How fast do you think your break is?

How fast is your break

  • 10-14 mph

    Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 15-19 mph

    Votes: 59 41.0%
  • 20+ mph

    Votes: 71 49.3%

  • Total voters
    144
I've been gunned at 23.8. anything more than that and there's no telling where the cueball is going, maybe 3 or 4 rows into the bleachers. LOL!!!!!!!
 
The fastest I've been recorded at is 27. I know I've hit em faster than that though. I can break em at 23,24 all day.
 
I once got a speeding ticket for breaking too fast. Cost me over a $150. The speed limit was 60 MPH in that room. The cop that pulled me over asked me what I had under the hood of my cue. I told him it was stock. Hee Hee.

I've actually got a supercharged Balabushka, with double overhead cams, two four barrel carbs, hi-rise manifold and exhaust headers. I mean it's FAST! If anyone wants to break for pink slips let me know. :)
 
av84fun said:
I'm curious as to why you think you break more slowly on a larger table.

Thanks,
Jim

Well, tell you the truth, I am not quite sure. I have never had a radar on me on a big table, so I have no clue on that. I know everybody says I still hit them pretty hard. I tend to have a little longer stroke and be a little more open on my big table break due to the cue ball being close to the second diamond (farther out than a barbox, and me being a shorter individual). I will have to see what I can do to get a radar and test it on my Diamond.
 
When you hit the cue ball it is immediately slowing down, so when you measure your break on a bar table it's going to be faster than on a regulation table. The cue ball starts slowing down from friction, gravity and wind resistance, the further from your cue tip the cue ball goes the slower it goes.

Every time I have been tested it's been on the Sardo table in Vegas, since I worked the booth next to them for years I did their breaking contest countless times. Once I won $250 for the fastest amateur break at the 1st LA Expo and even got a spiffy certificate along with the cash which posted the winning speed of 25.6mph. John Schmidt won the professional contest but forgot what he clocked.
 
It really depends, however, when I want to see how hard I can break, It's pretty damn fast.
 
Where's Drew in this thread, his ass is always talking about how he breaks over 30 mph all the time :rolleyes:
 
BVal said:
I am just curious how hard people think they break. That other thread got me wondering.

BVal
Getting it measured is always a good thing, whether by radar gun or by timed sensors.

Fred
 
When Corey Deuel was at the Predator office doing some tests we used a time trap to measure and he was consistently breaking 29.9-30.1mph. And when I mean consistent I mean 9 out of 10 times he hit that slot.

Anyone who has measured their break speed over any amount of time should realize just how hard it is to hit those numbers at that rate of consistency. And that was with his 20.5 or 20.8oz Woodpecker cue not a hopped up break cue with a brick for a tip, it was his PLAYING cue.
 
crappoolguy said:
I think he said he could do 40mph+

Someone can have ALL the action they want at 40MPH...
I will empty out on that bet...
There is noone who can do 35MPH on a big table...

I always loved when they had the speed gun contest at Hopkins Show in Valley Forge.. I won several Sardo racks from that contest..
I have done 30mph..
I don't think people realize how fast that is in 5 feet...
Best,
Ken
Highendcues
 
Break Speed

About 5 years ago I clocked 24.7 MPH on a bar box in Las Vegas. I won a Sardo rack for it.
 
gpeezy...I'd like to come to AL and take you up on a bet that you cannot "break em at 23,24 all day"! :D In reading these posts, I know that the majority of players WAY overestimate their break speed. I've got a radar gun, and I'll be happy to clock ya! Truthfully, I'll be surprised if you break 20 very often...which is a very hard break.

Scott Lee
www.pooknowledge.com

gpeezy said:
The fastest I've been recorded at is 27. I know I've hit em faster than that though. I can break em at 23,24 all day.
 
Come on down Scott. If I don't hit 7 out of ten breaks at 23+ you give me free lesson for an hour. If not I will pay for a lesson plus buy you a steak dinner.
 
I agree with Scott Lee most of the pros with a power break only achieve 24 to 27 Earl in his prime stated he breaks at 25 there are a few that im sure can beat that hell were is Nevel in this list his has to be the fastest.
 
If Huntsville has a Ruth's Chris Steak House, you got a deal. :D I'm not going for that 'Waffle House' steak mentioned in the other thread! :eek:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

gpeezy said:
Come on down Scott. If I don't hit 7 out of ten breaks at 23+ you give me free lesson for an hour. If not I will pay for a lesson plus buy you a steak dinner.
 
My top speed is around 18-19 mph. Average about 15-16 mph. This is based on the Radar Gun. Before the radar gun, I always thought that my break was in the low 20's.
 
I've been clocked at over 28, but that was over 9 years ago. No clue what I'm smackin them at now. Could be faster could be slower. I can control the rock at a hell of alot faster speed than I used to though...I would say that I consistantly break them at 20-21...could be 18-19.

Dags
 
tough to beat

I've never used a radar gun, but based on the last few months I'd guess I break at about $500/hour..........
 
ive heard rumors about geogre breedlove having the hardest break of anyone ever recorded, but he throws he shoulder out trying to do it. Id also like to see what jon kucharo's break is at. Because if Kucharos break is around 25ish all you mofo's lyin!!!!
 
Back
Top