Pete Johnson is involved with is good.

I'll look for the cabal here soon.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The BMW is hot, Chris... See a lot of vrods but not those.... :)

Axis_of_Evil

Registered
Sampaio (1st cue bought 50 years ago), Shurtz, Colt Python .357 (also bought ~ 50 years ago) and S&W Centennial .38

Attachments

• 2014_0806JUNK30001.jpg
    2014_0806JUNK30001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,507
Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sampaio (1st cue bought 50 years ago), Shurtz, Colt Python .357 (also bought ~ 50 years ago) and S&W Centennial .38

I love to shoot revolvers. I have a Colt Diamondback 38 along with numerous others. Recently I got S&W 659 at an estate sale. After shooting it a bit I just went out last weekend and bought a Glock 19.

The S&W 659 is too big for my hand and to heavy (42 ounces loaded) but I am getting hooked on shooting it though. Have to admit spewing out 15 rounds is kind of fun.

I hate getting such a common gun but I think the Glock 19 is a really nice gun after shooting it. I like bigger calibers and have carried a 44 special for a long time.

To be honest though, I don't shoot it enough partly because of the cost of ammo. I can't even find any 44 special right now. I have like 20 rounds to my name.

9 mm is so common and so cheap you can practice all you want and there is a lot to be said for being able to put more rounds on target over the added power of a larger round.

Rackemray

Registered
Gap 308

Here is my contribution. It's a 700 action worked over and rebarreled by GA precision. It's bedded in a Manner's T4a stock with rad tac bottom metal. For optics I have a SWFA Super Sniper 5-20 illuminated scope. Ray Byrd
image-7.jpg.html

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here is my contribution. It's a 700 action worked over and rebarreled by GA precision. It's bedded in a Manner's T4a stock with rad tac bottom metal. For optics I have a SWFA Super Sniper 5-20 illuminated scope. Ray Byrd
image-7.jpg.html

Love to see that if you can get the picture to load. Or PM me and I'll give you my email, and I'll post it.

What caliber?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Here is an SPR type build I put together.

White Oak Armament 16" stainless barrel, Geissele MK1 rail, PRS Stock and a Geissele National Match trigger with a Bushnell ERS optic in an ADM mount. I put a Slash's extra heavy rifle buffer in it so it feels about like a .22 when you shoot it. Thing is a hammer out to 600.

14899383382_306ca7b8b2_b.jpg

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Lucky dog!! I have to drive to find a decent over 200yd range, and on top of that, we have N. Texas wind...

I concur - the Undercrown is a NICE smoke... Below are a few of my favs.

Received another toy or two since the last post. Clearly I'm far from the best photographer..

Nice sticks there.

Whats the AICS build? Looks like a Stiller action.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Here's Ray's rig. Looks like some serious stuff!

Attachments

• Ray's Rifle2.jpg
    Ray's Rifle2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 805
  • Ray3a.jpg
    Ray3a.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice sticks there.

Whats the AICS build? Looks like a Stiller action.

Good eye...

Accuracy International Short Action Chassis
Rock Creek 416 stainless 5R single point cut .308 M24 contour 1:10 twist
Stiller Precision Tactical 30 AW receiver
Stiller Precision 20 MOA rail
Timney custom trigger
Nemesis Arms muzzle break - threaded
Leupold Mark 4 30mm steel rings
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm Scope
Vortex level

Thunderbeast 30P1

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
What can you guys tell me about barrel temperature versus accuracy?

Are there certain makes/models/types of barrels that combat temperature-caused accuracy loss?