Have a Laugh. I was the Athlete of the Week

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Thought my old AZB friends might want to catch up with me. I was on the local news here as Athlete of the Week. I was excited to get pool recognized as a sport.

I posted this on my Facebook page (which is where I have been hanging out lately) with comments, so thought I would share them with you. If you'd like to friend me on FB, my page is https://www.facebook.com/rackmsuckr. Can't guarantee the addition since I am close to the magic 5000 cutoff, but if you message me there, I will make sure I friend you. If you want to email me, my pool email address is poolmyfinger@gmail.com.

Here's the link to my Athlete of the Week. I do have to make some comments though.

1. I sure make a lot of weird expressions when I talk.
2. I really look old and fat. Probably because I am.
3. I'm cringing at my jumping up and wiggly follow through. I'm working more though on staying down with a longer pause on the back stroke.
4. The 8 ball shot was a 4 rail kick shot.
5. They showed the same 3 ball trick shot twice when I had asked him to put the shot of me jumping the cueball off the table and catching it in the air as the finale. With a big ta da!
6. The combo I missed was an exercise that he asked about how I practice. I told him I will throw out all 15 balls and shoot a couple racks each of banks, caroms and combos and I will take the goofiest combos so that I'm never afraid of them. So of course he got one I missed. Plus I was talking through the shot.
7. They put in a photo of Dan Louie and me where we won the Grand Masters divisions in the BCA Regionals in Lincoln City.
8. Why did I have my reading glasses on my head the whole time? Lol. Cuz that's pretty much where they are the whole time nowadays.
9. The draw shot on the one ball - he never got me making the 9 ball in the other side pocket.
10. Also never put in various banks, caroms, an awesome 2 railer or my bread and butter 3 railers.
11. In the interview portion, it was after work and my makeup had worn off, lol. In the shooting portion, I left my warmup jacket on because it was cold. But you couldn't see my name embroidered on my shirt.
12. My cue's bumper is chewed up because it used to have a Limb Saver on it but it started making a tinking sound and my husband tried removing it and left it shredded. It is a Viking that they gave me. Ebony and ivory with a glove leather wrap, custom made with an extra small shaft and butt. It's won me a lot of money!
13. The intro to this piece started out with an announcer saying that I had an inauspicious beginning when I tore the felt on my sister's brand new pool table the very first time I played which is true except I wasn't 15 like they said but more like 11 or 12.
14. The outro was the same guy saying that even after 40 yrs he would never be that good.

Enjoy.

http://www.kdrv.com/linda-carter-amateur-aotw/

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Thought my old AZB friends might want to catch up with me. I was on the local news here as Athlete of the Week. I was excited to get pool recognized as a sport.

I posted this on my Facebook page (which is where I have been hanging out lately) with comments, so thought I would share them with you. If you'd like to friend me on FB, my page is https://www.facebook.com/rackmsuckr. Can't guarantee the addition since I am close to the magic 5000 cutoff, but if you message me there, I will make sure I friend you. If you want to email me, my pool email address is poolmyfinger@gmail.com.

Here's the link to my Athlete of the Week. I do have to make some comments though.

3. I'm cringing at my jumping up and wiggly follow through. I'm working more though on staying down with a longer pause on the back stroke.
5. They showed the same 3 ball trick shot twice when I had asked him to put the shot of me jumping the cueball off the table and catching it in the air as the finale. With a big ta da!
6. The combo I missed was an exercise that he asked about how I practice. I told him I will throw out all 15 balls and shoot a couple racks each of banks, caroms and combos and I will take the goofiest combos so that I'm never afraid of them. So of course he got one I missed. Plus I was talking through the shot.
7. They put in a photo of Dan Louie and me where we won the Grand Masters divisions in the BCA Regionals in Lincoln City.
8. Why did I have my reading glasses on my head the whole time? Lol. Cuz that's pretty much where they are the whole time nowadays.
9. The draw shot on the one ball - he never got me making the 9 ball in the other side pocket.
10. Also never put in various banks, caroms, an awesome 2 railer or my bread and butter 3 railers.
11. In the interview portion, it was after work and my makeup had worn off, lol. In the shooting portion, I left my warmup jacket on because it was cold. But you couldn't see my name embroidered on my shirt.
12. My cue's bumper is chewed up because it used to have a Limb Saver on it but it started making a tinking sound and my husband tried removing it and left it shredded. It is a Viking that they gave me. Ebony and ivory with a glove leather wrap, custom made with an extra small shaft and butt. It's won me a lot of money!
13. The intro to this piece started out with an announcer saying that I had an inauspicious beginning when I tore the felt on my sister's brand new pool table the very first time I played which is true except I wasn't 15 like they said but more like 11 or 12.
14. The outro was the same guy saying that even after 40 yrs he would never be that good.

Enjoy.

Very cool pool article, Linda. LOVED IT! You will always be our AzBilliards Queen. :cool:

Your take on how you became interested in pool is intriguing. Good for you!

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a real nice piece. A lot of the pool stories I see are so cheesy. Yours was pretty well done. You have a real cool story. You should be proud of yourself.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Enjoy.

Hey , nice story , maybe the local pool halls will fill up this week because of the story they did on you .

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Linda, I am not surprised as you have always been Queen For A Day!! If my old brain is correct there was a tv show called that back in the early or mid 60's. Of course that was light years before you were born!!!! Congratulations to the Queen!

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
That's fantastic Linda! I'm proud that the AZ queen had her 15 minutes of fame! Haven't had mine yet! :(

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats, Linda. Glad to see you get the recognition that is well deserved, not only for you but also for the sport. Pool has percieved negative connotations follow it. But you have helped put it in a positive light. Again, it was a very well deserved acknoledgement for you.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Enjoy.

Congratulations to you RackM,
And thank you for sharing with us. That is a good way to get pool on the map again.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice article about a nice woman. I'm sure the Pool Community would like to see these kind things across the land.

Linda, get that newspaper or TV man to cover a tournament at your Pool Room, maybe that could start a grass roots kinda thing as most are syndicated.

Congratulations to Wonder Woman...