How would you play this shot for the win?

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I'm on the 7 Ball need to make the 7 and get position on the 8, how would you get out? Tell me what you'd do then I'll tell you what I did and the outcome.

Black Cat :mad:

http://pool.bz/B/?@4GQpx1HYhc1OIuv3PIpQ@"> http://pool.bz/B/?@4GQpx1HYhc1OIuv3PIpQ@" swStretchStyle=meet type="application/x-director" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/">

CueTable Help

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
All I see is a rectangle with a large "X" inside of it.

Or....is it four triangles???

FWIW, just knock the sh*t out of the cue ball and do what any worthy APA player would do and hope for a good outcome. So, you can either:

Grip and rip.

Poke and hope.

Spray and pray.

Tell us, how did you do it and did it turn out okay for you???

Maniac

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Top left, 8 in the corner

To me...nothing to think about, ez top left, 2 rails, 8 in the corner...then, lights out :)

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Cut the 7 in the side with about 1/2 tip of right.

Cue ball goes three rails. Comes off the third rail at about 2 1/2 diamonds up....gives you the 8 in the side.

Or, if you hit it too hard...the 8 in the corner.

Last edited:

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
I don't get it??? You have almost half of a table to play shape on. I don't even see how you could mess it up because it is a beginner's position.

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three rails around for the side is definitely the percentage play. If you were just trying to impress somebody, you could load it up with inside and play 3 rails (doubling the long rail) for the side, but it would be silly to use inside in a game that actually meant something.

Aaron

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I see is a rectangle with a large "X" inside of it.

Or....is it four triangles???

FWIW, just knock the sh*t out of the cue ball and do what any worthy APA player would do and hope for a good outcome. So, you can either:

Grip and rip.

Poke and hope.

Spray and pray.

Tell us, how did you do it and did it turn out okay for you???

Maniac

It's actually 6 triangles ;)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm on the 7 Ball need to make the 7 and get position on the 8, how would you get out? Tell me what you'd do then I'll tell you what I did and the outcome.

Black Cat :mad:
Please don't post Wei diagrams directly. Many of us can't view them. If possible do a screen grab from the site and post the image. Maybe someone else could do a screen-grab-and-post if you can't.

Also, you should be aware that the Wei site was recently hacked (again) so you should check for viruses and such.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
please don't post wei diagrams directly. Many of us can't view them. If possible do a screen grab from the site and post the image. Maybe someone else could do a screen-grab-and-post if you can't.

Also, you should be aware that the wei site was recently hacked (again) so you should check for viruses and such.

ScreenHunter_19 Sep. 19 10.22.jpg

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You stuck yourself behind the 15 going 5 rails didn't you? That's how I would have hit it. Really I would have.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Three rails around for the side is definitely the percentage play. If you were just trying to impress somebody, you could load it up with inside and play 3 rails (doubling the long rail) for the side, but it would be silly to use inside in a game that actually meant something.

Aaron
If my opponent doubles the long rail from that position, I quit immediately. The 7 ball is a 50-degree cut into the side.

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If my opponent doubles the long rail from that position, I quit immediately. The 7 ball is a 50-degree cut into the side.

I'm talking long/short/long. Even that might require bending the ball a little off of the first rail depending on well the spin grabs on the bottom cushion. The shot is there on some tables, not on others.

Aaron

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I'd try hitting the 7 with high inside english (9:30 to 11:00 depending on the table) to hold the CB & come back to shoot the 8 in the lower right corner. If the cue ball winds up too much in the middle of the table I bank the 8.

The CB goes into the bottom rail, then goes to the top rail & back down toward the bottom & hopefully sits on the bottom rail.

From the pic I could shoot the 8 in the bottom right corner even if cutting to the left hitting with high follow.

If the pic is not accurate then I'm setting up for the bank with draw spin.

the location of the 15 allows for a 'two way' to at least hopefully make the opponent bank the 15.

The 3 rails with the cue ball could give the 15 if not hit exact right or could even scratch if not hit exactly right & the point for the & in the side can ruin everything too if not hit exactly right.

I the is pic is correct, I like the inside english 2 rails with CB toward the bottom rail for the bottom right with the bank as the second option.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Another option is to bank the 7 across corner with low left, but if missed it gives the 15 in the upper right corner.

I like the other way as it has more defense built in if missed.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Bad new blackcat, you can't do [weí][/weí] codes anymore to display these diagrams in a post.
Stopped working a few years ago.
The only way now is to use the screen shot feature (click the wrench bottom left, then camera
which is on the right side of all those icons). Then paste into an image program like MS paint,
and upload the image somewhere like http://www.imgur.com ...they will provide a link you can use
instead of the [weí] link. It will start with instead.

Anyway I went ahead and did all that for your diagram so others could see.
It looks like to me just center ball, or a little top on the 7, or a little top+right... will bring
the cue ball around like so. Basically it's a natural path with almost no spin needed to change it.
You'll fall on either the side or corner.

The closer you come to scratching in the top left corner in the pic, the better your position will be,
you'll land closer to the 8. So you need some feel to find out how close you can get to that pocket.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Qb0u5pm.jpg

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inside English is not the shot. Three rails with outside I'm out 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Inside English is not the shot. Three rails with outside I'm out 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well, inside english might not be the shot 'for you'.

I could do it both ways, but the inside english has more natural 'two way' in it.

I'm older than you & have probably missed more than you, cumulatively speaking.

The inside english is a softer shot & can even increase the odds of the 7 going if just a bit off.

Give it a try. You might like it & it will give you another option if there are more balls that could get in the way of the 3 railer.

Best,
Rick

PS If you can actually do it 99 out of 100 tomes without ever scratching in either corner, I'd say that you can control the cue ball even better than I can. The 9' diamond I'm now laying on is super lightning fast.

Last edited: