I got a feeling about this years U.S Open

RobDeBank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is just a hunch I have but I feel like this year Rodney Morris is going to win his second U.S. Open. I am basing this off of nothing except the fact the Rodney is a beast and always comes out of nowhere to snap off a good tourney or 2 every year. Not trying to bet on it or anything I would just like to see an American champ this year and I feel like Rodney is going to play beast. Anyone else got a prediction of their own?? please share.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
this is just a hunch I have but I feel like this year Rodney Morris is going to win his second U.S. Open. I am basing this off of nothing except the fact the Rodney is a beast and always comes out of nowhere to snap off a good tourney or 2 every year. Not trying to bet on it or anything I would just like to see an American champ this year and I feel like Rodney is going to play beast. Anyone else got a prediction of their own?? please share.

will you give me the rest of the field?

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
Well I think you can pretty much just count SVB out this year, he has something else on the mind besides pool since like April or May.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling that Earl the pearl will snap this one , a 6th time US Open is big, and he's playing great right now....

the only thing that can beat him, is himself, lets hope he comes into this one with a state of mind that he play with when he wins a big tournament. remember his state of mind on the 2000's US Open when he won it in the finals against the japanese player? You never see his reaction, he didn't talk or get angry, when he's in this type of deamenar, he can win it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Dennis Orcollo is my pick, followed by Ralf Souquet.

My dark horses are Chris Melling and Mike Dechaine.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess is a player from PA using a Lambros Cue with an Ultra-Skin layered tip. I'm rooting for an underdog.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling that Earl the pearl will snap this one , a 6th time US Open is big, and he's playing great right now....

the only thing that can beat him, is himself, lets hope he comes into this one with a state of mind that he play with when he wins a big tournament. remember his state of mind on the 2000's US Open when he won it in the finals against the japanese player? You never see his reaction, he didn't talk or get angry, when he's in this type of deamenar, he can win it.

While I am certainly not Earl's biggest fan (I think his antics are ridiculous), I would *LOVE* to see him win again. His 9 ball game at its best is the best I've ever seen. I know he loves pool so much, and he clearly is reaching the twilight of his competitive pro career. It would be a pretty great win for him, and I think given the whole of his pool life, he deserves it. It seems he's really been doing well lately. Hopefully that is true off the table as well.

KMRUNOUT

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
SVB was back in town and the kid looks good. He's had alot of stuff go down the last few months. He had a little down time while here, we'll see if he has it back on the rails. If he comes with fire in his heart the field better watch out!

best,

Justin

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Well, it's going to be my first year attending. So, whatever happens will be special. For a sentimental favorite, it would have to be Earl. He'll need to focus and modulate his emotions, however. He certainly still has the game.

I would like to see an American player win it; however, a 3-peat from Appleton would be special.

Hope to meet some AZ'ers there!

RobDeBank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
even tho I think Rodney is gonna win, since I am a canadian it would be nice to see Alex take it home.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Rodney, Earl or SVB for the win!!

Jack Hynes in 2nd..!

(and no, I haven't seen or heard anything of Jack in years, but it'd be neat to have some lesser known world beater like him show up and snap it off!)

Wish I was going...I know any day attending a pool tourney is always better than a day at work!

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This one will be really tough, many top pro players already beat or beaten by each other, i know for sure the only US player really hungry for the title and money is Brandon Shuff, i expect him to be in the finals, with Dennis Orcollo. Yet again with winner's breaking it could have many turns, Alex P. is hungry too he might get up there. Darren A, and the Ice man got lots of willpower, maybe.

SVB, Rodney, Earl, Efren and few top pros, all are history their ego got crushed and cannot be restored.