Have you ever made a $10,000 10 ball?

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
A Szamboti in 8 minutes. How badass.

Great breakout on the 2!

I tried finding a stick to replace mine a few years back. Had zero luck. That old Schon feels dang good!

I would love to hit with one of those new OB designs that just came up via their design contest! Love my OB1 shaft and can only imagine I would like one of those beauties!

Thanks!

Ken

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Well played and congrats.. I was nervous watching you even though I knew the outcome!

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Nice out... I would have bet agasint you after the break honestly.

Side note: I wish we could get BNR pots in Chicago on bar boxes.... They make all of ours on big tables, even if the tournament in on a BB.

I made comment after making the combo on the 6 that I had another $100 to pick up by making the 1 then I was probably done...but lo and behold I got lucky on the break out! So yea...I felt I was a underdog as well! ;)

Thanks!

Ken

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Ken my friend :)

congratulations for this *cheap rack*, lmao^^

Strong shooting, good nerves- and it s clear and good to see, that you worked on your overall game.
I really enjoy this success for you!

keep shooting pal,

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Ken my friend :)

congratulations for this *cheap rack*, lmao^^

Strong shooting, good nerves- and it s clear and good to see, that you worked on your overall game.
I really enjoy this success for you!

keep shooting pal,

lg from overseas,

Ingo

My "real" training started with you Ingo. I hit thousands of those straight ins!!

Thanks!

Ken

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Very nice, I'm happy you won. I didn't think you took all that long to shoot.
I can't imagine the pressure you were feeling. I was feeling it just watching you.

That combo off the break could have made you or broke you.

You broke the 2 out nicely and after that, it looked like it was pretty clear sailing.
When you put the 9 in and it came off the short rail all the way down, you must have been thinking, 10 Grand, here I come.

If the 10 had have gone in at some point in the game, would it have been spotted and you would continue?

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Ya GOTTA love it when the little guy wins one. Congratulations, Ken! :thumbup:

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Very nice, I'm happy you won. I didn't think you took all that long to shoot.
I can't imagine the pressure you were feeling. I was feeling it just watching you.

That combo off the break could have made you or broke you.

You broke the 2 out nicely and after that, it looked like it was pretty clear sailing.
When you put the 9 in and it came off the short rail all the way down, you must have been thinking, 10 Grand, here I come.

I gave a good holler when I rounded the table on my way to the ten! Yea...I was flying!!!

I used to play deathly slow. I videotaped a match during the BCA nationals in Vegas back in the mid 90's. When I went back to watch it my wife asked me what was wrong. I was bored beyond disbelief! I knew what was going through my head on the inside but from the outside I just looked like I was on the stall. Since then I have tried to improve my pace. I really think slow play kills the rhythm and you need it to play top speed!

wait for it....

here it comes....

but what the hell do I know...I am not an instructor!! :eek::eek::eek:

I couldn't resist! And am totally joking. Our recognized instructors...no wait...certified....no credentialed...crap! Those folks who we all know are experts have a LOT to teach us all! It does appear they have a bit to learn as well...just not so much about pool. Maybe JoeW could put on a seminar at DCC! :D

Thanks for the accolades, everyone!

Ken

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Ya GOTTA love it when the little guy wins one. Congratulations, Ken! :thumbup:

Hell yea!

but to be fair...

We wouldn't let Chip and Joey enter the break and run pot. So a little guy was gonna win...it just took a heck of a long time!

Thanks!

Ken

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
My nuts clenched up a little on that 4 ball wobbler even though I knew how the story ended. Great job.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The sweet thrill of victory

Well I have! I got drawn last week in Jamaica Joe's break and run pot. It was the second time I had been drawn in a year. The first time I got drawn I got unlucky when the cue ball was kissed into the corner pocket at the head of the table. So this was my first real shot at it and I pulled it off!

The run can be viewed at http://www.justin.tv/jamaicajoes/b/353547947

I don't normally play this slow but hey, it was for ten grand! I never pulled the trigger until my mind and routine was right! I might ought to try to do that more often!

I had partners in this venture but there is no price you can put on the feeling I had during this run!

Enjoy...I sure did!

Ken

The sweet thrill of victory. :thumbup: Very nicely done Ken! :bow-down:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
My nuts clenched up a little on that 4 ball wobbler even though I knew how the story ended. Great job.

While everyone had their eyes on the 4-ball, you weren't watching Ken (the shooter). He ungripped his cue while that 4-ball was wobbling, and had reached down under the table, gripping the edge, lifting, and was about to flip the table over if that 4-ball didn't fall.

:p

J/K!!
-Sean

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've hit a few of those 9-ball break and runs for anywhere between $500-$800, and I thought THAT pressure was high! Great out!

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
I've hit a few of those 9-ball break and runs for anywhere between $500-$800, and I thought THAT pressure was high! Great out!

I contend that the real pressure there is peer pressure. We want to succeed in front of them or we don't want to fail...etc etc

Either way it is a good feeling!! :dance:

Thank you guys!

Ken

p.s. @backplaying...think he was joking a bit :cool:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contend that the real pressure there is peer pressure. We want to succeed in front of them or we don't want to fail...etc etc

Either way it is a good feeling!! :dance:

Thank you guys!

Ken

p.s. @backplaying...think he was joking a bit :cool:

I would either like to get out, or have a run that NOBODY could get out on. The peer pressure is the worst.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okie Dokie

Well I have! I got drawn last week in Jamaica Joe's break and run pot. It was the second time I had been drawn in a year. The first time I got drawn I got unlucky when the cue ball was kissed into the corner pocket at the head of the table. So this was my first real shot at it and I pulled it off!

The run can be viewed at http://www.justin.tv/jamaicajoes/b/353547947

I don't normally play this slow but hey, it was for ten grand! I never pulled the trigger until my mind and routine was right! I might ought to try to do that more often!

I had partners in this venture but there is no price you can put on the feeling I had during this run!

Enjoy...I sure did!

Ken
Ken and many others will tell you how hard he has worked on his game recently. We all dream of the big day, the moment, and all that comes afterward. Some will never get there but Ken grabbed the gold ring and held on till the ride stopped. If they took a vote and said who do we really want to win this thing, Ken would have gotten his share of votes. Jamaica Joes has been putting itself on the map for quite some time, and now even more kudos for their fine establishment. All Diamond tables and great food. Just remodeled. I better go see what the improvements are! Almost appropriate that he is an AZ member!! Congrats Ken. What you going to do now? Stop the recession? Run for governor? Pool is alive in Okla.!!

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great way to start off the year.. i like the 10 on the break that makes the run that much sweeter .. congratulations