Hello from Shanghai!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I arrived in Shanghai yesterday afternoon. It is really an awesome place from what I have seen. The only problem so far is that no one really speaks english. We wandered around quite a bit yesterday trying to find a place to eat that had english menus...no such luck! The hotel is incredible and as we walked in we had to sign a big poster, have pictures taken and check in. I am trying to update my blog but for some reason the network here at the hotel will not let me even load blogger.com or blogspot. As soon as I can, I will do updates on the trip to the Philippines and getting to Shanghai. Sorry for the delay.

Sarah

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I arrived in Shanghai yesterday afternoon. It is really an awesome place from what I have seen. The only problem so far is that no one really speaks english. We wandered around quite a bit yesterday trying to find a place to eat that had english menus...no such luck! The hotel is incredible and as we walked in we had to sign a big poster, have pictures taken and check in. I am trying to update my blog but for some reason the network here at the hotel will not let me even load blogger.com or blogspot. As soon as I can, I will do updates on the trip to the Philippines and getting to Shanghai. Sorry for the delay.

Sarah

did you guys gamble with anyone?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sarah

China restricts lots of stuff on the internet I understand. That may be the problem. Anyway shoot well and im really disappointed i couldnt make it.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Sounds cool Sarah. Have a good time and make Jason taste everything first.

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Geez, I forgot about Shanghai. Sarah BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. Right now....this very minute the mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin is under quarantine in a Shanghai hotel because he arrived there on a flight where he may have been exposed to the swine flu.:eek:

Terry

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
We haven't gambled at all. We gamble everyday though on whether a place will be able to speak English! Hey, I'm in their country, not like they have to speak English.

I would make Jason try everything first, but he is in the tournament as well. I think we should both be safe and just look for things that look to be well done!

Each time you fly to China, before you get off the plane you have to have your temperature taken. One of the players was actually on a flight with someone that was sick. They were quarantined for one day and tests came back saying the person didn't have swine flu. We also had to fill out cards saying our plans and where we are staying for the next seven days. This is so if someone from our flight get sick, they can track us all down. What a mess!

So since I still can't update my blog, I will post updates here. Hopefully it will work sometime!

Has anyone ever been to Shanghai? If so, can you suggest what landmarks and touristy things are a must see?

Sarah

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Geez, I forgot about Shanghai. Sarah BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. Right now....this very minute the mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin is under quarantine in a Shanghai hotel because he arrived there on a flight where he may have been exposed to the swine flu.:eek:

Terry

We haven't gambled at all. We gamble everyday though on whether a place will be able to speak English! Hey, I'm in their country, not like they have to speak English.

I would make Jason try everything first, but he is in the tournament as well. I think we should both be safe and just look for things that look to be well done!

Each time you fly to China, before you get off the plane you have to have your temperature taken. One of the players was actually on a flight with someone that was sick. They were quarantined for one day and tests came back saying the person didn't have swine flu. We also had to fill out cards saying our plans and where we are staying for the next seven days. This is so if someone from our flight get sick, they can track us all down. What a mess!

So since I still can't update my blog, I will post updates here. Hopefully it will work sometime!

Has anyone ever been to Shanghai? If so, can you suggest what landmarks and touristy things are a must see?

Sarah

Line Kjorsvik and Vegar Kristiansen, the Norwegian players, were on a plane from Europe with a guy with possible swine-flu, so they had to spend like 36 hours in quarantine. Luckily it went good, and they were "released" yesterday.

Sompin2do

Boomer Sooner
Silver Member
Right now....this very minute the mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin is under quarantine in a Shanghai hotel because he arrived there on a flight where he may have been exposed to the swine flu.:eek:

Terry

Any chance we can arrange for him to stay permanently? :wink:

gwjackal

Paradigm Cue Sports
Silver Member
Sarah get a hold of john barton. I am sure he will be able to accommodate you while you are there.

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello from Denver Sarah

Hello from Denver Sarah!!Hope you are having fun in Shangai.What a great pool adventure.Kick some ass for us AZ'ers we are cheering for you back home in US!!I thought the post about just pointing to whatever someone is else is eating is funny but very practical.Again good luck and come home safe!!:thumbup: