Help Sponsor the SBE 14.1 Challenge!

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
SPONSORSHIP BANNER FUNDRAISER NOW CONCLUDED SUCCESSFULLY!

AWESOME SUPPORT FOLKS!

Most of you have seen this great event coming up in mid March being organized here on the forum. Steve and Charlie are working hard putting this event together and it will be a huge boost to 14.1.

The cost of the event is large with having to pay for approx. 3 or 4 vendor spaces and getting 2 tables there for the event. So far Bob Jewett has very generously offered to cover $1,000 of the expenses and Diamond Pool Tables has generously offered to sponsor the event as well providing the 2 tables. But these guys will still be stuck about $2,000 out of pocket, so we as a group need to do something to help these guys out and make sure the event comes off and runs well. I suggested to them that they charge $25 a for a 5 inning try at the event instead of $20 and put the extra $5 toward expenses as well, between these pledges and the little table/booth $5 fee I think they can cover the expenses.

I am going to have a large banner made giving credit to all that helped by sponsoring the event, the banner will hang at the event.. At the top in large letters will be Bob Jewett and Diamond as major sponsors. I am asking the forum members here to chip in and pledge $25 to the event expenses to these guys and have your name or business up on the banner as well. The $25 pledges will be in smaller letters than the 2 major sponsors, and size will be according to how many we wind up with in the end to fit on the banner. Please think about it, even if you aren't attending the SBE, lets keep this great game alive and well!

Post in the thread if you would like to pledge $25 (or more) and I will periodically update a list in this first post. Pledges will need to be sent to Steve and Charlie before the first week in March to Charlie's address below.

Charles Eames
42 Deep Lane
Wantagh, NY 11793

Now that being said these checks will not be cashed or deposited until we know for certain that this event is going off. If not they will simply be sent back to the original senders.

Thank you!
Kevin Vidal

1) Bob Jewett $1,000
2) Diamond Pool Tables - providing 2 - 9 footers
3) Kevin Vidal $25 + 1st & 2nd Trophies + Banner
4) dmgwalsh $50
5) sfleinen $25
6) Skess $25
7) Marop $25
8) Winston846 $25
9) Steve Lipsky $25
10) riding9 $25
11) Pete Tonkin www.TonkinCustomCues.com donates cue to raffle at SBE!
12) BayGene $25
13) Demondrew $25
14) John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards $25
15) elvicash $25
16) Dave Nelson $50
17) mosconiac $25
18) nasc $25
19) Chris Lynch $25
20) PoolTees.com - donating nice 14.1 shirts
21) D&D Family Billiards, Thorndale Pa (Mickey Scott) $25
22) 14-1StraightMan $25
23) Missy & Gerry - Gerry McKown Plumbing $50
24) MN Straight Pool Assoc. - Matt Lind $25
25) CCNow.com $25
26) JimS $50
27) Rich93 $50
28) Jim Parker - the Illinois Billiard Club $50
29) Danny Barouty $50
30) Larry Moy $100

Last edited:

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
awesome guys! i am sure Steve & Charlie are gonna be thrilled when they see this! They have been working so hard to get this thing going!!

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really is an honor and a privilege to be working with such dedicated people like Steve Bob Jewett Kevin Vidal and others who are truly interested in taking 14.1 right back to the top where it belongs.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
It really is an honor and a privilege to be working with such dedicated people like Steve Bob Jewett Kevin Vidal and others who are truly interested in taking 14.1 right back to the top where it belongs.

Charlie, as you see you have great support from the 14.1 community! These guys and gals are amazing! Only up a few hours and look at the pledges already! We appreciate your efforts and looking forward to the event.

Kev

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks so much Charlie, Kevin, Bob Jewett and everyone else here in the 14.1 forum without all of your help i dont think this thought of mine would actually develope into an actual event !!!

Thanks a Bunch
Steve

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Thanks so much Charlie, Kevin, Bob Jewett and everyone else here in the 14.1 forum without all of your help i dont think this thought of mine would actually develope into an actual event !!!

Thanks a Bunch
Steve

Thank you Steve, it was a tremendous thought! And we are very glad you came up with it. It's going to be a great event!

Kev

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Kevin,

At $25 a head, you're going to need 80 donors in order to cover $2K. In order to reach your goal more quickly, have you thought about allowing poolhalls and other businesses to participate in the sponsorship? In exchange for acknowledgement on the banner, your booth can distribute flyers listing the address and league schedule for the poolhalls supporting this event.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Kevin,

At $25 a head, you're going to need 80 donors in order to cover $2K. In order to reach your goal more quickly, have you thought about allowing poolhalls and other businesses to participate in the sponsorship? In exchange for acknowledgement on the banner, your booth can distribute flyers listing the address and league schedule for the poolhalls supporting this event.

cty, thank you for your idea! Poolhalls and other businesses that may want to contribute may certainly use their business name on the banner instead of an individuals name. About the flyers, if supplied I don't see a problem putting them where people can grab them.

I don't really expect us to cover the 2k, but if we collectively can take the sting out of this for these guys, thats the goal.

thank you
Kev

Last edited:

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Where do I send my check?

Glen

Hi Glen, either Steve or Charlie the tournament organizers will PM their address to all for sending the checks. Put you on the board for $25 Glen?

Thank you
Kev

Last edited: