How fast do you think your break is?

How fast is your break

  • 10-14 mph

    Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 15-19 mph

    Votes: 59 41.0%
  • 20+ mph

    Votes: 71 49.3%

  • Total voters
    144
I have been playing for 20 years and still cant break over 5 MPH.
 
A friend of mine has had the fastest break the last two years at the state tournament. He just happened to be in the lowest age bracket and weighs about 150 and is tall. He hit 31.9 this last year-had to keep the cue ball on the table to count. I was able to get around 23-24 mph a few times and don't feel like I hit them too bad.
 
gpeezy said:

This is a good indicator video...
This will show most that their break isn't close to what they think..

I played John at the Derby this year.. Our breaks are Very close in speed..
As I stated before I hit 30 ONCE at the Hopkins show and won several Sardo tight racks..
I stated that everyone has action if they could do 35mph..
I'll do better... I don't think anyone.. Pro's included can do 33MPH on a 9 ft and keep it on the table.
Best,
Ken Kerner
Highendcues
 
My fastest break is 32 km/h -- but remember, I'm european.

-- peer
 
HighEndCues said:
This is a good indicator video...
This will show most that their break isn't close to what they think..

I played John at the Derby this year.. Our breaks are Very close in speed..
As I stated before I hit 30 ONCE at the Hopkins show and won several Sardo tight racks..
I stated that everyone has action if they could do 35mph..
I'll do better... I don't think anyone.. Pro's included can do 33MPH on a 9 ft and keep it on the table.
Best,
Ken Kerner
Highendcues


Hasn't Bustamante already done 43 mph?
 
BVal said:
Where is proof of that?


Mike Segal just said it on the live stream for the IPT.

I guess you could be qualified to call him a liar, but I doubt that you are.
In case you didn't read my post, it was a question. See the ?
 
BPG24 said:
Mike Segal just said it on the live stream for the IPT.

I guess you could be qualified to call him a liar, but I doubt that you are.
In case you didn't read my post, it was a question. See the ?
In case you didn't read mine it was a question too. You sure are defensive. I was just asking where I could find proof of it. Settle down turbo. No one is calling anyone a liar. Yet!

BVal
 
BPG24 said:
Hasn't Bustamante already done 43 mph?

NOT ON THIS EARTH...
This is how tall tales get started....
If you watched the video of John K break, that is close to 30MPH...
Busta has a great break... But, he's not near 35MPH...
Busta would be the closest to the 33MPH
Beest,
Ken
Highendcues
 
Last edited:
HighEndCues said:
NOT ON THIS EARTH...
This is how tall tales get started....
If you watched the video of John K break, that is close to 30MPH...
Busta has a great break... But, he's not near 35MPH...
Beest,
Ken
Highendcues


Then you are saying that Mike Segal is a liar. :confused:

Why would he just make that up? I know he talks alot, but I don't see a reason for him to lie about it

Maybe someone should ask him. i wasn't there
 
BPG24 said:
Then you are saying that Mike Segal is a liar. :confused:

Why would he just make that up? I know he talks alot, but I don't see a reason for him to lie about it


Maybe KT told him to say it, either that or he was out in the sun too long without a hat on :D
 
BPG24 said:
Then you are saying that Mike Segal is a liar. :confused:

Why would he just make that up? I know he talks alot, but I don't see a reason for him to lie about it

Maybe someone should ask him. i wasn't there

I"m not a person to call anyone a liar in a public forum..
This is what I will say...
43MPH.. Name the time and the place..
We can go a dime a crack for a while....
Best,
Ken
Highendcues
 
I don't know how fast in speed, but my break ball can go from the table waaay over to the opposite side of the room and bang into the soda machine pretty hard. So must be fast.
 
I googled it and came up dry.

I still have no reason to believe Busta didn't do it until there is proof that he did not
 
hang-the-9 said:
I don't know how fast in speed, but my break ball can go from the table waaay over to the opposite side of the room and bang into the soda machine pretty hard. So must be fast.
That is some good distance. It sounds pretty fast :D:D

BVal
 
BPG24 said:
I googled it and came up dry.

I still have no reason to believe Busta didn't do it until there is proof that he did not
I think it is just flat out impossible to break that hard so until I see proof he did the I don't believe it. Not calling anyone a liar just saying I will believe it when I see it. No matter who says what - I need to see it.

BVal
 
HighEndCues said:
We can go a dime a crack for a while....
Best,
Ken
Highendcues

Man, you are really trying to high-roll people here aren't you? I have many dimes but will not bet more than a quarter per break, how do you like those apples?
 
Back
Top