Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

qghunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of my favorite topics!

Lucky dog!! I have to drive to find a decent over 200yd range, and on top of that, we have N. Texas wind...

I concur - the Undercrown is a NICE smoke... Below are a few of my favs.

Received another toy or two since the last post. Clearly I'm far from the best photographer..

F24166E3-A478-4A03-ADCD-B3A88201AB0C_zpsyvffuuq1.jpg
Nice. Looks a lot like my house, even the Gold Crown.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
hey what do you guys think about the 300 blackout. i know its more expensive then 556 rounds, but you think its something worth buying or you think its just a passing fad? i am considering one because it seems different, and i dont know anybodt local that has one.. and the one i am thinking about buying is a AR pistol version with the sig stalk.. it has the sbr look..

i will try and post a picture of it when i can.. thanks..chris

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Here is a picture of what I am considering or something similar..

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 717

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey what do you guys think about the 300 blackout. i know its more expensive then 556 rounds, but you think its something worth buying or you think its just a passing fad? i am considering one because it seems different, and i dont know anybodt local that has one.. and the one i am thinking about buying is a AR pistol version with the sig stalk.. it has the sbr look..

i will try and post a picture of it when i can.. thanks..chris

The middle AR on my table is an AAC 16" .300blk. The flash hider is gone and I can use the TBAC 30P1that is on my long range setup on it as well. Wanted a 9" upper but didn't want to submit for another stamp at the time.

I don't shoot it much or often due to ammo cost. If you don't reload your own, I'd probably suggest looking at something else.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Good eye...

Accuracy International Short Action Chassis
Rock Creek 416 stainless 5R single point cut .308 M24 contour 1:10 twist
Stiller Precision Tactical 30 AW receiver
Stiller Precision 20 MOA rail
Timney custom trigger
Nemesis Arms muzzle break - threaded
Leupold Mark 4 30mm steel rings
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm Scope
Vortex level

Thunderbeast 30P1

Nice. I have had my eye on a Thunderbeast can. How do you like yours?

I just traded my LMT MWS for a Rem 5R in a McMillan A5 that is looking like a shooter. I'm sick with the bolt guns lately.

14767252118_e55bbf1e65_b.jpg

I have switched the scope to a set of Seekins rings. Just put the ADM mount on to see what it would look like for the pic.

Five shot groups at 100 with 168 Federal Gold Medal Match. Working up some loads with 175SMK and 178 AMAX now.

14953528502_8a33a42dba_c.jpg

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Go ahead, make my day!

boHLLDe.jpg

8lQtzL4.jpg

I'm not a big gun guy but was raised shooting them. All of the guns I own are back in Ohio at my parents house. This is a little ol pistol and an old ass double barrel. And that's my dad.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yeah it can get crazy...

So far I have only shot long range in Vegas at several different ranges so altitude and other environmental factors dont change that much for me. I use the Ballistic AE app on an iPhone for dope charts and as long as I get an accurate muzzle velocity it is pretty close to what I see downrange. I am just starting to get deep enough into it to really refine a dope chart for the two loads I shoot in the 6.5.

The biggest part about shooting at long distance is dealing with and understanding what the wind is doing. Its black magic to me at this point. Thats one of the benefits of the 6.5 over a .308 is that it slices through the wind noticeably better. I have only been playing with the long range stuff for about a year. Before that it was all pistols and AR's.

Yep understanding the wind changes for long range shots can get crazy, especially in canyons where wind directions, velocities can change and you have to adjust back and forth for final adjustments...

Jaden

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. I have had my eye on a Thunderbeast can. How do you like yours?

I've got two cans from Thunderbeast and they are by far above and beyond the other cans I've got or any other one I've tried.

Amazing shot groups!

I've really got no time for the accuracy/long range thing, as work has been taking the front seat and any other time left over is for the family (or golf), so I'm actually thinking of moving it.

I'm OCD to a fault, but oh well...

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, a lot of heavy equipment getting posted lately. I feel a bit inadequate with this one. My current cues and pistol.
picture.php

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Here is a picture of what I am considering or something similar..

Chris

To me the only reason to go .300 BLK is if you are running suppressed and want to run subsonic loads. There is really no other good reason in my mind. With .223 ammo back down to around .33 a round I would have no desire to pay .300 BLK prices for normal shooting.

That said....if you want it get it. Only real downside is oddball's like the BLK can take longer to sell when you want to move it.

I'm in the middle of planing an AR pistol build with the Sig brace myself. Something you may consider is that right now BCM is running a deal on uppers where you get a free bolt carrier group. You can pick up a nice 11.5 upper for about $700 and could build a pistol lower for about $300.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-11-Upper-Receiver-Group-s/30.htm

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, a lot of heavy equipment getting posted lately. I feel a bit inadequate with this one. My current cues and pistol.
picture.php

I kind of like to see what they carry and actually shoot every week. I just added a Glock 19, (About as boring as you can get in hand guns) to my collection of guns. It may become my EDC I am not sure. So far so good I really like it.

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kind of like to see what they carry and actually shoot every week. I just added a Glock 19, (About as boring as you can get in hand guns) to my collection of guns. It may become my EDC I am not sure. So far so good I really like it.

Anyone here ever consider having custom grips made? I know cue makers might not be interested since it doesn't involve a lathe, but they are the most experienced in cue specific designs, and I think it would be cool to have a gun match one of my cues. Imagine a nice pair of Colt .45s with Hoppe rings at the bottom of the grips, and maybe propeller inlays, or plain veneered boxes.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone here ever consider having custom grips made? I know cue makers might not be interested since it doesn't involve a lathe, but they are the most experienced in cue specific designs, and I think it would be cool to have a gun match one of my cues. Imagine a nice pair of Colt .45s with Hoppe rings at the bottom of the grips, and maybe propeller inlays, or plain veneered boxes.
Would not be hard to do. I would not bother actually making the grip as there are many you can buy.
http://riograndecustomgrips.com/testimonialsgallery.html

http://www.wickedgrips.com/GALLERY

Last edited:

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would not be hard to do. I would not bother actually making the grip as there are many you can buy.
http://riograndecustomgrips.com/testimonialsgallery.html

http://www.wickedgrips.com/GALLERY

Not quite what I was thinking, none of those would match any of my cues. I saw custom wooden grips once carved out of multiple color laminated veneers. Looked a little like a relief map afterwards.

Imagine cutting the end off of a custom a cue butt, splitting it in half, and shaping the handle out of those two pieces. Not the process I am talking about doing, but the end result would be similar.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Got this on Tuesday.. One of my birthday presents to my self..

Tomorrow I am getting the new smith and wesson m&p 22 compact.. Post pictures when I have it.. Also decided on my ar pistol and started on that

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 963

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
my arsenal

Mighty Kel-Tec .380 mouse gun. The destruction this thing wrecks on a mouse has to be seen.(too graphic to post here though!)

Cuebuddy custom cue. Stainless Joint, brass pin, irish linen wrap, custom tip. This may be the only cue on AZB that doesn't hit a ton! It will never be for sale though.

Bob Affleck custom call.

Cross pen, because everyone knows the pen is mightier than the sword!

Pen knife.

All served up on a small dinner platter

Hu

Attachments

• badassed.jpg
    badassed.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 581