Head and Foot spots

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[/B]I recently had a Simonis 860Hr cloth installed on my pool table. The pool table mechanic installed 2 Simonis Logo spots on each end of the table. The spots just will not stay flat on the table. I was wondering what I can do to keep them them from curling up. I was thinking of maybe using a little of the glue that was used to secure the cloth to the slate. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Humidity

I just had my cloth replaced also (8-15 ) and had the same logo spot from simonis put on , so far I have had no trouble. maybe the humidity is up in your room or the spots were old and the glue is suspect.Before I would use a stronger glue I would try another set of spots. Good Luck.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO remove the spots and mark with pencil or ink, otherwise, you're just begging for a bad roll across that spot

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there is hard breaking going on then do not go without a spot.

Cloth will develop a hole over time, due to repeated striking of head ball.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member

This is exactly right. Use a spot. remove the crappy simmonis spot and use a master spot. Do not use glue, you may end up regretting it.

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had my cloth replaced also (8-15 ) and had the same logo spot from simonis put on , so far I have had no trouble. maybe the humidity is up in your room or the spots were old and the glue is suspect.Before I would use a stronger glue I would try another set of spots. Good Luck.

Thanks Franko

The spots have been on about 20 days. I have a new dehumidifier in the room so that is not the problem. I will order new spots.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
What is a hole reinforcer?

They have green and blue!

images

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
+2

I use a hole reinforcer on my home table.

It works great.

If an edge lifts, I simply replace it with another.

They're dirt cheap.

Dave what's a hole reinforcer & where can I buy them?
I just replaced my cloth & don't want to put a hole in it like the old cloth had.
I've got the master spot on it now & don't like it.

I'm a slow typer....

Last edited:

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Those look like the kind of stickers as the Slug Doctor.
Which I just ordered from Abe. Free shipping till the end of the month.

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member

That me be a true statement if the table is in a commercial location and racks are hard broken many times a day, day in and day out.

On a home table with they are a nuisance and not necessary.

Draw lines on the table indicating the head string, rack position, etc.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pressure sensitive Master Spots are the way to go. Just had 2 put on with my new Simonis. Been using them as needed since 1998.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
A spot is not really needed on the head spot. It's hardly ever used except for straight pool and even then not for breaking. Hole reinforcements won't protect the cloth on the foot spot because the ball is still sitting directly on the cloth. I use a Slug Doctor (great rack, btw) but the apex dot is on a foot spot (Master pressure sensitive).

If you don't want to use a foot spot that's up to you, but go bare at your own peril. On breaks the CB is usually slightly airborne when it hits the apex ball and therefore creates a downward force into the bedcloth. Ask in the mechanics section what they think and I'm pretty sure they will recommend use of a foot spot to protect the cloth. I'm almost sure it's been discussed in there, do a search or scan that forum and you will find it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You forgot to use the 'IMO', Dick.;)

In my experience...on my home table that others rarely play on and that basically only is used by me between November/ March...the hole did appear.

That me be a true statement if the table is in a commercial location and racks are hard broken many times a day, day in and day out.

On a home table with they are a nuisance and not necessary.

Draw lines on the table indicating the head string, rack position, etc.