I'm coming to Chicago!

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Anyone interested in shooting a few racks with me or showing me their favorite room or playing in a weekly tournament?

I will be in Chicago Sept. 3rd and 4th. Those are the only evenings I can get away. I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont.

Would love to meet fellow AZBers and play some with you.

Contact me at poolmyfinger@gmail.com. :)

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone interested in shooting a few racks with me or showing me their favorite room or playing in a weekly tournament?

I will be in Chicago Sept. 3rd and 4th. Those are the only evenings I can get away. I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont.

I wish I was going to be there then. It was great to meet you a few years ago.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Um, no. Is there something I should know? Where is the room the players go to?

Well, since you're not staying in "the city" proper, you'll be fine.
But if you do go into Chicago, we ask that you please observe a few basic rules:

Don't gawk at the tall buildings. It makes you look like a tourist.
Ignore the walk and don't walk signs and just cross the street when its clear to.
(Otherwise you look like a tourist)
Normal drivers won't run you over, but watch out for the cabs, they're insane.
Don't mention any sports teams other than Chicago's. For safety reasons.
Don't say "da bears". That phrase is reserved for locals.
Never ask for ketchup on a hotdog. You might be arrested.
Don't take rides on double decker buses, or rent bicycles built for 4.
If you eat at a nice restaurant, don't carry your leftovers around in a foam box.
All Chicago pizza is awesome. Don't ask who's is best.
Don't shop at polish stores unless you can speak polish.

That should keep you safe for a few days. :thumbup:

Go shoot pool at Red Shoes, Chris's or maybe even the Pyramid club if youre out in the burbs. The city is a different story.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Well, since you're not staying in "the city" proper, you'll be fine.
But if you do go into Chicago, we ask that you please observe a few basic rules:

Don't gawk at the tall buildings. It makes you look like a tourist.
Ignore the walk and don't walk signs and just cross the street when its clear to.
(Otherwise you look like a tourist)
Normal drivers won't run you over, but watch out for the cabs, they're insane.
Don't mention any sports teams other than Chicago's. For safety reasons.
Don't say "da bears". That phrase is reserved for locals.
Never ask for ketchup on a hotdog. You might be arrested.
Don't take rides on double decker buses, or rent bicycles built for 4.
If you eat at a nice restaurant, don't carry your leftovers around in a foam box.
All Chicago pizza is awesome. Don't ask who's is best.
Don't shop at polish stores unless you can speak polish.

That should keep you safe for a few days. :thumbup:

Go shoot pool at Red Shoes, Chris's or maybe even the Pyramid club if youre out in the burbs. The city is a different story.

ROFL, I will take your advice! I think we are going to a Wed. night 8 ball tourney, so far.

golubushka

Silver Member
Where I am at, of course. Red Shoes Billiards, 121st and Pulaski in Alsip, IL (a suburb).

Beard

Yea...it would make sense that the South Side would have the best action...that's a little less than 3 miles from where Al Capone was originally buried before they moved the body...and apparently where "Catherine O'Leary, owner of cow who allegedly started Great Chicago Fire" is buried, as per this link anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Olivet_Cemetery_(Chicago)

...but also a little less than 5 miles away from Red Shoes (according to google anyway) is one of the locations of these tours....

http://www.gangstertour.com/

which looks like it could be real fun, to me anyway....
;)

Edit: Oh well...but it doesn't seem like the OP will have much time for sightseeing...but what the heck, maybe I added some "local color" info anyway....

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the Wed. night 8 ball tourney?

Chris's..... I should add they also have weekly tournaments on Sunday as well. Folks should call and confirm but I believe they have two separate tournaments on Sunday one starts at 1:00 PM and the next one is at 7:00 pm one is nine ball the other is 8 ball. I may be slightly off so call ahead!!

Last edited:

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you're going to be at Red Shoes on the 3rd let me know. There is an off chance I'll be playing there that night anyway, but if not I'd love to come out and play some.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
If you're going to be at Red Shoes on the 3rd let me know. There is an off chance I'll be playing there that night anyway, but if not I'd love to come out and play some.

Sounds good - Red Shoes on Tuesday and Chris's on Wed. Sound like a really fun time. Everyone is going to have to come up and introduce themselves to me. I look like my photo but with long hair now. ;)

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Sounds good - Red Shoes on Tuesday and Chris's on Wed. Sound like a really fun time. Everyone is going to have to come up and introduce themselves to me. I look like my photo but with long hair now. ;)

Make it easy on them Linda, wear your Az queen crown. :thumbup:

Glad that you are well.

J

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Make it easy on them Linda, wear your Az queen crown. :thumbup:

Glad that you are well.

J

LOL Hope you are well too!

Attachments

• caricature_previewCAI0NB21.png
    caricature_previewCAI0NB21.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 374

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Is pro tyme billiards still open in orland park or alsip?
The room in orland park was sharp..

Rob.M